Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New name for Virtual Dj 8 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

luistfashion wrote :
splao wrote :
Paying superstar DJ to use the software is a great idea it will give VDJ more exposure and kill the argument that only bedroom djs use VDJ.

But the Gold was Pioneer or Allen & Heath adding a VDJ logo on their future all-in-one controllers (as rumors say they are preparing)... that will sure give VDJ a MAJOR STATUS UPGRADE!

Just my 2 cents.

status, isn't that just a bit sad. everything is about status these days. does that mean you should cover your hercules rmx logo and replace it with a pioneer sticker just to fit in. i saw a picture of a new denon controller with a vdj logo on it, does that mean vdj is now more appealing...... i think not.
fact is you get jobs for your music performance reputation, not by your choice in software. 5 years from now probably everyone will use software. by then we will see what the new standard will be. but it will probably be a program chosen by it's ability and not by it's status

Posted Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 5:14 am
s.waterreus wrote :
luistfashion wrote :
splao wrote :
Paying superstar DJ to use the software is a great idea it will give VDJ more exposure and kill the argument that only bedroom djs use VDJ.

But the Gold was Pioneer or Allen & Heath adding a VDJ logo on their future all-in-one controllers (as rumors say they are preparing)... that will sure give VDJ a MAJOR STATUS UPGRADE!

Just my 2 cents.

status, isn't that just a bit sad. everything is about status these days. does that mean you should cover your hercules rmx logo and replace it with a pioneer sticker just to fit in. i saw a picture of a new denon controller with a vdj logo on it, does that mean vdj is now more appealing...... i think not.
fact is you get jobs for your music performance reputation, not by your choice in software. 5 years from now probably everyone will use software. by then we will see what the new standard will be. but it will probably be a program chosen by it's ability and not by it's status

I second that!

And to add, at the end of the day VDJ works... and damn well: END OF

Posted Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 5:15 am
DJ azenPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I think that all agree the name "VirtualDJ" it's fine. but i would like that Atomix consider to change the logo that to me looks too plain and simple
VDJ deserve a better logo.

Posted Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 9:24 am
beau12LE userMember since 2010
i would love it if you could call it something along the lines of "Club DJ" And ''Club DJ Pro" its sound cool to me tell me what you think LOL

cant wait to see what the name is

please somthing with club in the name though that would be cool

Digital-Mayhem aka beau12 : ]

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 5:39 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Sorry, Beau, there are a lot of mobile DJs that use the software too.....

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 5:54 pm
Bro I like that picture but people is used to "Virtual DJ". It's better to leave this the way they are right now. Why would people use automix at clubs?? What it does is plays the track comming next. Even a newbie would mix better than the automix. I use it sometimes at small parties I don't care only.

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 9:52 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I think it is todays hardware to blame for the image. The RMX and other smaller controlers are great and I owned an RMX. But they look like toys compared to past 1200's or Table top CDJs that look straight of a space ship. Nobody asks what software I run when I interview, my demo sells me.

1 person asked (during a show) if I used Serato and I replied "itch does not do video". They just said "oh" and said how great it looked and sounded.

Personally, I lay out the NS7 and my video screens. Nobody even looks to see what software I run. I even had one girl at the start of the show (act not even started) come up and say how "sexy" the NS7 was (no joke) and was hitting me right after. When they see the show and ask how I can I do it, then I say VDJ and people are ready to buy it, asking how much it costs, looking it up on thier phones, etc. Your gear and your act say it all.

When you show up with a laptop and a sound board the same size (or smaller), there is just not the same WOW factor. Even if they do work great, sound great, are super easy to travel with and set up. My $.02

Posted Sun 29 May 11 @ 10:05 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
beau12 wrote :
i would love it if you could call it something along the lines of "Club DJ" And ''Club DJ Pro" its sound cool to me tell me what you think LOL

Completely uncreative IMHO I'm afraid. Not to mention the fact that software already exists with that name - and the name obviously isn't helping them out too much.

Posted Sun 29 May 11 @ 10:43 am
It it just dumb to diss a program cause of it's name. About sync feature, it is also funny for people to mock too much about it. It is not once you click sync it does everything for you, mix two songs together, changing eqs and setting loops for you. Unless you are planning to be next DMC champion, software and midi-controllers are the future and every feature they have are for your good in my opinion.

Traktor's name in my opinion far worse than VDJ hehe.

http://www.millerrepairservice.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/tractor.150193027.JPG

Atleast we have '' DJ '' in the name :p

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 6:34 pm
SBDJ wrote :
beau12 wrote :

Completely uncreative IMHO I'm afraid. Not to mention the fact that software already exists with that name - and the name obviously isn't helping them out too much.

+1 VIRTUALDJ is the perfect name

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 10:26 am
who cares, its your skills not your tool ;) can you imagine if GM wouldnt hire you because you drive a Ford or Dodge.... i get hired because of what i do, not because of what i use. that is all, carry on....

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 10:35 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
i really dont see how people can put VDJ down, they obviously aint too clever or they would know that VDJ was officially voted "the Best" professional dj software in a poll. there was a thread on here about it not so long ago.

what would these people say if you said you used ableton to dj?

do they also not realise that a lot of world class dj's use VDJ? i mean dont get me wrong, each to their own but you use what you use becuse your comfortable with it. hence why ive tried traktor a few times and dont really like it because it just didnt feel right. and ive never ever tried serato.

what ive found over the years is people take the mick out of what they dont understand. disabilities, foreigners, blacks, asians, lower intelligence, ginger people etc... the same goes for these people who think VDJ is for kids or the bedroom. they obviously havnt bothered to get to know the software or take the time to learn about it or they would probably be using it themselves.

i suppose they also dont realise that to use the auto mix feature, you have to spend a huge amount of time creating playlists and cue points. essentially building the complete set, and working on it "before" you can even really consider hitting the button.

some people are just plain ignorant and should fall in poo nose first so they can smell what theyre talking.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 12:51 pm
Dj AlkiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I use to use vdj a couple of years ago but could never get the timecodes to work properly "Use turntables" Then i used Serato at the local music shop and never looked back. Took 2min to setup compared to an hour or more depending if the same settings worked. Haven't tried v7 but in my experience i have gotten allot more respect using serato then vdj.

Vdj will always be looked at as a toy. Its had that image since its first release an they can't seem to shake it off. Another reason is with all the cracked copies out there with armature djs behind them not helping its reputation. They make the software look cheap coming with a desktop computer, yes i have seen it once not a laptop but a desktop lol. Also Serato been rocked solid for me, haven't had one crash during a live gig or practice at home. I remember the days it took hours to try and setup virtual dj with timecodes..the torture and still wasn't 100 per cent.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 4:42 am
Dj Alki wrote :
I use to use vdj a couple of years ago but could never get the timecodes to work properly "Use turntables" Then i used Serato at the local music shop and never looked back. Took 2min to setup compared to an hour or more depending if the same settings worked. Haven't tried v7 but in my experience i have gotten allot more respect using serato then vdj.

Vdj will always be looked at as a toy. Its had that image since its first release an they can't seem to shake it off. Another reason is with all the cracked copies out there with armature djs behind them not helping its reputation. They make the software look cheap coming with a desktop computer, yes i have seen it once not a laptop but a desktop lol. Also Serato been rocked solid for me, haven't had one crash during a live gig or practice at home. I remember the days it took hours to try and setup virtual dj with timecodes..the torture and still wasn't 100 per cent.

Vdj is what it is...remember this is a business and atomix is targeting wanna be djs, from a business prospective I would do the same too. But when it comes to professional DJs... 9/10 will either be using serato or tractor. There's no going around the truth and it's obvious that vdj employees and moderators will defend their product, but facts are fact, and the fact is you will not see vdj in a club or to be fair 9/10 clubs. :)

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 4:29 pm
i have tried a lot of dj software the last deceda ...from mixvibes, otsjuke pcdj to traktor and virtualdj. VirtualDJ is the most user friendly to use , something that makes it popular to wanna be djs.

But what i hate is when i hear people saying Serato and traktor is professional and vdj not without any serious argument. For me is not an argument that traktor it has better effects , or sound quality because i havent seen a serious and real test for this. But VDj is superior in midi mapping with vdj script language , video mixing even with advanced HID support. These are real arguments that nobody if he is clever can deny!
So i dont care what people says , i just play with what i prefer and i have nothing to prove to anybody. they have just to listen to my music :)

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 5:28 pm
I know i create the topic but i had to give up!

I had to surrender, bad or good, the fact is after i migrate to Traktor Pro 2 i've been getting more attention from all Dj's i play with, the club owners, and for me despite the fact that i haven't agree with the judgment on VDJ made by them...i'm more comfortable using Traktor...

Not making any pros/cons evaluation but the fact is i haven't got a single freeze, crash or glitch with Traktor Pro contrary to VDJ. And i have to say the sound engine is in fact more powerful and precise than VDJ...

I miss all the support from the forum of VDJ but in the end people can judge you not for how you play, but what you use to play with.
Someone said the most important was the technic and your sound...and now i agree...imagine you're a real estate sales man....will you give a more professional image wearing a Armani Suit or a Basic T-Shirt and Surf Pants? No matter what the truth is, the market judge you for you looks, your gear, and your software. I agree, many wannabe Dj's using craked versions of VDJ is one of the biggest bad reputation sources for the software.

But now...i feel i'm wearing an Armani suit...

Good luck to u all! Maybe someday i'll change back...but for now i enjoy the regular gigs compared to the pass using VDJ. It's a cruel world...but we have to "survive" in it!

Cheers!

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 6:38 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ SUGAR wrote :
Vdj is what it is...remember this is a business and atomix is targeting wanna be djs,

The target is any and all DJs - not just wanna be DJs. -- I guess everyone on this forum (including yourself - is a 'wanna be' with a statement like that.

DJ SUGAR wrote :
There's no going around the truth and it's obvious that vdj employees and moderators will defend their product, but facts are fact, and the fact is you will not see vdj in a club or to be fair 9/10 clubs. :)

Maybe in your area -- but there are several, upon several; DJs that have club gigs using VirtualDJ in my area. And the Top 3 clubs in the area have DJs that use VirtualDJ.

So, don't be so 'broad' in your statements specially if you are going to use % values to justify what you say.

luistfashion wrote :
I had to surrender, bad or good, the fact is after i migrate to Traktor Pro 2 i've been getting more attention from all Dj's i play with

And that is only because you now have something in common with the DJs that they are familiar with ... they have nothing to 'hate' on you about. Remember this is a cut throat business ... just wait until you take someone's spot at a club - then your skills (or lack there of) will be the topic of the discussion.

luistfashion wrote :
, the club owners,

Do you really get asked and discuss your software when you talk with a club owner?

DJ SUGAR wrote :
and it's obvious that vdj employees and moderators will defend their product

My comments are from being a DJ and every person in the categories you mention are working DJs as well - that use VirtualDJ. So we defend it because it is what we use - not just because we have some 'status' with the product or company.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 7:29 pm
cstoll wrote :

luistfashion wrote :
, the club owners,

Do you really get asked and discuss your software when you talk with a club owner?

Unfortunately yes! When i schedule an interview @ a club, they ask for what gear i use (if my own or the club own gear) and if using software, what's the one i use....it seems difficult to believe but it's truth... in the past when i told it was VDJ they ask: Virtual DJ? Don't you play with Traktor or Serato? I used to say:no...the response was...we will get back to you soon...and nothing happened!!! No back call from them!

You know all club owners are a bit of a wannabe dj's, and unfortunately they only respect professionals using the major software brands (when i say major is the ones used by the biggest names in e-music worldwide)...The so called "Superstars"...and all put together the software sure makes the difference: Welcome to Brasil!

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 8:00 pm
And while your wearing your Armani suit, which anybody can come in and buy that same suit, ill be rocking a custom made suit that only I can rock.

Good Luck on your Journeys
Huey

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 8:17 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
And while your wearing your Armani suit, which anybody can come in and buy that same suit, ill be rocking a custom made suit that only I can rock.

Good Luck on your Journeys
Huey

Huey, that was an example!

I feel i'm being misunderstood... I don't intent to wear the Armani, i just feel i can get a different image!
That's the reality in my market!
Especially when i play such a different non commercial/pop style. Soulful, Disco and Deep House here is something new...so please don't judge the steps i'm forced to give to "survive" in this jungle!

I wish you the best of luck and hope i can come back someday!

Cheers!

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 8:28 pm
94%