Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Controller - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Anyone get a chance to demo this piece yet? Wanna get it when it finally available and as an American Audio dealer I can get it at the same price as the Hercules RMX. Just wondering if anyone else is looking forward to this. Master & Sub output, two mic inputs, built in mouse, and user replaceable faders. Not to mention Innofader compatable.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 10:25 pm
Thats the price im looking forward to paying.. I have to mess around with it to see if it passes my Standards. looks and extra features are not my concern. Its the feel and the responce that matters.. Once the feel and responce are good.. Then the extra features are cool.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 10:48 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
davedallas wrote :
Anyone get a chance to demo this piece yet?

Just a simple sample ...

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 11:44 pm
I've come really, really close but the ADJ rep forgot both his laptop and the drivers so I couldn't even install on my own lappy. Very solid, good quality controls and for me everything I have been trying to re-create in my own setup available in a single piece of kit.

not sure where you get master AND sub output from. It has XLRs and RCAs, but the manual clearly states to use one or the other - not both. I would go through a crossover or through a sub with a hi pass filter anyway.

Also not sure if its in the same price bracket as the RMX - should be more expensive. Here in the UK the RMX is still around £285, the VMS4 is £399. Just checked the prioces in the US and the RMX is $349 and the VMS4 is supposed to be $499 right?

Now that it's been delayed (again) until the end of August, I'm gonna work on the ADJ rep again to see if I can have a play.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 7:21 am
I played with it a little in Vegas, and I know it will be in AC. It felt pretty good, and I'm thinking about getting it. I do realize that this is an American Audio product, not Pioneer or A&H. You will probably be able to get a great price there also.

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 9:48 am
I love all of the features but I agree, the real question is how well it responds. Also the sub output I was talking about is actually a booth output which is confirmed in the specs from the ADJ website. Although I agree that it's not Pioneer or Allen & Heath I think the AA has stepped up their game as far as their audio equipment. My back-up system is entirely AA and I put on a haunted house/hayride every year and I use a ton of their lights and active speakers. I don't think I would ever gig with their speakers because they'll never compare to my JBL/Crown. However I do find them pretty durable even when they get some rain on them. As you can imagine they get pretty beat-up at a haunted house.

http://www.adjaudio.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=1447&MainId=0&Category=CD_Players

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 11:02 am
This unit is not a toy, and is very substantial. My comment was not a knock at American Audio. The reality is, like everything, there are different grades of quality, and price is usually an indicator of build quality. As I have played with this unit, and am interested. The fact of the matter is, this is the only all in one unit I have given a second look at. I have a great four channel mixer, and this is the only unit that offers me four channels, and two mic channels, and I don't have to sell one of my kidneys to get it. Actually, I really only need one kidney.

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 11:32 am
Looks OK for £399 but a fair bit larger than I thought it would be (unless you actually are a midget Roy:))

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 12:06 pm
I like the size of it, I want!

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 12:47 pm
Yeah I think I'm gonna call my rep and see if I can get my hands on one.

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 1:04 pm
I wish it was as big as the NS7. I'm gonna be makin the switch from turntables and those tiny jogs just feel weird to me. Plus it looks alittle tight, like everything seems jammed together but because I'm a poor man the VMS4 just seems like the way to go. I mean hell 4channels vs. 2.....come on thats a no brainer right out the gate!! Anyways I'm excited about this and cant wait to get my hands on it.

Huey

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 3:57 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Andrew87 wrote :
I like the size of it, I want!

The VMS4 or the midget?

Seriously though, I have been waiting for this thing and actually pre-ordered it back when it was thought to be coming in June.
My favorite feature is that even without a computer, it is still a fully functional mixer. I have yet to see a video of anyone actually scratching on it and hope that it will do at least as well as the Denon HD2500 I have been using lately, and I will be able to replace that and my mixer.

When I do get mine (VMS4, not a midget,) there will be a BIG ASS coffin on Craigslist for sale in NYC area. (computer, 24"LCD, video mixer, HD2500, PPD09 mixer, 1000VA UPS, hydraulics, etc.)

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 6:41 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I had a discussion today with my friend the American Audio dealer. He grabbed a phone to see when the VMS4 will be available for us here in the U.S. According to him, the back orders are already piling up in Europe. Which, in turn, will delay the shipping here a bit. Middle or late September is the only word he received on delivery here in the States.

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 6:20 pm
The VMS4 is a small deck. Its not big.

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 6:50 pm
lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I called my AA Dealer as well 2 weeks ago, and he said the same thing. If I pre-ordered now he could get it in by mid Sept.

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 7:30 pm
If you order now, you'll be ordering from the second batch. The first batch for both US and Europe sold out months ago - Hence the mid September date.

There are 2000 coming to the UK and I have had it confirmed that mine is in that initial order...

Oh, and for the record I'm no midget. 6'4" (1.95m) and 17st (238lbs)

@davedallas, are you saying you use the booth output for your sub or do you call your booth sub?

Also about the build quality - this is a substantial piece of kit - not light, but very solid. Jog wheels don't seem too small to me, but then I'm coming from the RMX. the layout may look a bit busy, but up close it's pretty good. Plenty of room for big hands around all those buttons and knobs!

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 9:12 am
Dam Roy your a big dude!! You should be playing football or something, lol.!! But that's good to know there's room for big hands cause I'm 6'2 235lbs..

The community is lucky to have you around cause you've been my link to this thing, good job and thanks!!

Huey

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 9:37 am
GadgetMan wrote :
Oh, and for the record I'm no midget. 6'4" (1.95m) and 17st (238lbs)

I was going to make a remark about Tottenham but now.. I'm not that keen on football anyway heh.

But to echo beatbreaker's thoughts, thanks for the updates, it's like having an AA rep on the boards :)

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 9:55 am
No probs... I'm talking to the rep over here about doing some vids once the unit us launched. So I plan to be of as much help as possible.

For starters the driver setup and the various modes are gonna take a bit of getting used to. But more on that when I finally get my hands on the damn thing!!!!

Roy

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 10:14 am
@gagetman
I'll use the booth output for my powered sub. I've been doing that for years with my normal mixer so that I can control my sub volume seperately from my mains. Plus most powered subs have internal crossovers and I still run my mains through a 16 channel DBX eq and BBE sonic maximiser. Just excited that I can do that with this.

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 10:32 am
16%