Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Pioneer RMX-1000 VST

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All,

Thought I'd start a Post for all items/queries about the Pioneer RMX-1000 VST as nothing came up in the search.
Admin feel free to remove/move/rename if you wish.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 7:25 am
Installed the VST on VDJ8 Yesturday.
Setup:
Pioneer DDJ-SX2
Pioneer RMX-1000
Laptop - Windows 7 i7 Quad core 12Gb Ram.

Problem:
When launching the VST on Deck 2 after using the VST on deck 1 I get intermittent hardware freezes.
It's happened 100% of the time out of my 4 test runs but nothing I can say repeat certain steps to cause the crash.
SX2 becomes un responsive and I loose audio output.
VDJ becomes unresponsive and I get the windows warning "VDJ is unresponsive" 2 options, force close or wait for app to respond.

Restart required on software and reboot on hardware.

Anyone got any idea's, or anyone using the VST successfully across multiple decks? (Seen YouTube video using VST but not across 2 decks)

Cheers

Posted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 7:32 am
are u using it at the same time on 2 decks or separately just switch which deck

i have no issue with turnado VST when I switch use on decks but i am sure i have only used on 1 deck at a time....

Posted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 4:32 pm

Posted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 6:51 pm
the Pioneer rmx 1000 vst.plugin works only when you connect the Pioneer RMX 1000 Model on the Notebook/PC

greetings,Dirk

Posted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 12:12 pm
thanks Dirk...but is there a similar software vst with dedicated controller for dj's?

Posted Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 10:26 pm
First thing that comes to mind is NI Kore but that got phased out and replaced wih Maschine........

Imposcar comes to my mind, but its controller is quite expensive.

Other alternatives would be to make your own with a Hale micro, doepfer or livid instruments kit. Livid also has a modular controller.

The virus Ti is multitimbral so while you run one instance it can use more than one patch at the same time........

Posted Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 11:27 pm

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 7:18 am
wickedmix wrote :
are u using it at the same time on 2 decks or separately just switch which deck

i have no issue with turnado VST when I switch use on decks but i am sure i have only used on 1 deck at a time....

Hi Wickedmix, using it on 2 decks. Left vst on deck 1 active but no effect playing and launched 2nd instance for deck 2
This is where i encountered problems.

This is how i expect to use it.
Do you get same problems?

Note: Please can we keep this thread on topic. If you want to discuss other plugins away from pioneer rmx1000 please start a new thread

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 4:05 pm
Hi there,

I'm using 4 RMX-1000 VST's on a 6 decks layout with the stanton SCS1 system.
The trick seems to be to connect the RMX-1000 hardware only to 1 deck at the time (with Link On).
I re-mapped the midi controls of the RMX-1000 VST's (with the link off, see attachted image) on other three decks to an other controler, something like:
<map action="deck 2 effect_slider 1 28" value="0-SLIDER80"/> (Effect slider 28 is the main scene fx knob on the hardware)
So it's possible to use your RMX-1000 VST's from other controlers

Ik don't know what is going to happen if you use 2 pieces of RMX-1000 hardware. Maybe it wil crash, maybe not.
The other option is to buy an RMX-500 which comes also with a VST, if you're looking for an cheaper hardware solution

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 5:57 am
good to know....thanks

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 4:31 pm
Is it possible to trigger the VST's Linkon Button from a MIDI Mapping?
I'm djing witht he RMX-1000 but having to manually enable and disable the Link_On button.

Cheers

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 11:48 pm
MBProductionz wrote :
I'm djing witht he RMX-1000 but having to manually enable and disable the Link_On button.

Cheers

Hi I have found myself in the same situation, SX2 with RMX1000, did you find a soulution to this? Thanks!

Posted Sat 19 Mar 16 @ 12:14 am
yes,a mapping for the Linkon button would be nice.or a command that would do so when the vst is opened/selected via the Gui button?

Posted Sun 27 Mar 16 @ 2:27 am
@locodog is the mapping man to sort this me thinks, Loco??? Don't know how to alert him to this....

Posted Mon 28 Mar 16 @ 3:44 pm
He probably would need the actual effect to be able to test it though?

Posted Mon 28 Mar 16 @ 8:48 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Wotznext wrote :
MBProductionz wrote :

Cheers

Hi I have found myself in the same situation, SX2 with RMX1000, did you find a solution to this? Thanks!

run the vst thru a simple vst host (i can't remember the name of the one I use, I think it's "simple vst host")
that will give you the dial number of everything that is midi-able

Posted Tue 29 Mar 16 @ 4:56 pm
damm,I forgot to check that for ya'll...I have two host apps on my big Alien back at the house.will check,but if that button (link) recieves midi would'nt it show it via right click menu?

Posted Thu 31 Mar 16 @ 5:12 am
Okay,I used the tobybear minhost 1.64 ,,,shows all midi parameters but no Link On :(

Posted Sat 02 Apr 16 @ 11:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)