Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New name for Virtual Dj 8 - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

WOW! No matter how many times it's been brought up here on the forum (for me it's the first time, by the way: there are also always NEW USERS out there, do not forget that, you lovely helpful bunch of VDJ veterans!) the topic's obviously still HOT!!! (look at those posts!)

My input:

1. Clear your mind of everything (think Yoda on Dagobah), forget the past... Now... What do yoy feel when I say:

Virtual DJ

Yes. The name is perfect. It describes the product perfectly: SOFTWARE for DJ-ing. So, as a DJ you're going VIRTUAL when using this. No name change is necessary.

Of course, you COULD make a sub product/product division: one AUDIO ONLY (named "Virtual DJ") and one VIDEO and AUDIO (named "Digital VJ"). LOL! I'm just kidding!

2. This is especially directed to the creator of this post, but also to many of the others: nowadays (I'm talking the last 20 years or so) the young people (yes, I'm an older guy) get infected with the FASHION FEVER by the commercial media machine. If you don't wear this or that brand sneakers, suits, whatever, you're not "cool", you don't belong to the group, etc. At least half of the sales made run of fashion fuel. People are brainwashed to get the newest, latest, because that's better than what was before.

WELL I AM FROM A DIFFERENT GENERATION / BREED / OPINION. No matter what we are talking about: music, place to live, job, clothes, hobby etc. I have always just bought, made, persued only that which i wanted, needed, aspired. I HAVE NEVER FELT THE NEED TO LOOK AT MY NEIGHBOUR TO SEE WHAT HE OR SHE HAS, TO KNOW IF I'M CONTENT WITH WHAT I HAVE. I look inside myself, and then I know what I need. And that's what I'll get, be it oldfashoined or the latest craze, I couldn't care less.

As far as Dj software goes: I selected Virtual DJ because of its (video) capabilities. I am very satisfied with it, so i don't see the need for SERATO or TRAKTOR or any other software the happens to have a certain STATUS (read: being in fashion). I just laugh myself silly at all those poor people runnig around to get their hands on the latest and "be someone". It's been said here before: what it all comes down to is what you do on stage when DJ-ing. Whether you do it with or without software, whether you use a certain kind of software or not, whether you beat mix or not, whether you scratch or not, DJ-ing is ultimately about the music you play and the reaction it has on the people on the dancefloor...

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 5:34 am
same old story, same old topic, same old everything.

if it ain't broke - don't fix it

don't like the name? get a peice of tape and cover that part of the screen.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 6:43 am
Now THAT'S funny!

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 12:02 pm
I can honestly say that i have used VirtualDJ now for what seems like forever [6-7 years], i love it and does actually take some skill to use properly and get the best functionality out of this software, but sadly i have to agree that sometimes people seem to put me down for using a so called ''Virtual DJ'' software, but i feel proud to be part of this ongoing piece of software

Whatever your doing keep it up.... <3

Posted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 2:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)