Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Controller - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Damn!! September!! I will figure something else out to buy unless it is at the AC convention and REALLY blows me away....

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 5:28 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Should have mine next week so I can tease Gadget man.
Plan on seeing this in the booth at AC this next month for sure.

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 5:32 pm
In all the talk about specs with this thing I haven't heard anybody comment on the crossfader............does it have a strong stem, does it slide smoothly, how does it feel when moving it back and forth (that doesn't sound right, Lmao!!). So my question to anybody (Roy) is this fader gonna stand up to someone who practices there cuts everyday sometimes for like an hour or two??

Thanks for you time and the info
Huey

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 8:23 am

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 8:43 am
Damn #2 - September now sucks!!!

The extra wait better be well worth it!!!

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 11:41 am
Where are you getting that date Tao?

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 11:47 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Scroll to the last page, Rick. I got that info from an AA dealer. Back orders are high on this item. It is a hot ticket option.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 12:03 pm
WestEnd DJ are reporting the 14th September although decks' website are reporting the 3rd August from the first UK shipment - but I'm not sure their stock levels are live?

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 12:18 pm
Well mine will be here Thursday, I believe they are in the country here and shipping from LA.

Now, what happens in the different distribution networks is a different thing naturally, and back orders will probably factor in to this also.
At least for a change support networks are getting a look first.
Thing is going to just fit my case replacing a Denon 4500, MAudio FTP and Xsession without giving up balanced outputs, ya...nice.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 12:26 pm
@MP3JRICK, A little more info on your case plese. Is it a custom case, if not where could I see or buy 1 at or better yet could you post a few pics??

Sorry for all the questions
Huey

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 1:12 pm
Controllers are distributed by Some here, Some there. Where im going, Its a great chance that there will be many....( Hint) It's hot in here, Let me turn up the A.C.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 1:25 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Its funny theres no mention of it being used with vdj in the scratchworx website.

Tracktor ready lol.

I can't wait till this thing is available. Its the answer to all my back problems as a mobile dj!

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 4:28 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
@MP3JRICK, A little more info on your case plese. Is it a custom case, if not where could I see or buy 1 at or better yet could you post a few pics??

Sorry for all the questions
Huey

I have documented nearly build and will show this one when i am done also.
It started off like this, as you can see PCDJ, way back.
http://www.virtualdj.com/image/oldblog/7/4921/image.jpg

Then with the same case built in the Shuttle, u46, xsession and dac 3.

http://www.virtualdj.com/image/oldblog/25/4921/image.jpg

Then upped the monitor, went to a MAudio Fast Track Pro, VGA Splitter and DN 4500.

http://www.virtualdj.com/image/36885/20331/IMGP0827.JPG

So what will happen with this build is the 4500, xsession and FTP are gone and the VMS4 will slide right in.
All of these builds are in my blog if you want more details.
But, the only thing I have changed in the base system is I added 1g of memory, changed up the video card a couple of times and upped the 250's to 1-1.5tb drives.
Other than that, its all original.

Now I want to point out this very important thing.
This base build goes back 5 years with the Shuttle and I've only upped things because I wanted to not because I had to, including going to a dual core processor. Its the same xp pro from the 3u system that I had before and is in my blog, but my back said fu 2 the 3u long ago.
That frame is now in a club that Teamer Phillydj owns in Philadelphia and is stationary.
The point is that, none of this mileage would have been technically possible with a laptop.

Lastly, It has been my fortune to be shipped my VMS4 through the graces of AA so we can support it properly, so I still believe the shipping time frames are still a big question at this point.
So I didn't want to get peoples hopes up too early, but will keep you posted on how this all evolves.

I went through the long delays with my DAC 3 from pcdj and AVM02 video mixer (which I got so pissed about being strung along I canceled), along with other gear over the years.
So try not to get to worked up, its not like Christmas being the 25th and no later, so its better to just ignore the hype.

I am sorry if I added to this anxiety with my post.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 5:25 pm
AndrewPRO InfinityMember since 2003
l_rids wrote :
Its funny theres no mention of it being used with vdj in the scratchworx website.

Tracktor ready lol.

I can't wait till this thing is available. Its the answer to all my back problems as a mobile dj!

The reason for this is because that was it's initial public release back in January, you can read the latest here:

http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=1484

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 5:38 pm
Good news people...VMS4 Now Shipping.

@Rick... we should be able to compare notes next week!!!

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 02 Aug 10 @ 1:47 pm
still have a few weeks wait here in the US : (

Our local Guitar Center has taken exactly 0 (zero) pre-orders for this unit. I had to direct them to the website for a look, the sales staff didn't know what I was talking about. Gotta love living in Arkansas, VMS4 will be the shit here in about 2 years. HA
GC knows to call me as soon as one hits the back dock.

Posted Mon 02 Aug 10 @ 2:55 pm
So for here in the US, what is my best option for ordering the VMS4? As in like where to get it the soonest? DJPlanet.com says they will have some in stock on 8.5?

Posted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 12:33 am
As far as I am aware all the first batch in both Europe and the US were sold out on pre-order...

Good luck though.

Roy

Posted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 2:33 am

Posted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 5:19 am
GadgetMan wrote :
Good news people...VMS4 Now Shipping.

@Rick... we should be able to compare notes next week!!!

Cheers,

Roy

Didn't sleep last night...lol
Reports from our Developer are very high on this one.
It's refreshing to see a manufacturer go after it like this.

It's also going to include a decent upgrade path, and OMG a working Mic option!
I mean really when I think about all of the complaints, wishes and possibilities, this thing is poised for a grand slam.
Then you factor in the street price of $500 with software and it clears the bases.

We had a comment about it being rushed, but I totally disagree.
This was under wraps for a long time, and held up 6 months working out details and marrying to the software, so this should fit like a glove right out of the box.
It's a steel frame unit, not plastic and with the replaceable fader, wear out proof.
Custom overlays add even more flava to it, so I can't wait to test it.
Now where is that tracking number....

Posted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 6:13 am
33%