Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What are your favorite effects ? I'm curious - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

just my opinion . I feel that vdj is behind in terms of "default" effects. we need more "musical" effects like what deckadance have. honestly there is nothing musical about distortion and i never use it. So i'm curious, what everyone else is using? I'm not bashing the software I love. Just trying to find new effects i might have missed. thanks

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 4:37 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My direct answer to your question: Filter and Noise (with Drum-kit Pad Samples)

A lot of users here will agree that VDJ is a bit behind from the competition when it comes to effects.
Some folks might say it's better because it can accommodate VST Plugins (on Windows mostly, I still haven't figured out how to run my Pioneer RMX1000 on Mac).

In my experience, hardware effects are always better than the software effects.

As my mixes got better, I've use effects the less.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 3:19 pm
Hi gimmo,
beat grid!
ba ba bum ba ba bum taka taka taka boom

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 3:50 pm
Echo out, delay, beatgrid, filter...will say I pray for post fader. That way the echo and delay would work the proper way.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 10:03 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I disagree with OP, distortion I uses probably once every 1/2 hour, the FX I use most is the loop roll FX, or V7 overloop.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 9:03 pm
Audio Effects with VirtualDj 8:
Flanjet 70%
Loop Out 15% (version 8 plugin by SBDJ)
Echo 10% (native effect)
Reverb 5% (native effect)

Other/Autostart effects with VirtualDj 8:
freestyler8

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 3:56 am
In regards to the filter knob, can it be combined to do loop roll ? like on ns7ii and ser@todj ?I just saw this on an old video demo i've been able to replicate it with vdj7 using slip mode loops 1 beat - 1/2 - 1/4 - 1/16 while rotating the filter at the same time.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 12:32 pm

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 4:55 pm
krn3kiPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Is there anything new about effects? Are there any compatible ones with VDJ8 that are actually useful while making transitions?

Which VST effects are you actually using?

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 8:01 am
Effects is vdjs weak point in my opinion and I don't for see that changing anytime soon.

As for audio effects I'm glad my mixer has them built in still stuck with very few video effects which makes for a pretty boring show.

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 3:49 pm
Guys in my opinion everybody complaining about vdj when it's comes to effects, you don't need them, effects not gonna make you better dj,lot of use effect , I'm sure it's gonna make you annoying dj .
i know many dj's moved to traktor because of that ,but that's crazy
it's same as witch program you use traktor/vdj remember crowd don't care about your programs, they care about your music ,some people think the equipment make them dj's that's why they moved to traktor ,if you are dj you are dj you can use any equipment let's say the cheapest if you are the dj .
personally never use them 'i'm sure there is a lot dj's who don't use them in their set's
my advice is: focus your self more on your music collection, that's what you should worry about it !
Effect nobody cares ,crowd don't care about effect most of them will never notice of use of them .
they care about song's you playing !
and forget about effect trust me !

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 8:31 pm
krn3kiPRO InfinityMember since 2014
nicholas123, do you even listen to EDM sets? Every worldwide known DJ is using effects, basically all of them on DJMAG's TOP100. Would you tell them the same?

I'm sure attendants on marriage anniversary party won't care that much about effects, but that's not my type of crowd.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 4:19 am
krn3ki EDM DJ's not real dj's anyway ,they don't read crowd anyway ,read this article on digital dj tips what EDM DJ's are !
read this You'll learn to read crowds better http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/08/why-smart-djs-play-more-than-one-style-of-music/ yeah you can use effect on EDM parties
you will understand a bit more about Dj-ing
when i started playing 20 years ago i was playing on 2 Technics 12/10s this is what we had :2 turntables and mixer no effects etc . I'm a club /festival dj , in my experience not needed .
and many dj's i know, don't use them ,i mean the dj's who are working in the club ,not bedroom dj's
i think bedroom dj's use effect a lot in my opinion !
what i says is just my advice to other dj's they don't need to worry about that much, and don't worry !
that's not important !
go out and play ,learn your skill, that's important!

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 7:44 am
Okay,enough talk about EDM Djs....I listen and enjoy anything under the House umbrella.a EDM dj is more of a performer,and if you went to see a major recording artist you would have to settle for whatever they play up on stage...simple...and yes,I think VDJ should have some popular and dedicated effects right on the middle or a new pannel.the problem is having a new "channel" and a dedicated controller to control just the effects.I'm surprised that no manufactures have jumped on this idea.a vst multi effects software for vdj with a dedicated controller.how would that work you ask? somewhat like my NI Maschine sampler which opens as a vst plugin and the controller auto connects to it the minute you open maschine which quite surprised me when it worked.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 6:18 pm
I hate the term EDM, it smells like generic.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 6:35 pm
I wanna see someone tell Luke to not use effects in his set....

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 6:46 pm
DJRobyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I personally like a lot of them but what ever happened to "Overloop" ? would like to see overloop again...It's been too long one of my fav effects since 2004

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 12:48 am
I myself started a review of all the effects I collected from here since 2010.some folks wanted to dicredit me (thats before I sent them proof of my credentials ;) ) but I know what works 100%,what works somewhat and what does not work at all.I just finished a cleanup of my plugin folder,made a "v7 only" folder in sound effects,video effects and transitions effects and put the "non working on vdj8" plugins there,since I still have vdj7 as well.so I wont try to activate a bugger that will lock up vdj or worse...that all..oh..then did the vst's also.but I find that until a more logical control system for effects is inplemented ...well I dont use them much,

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 1:15 am
DJRoby wrote :
I personally like a lot of them but what ever happened to "Overloop" ? would like to see overloop again...It's been too long one of my fav effects since 2004

Rename the .dll and it works with V8, WARNING it doesn't play nice with the V8 beatgrid effect,
I think the loop roll FX was to take it's place but said effect changed from a sampling FX to a position FX.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 1:53 am
thetracker510 Nobody gonna tell im to not use it , but pioneer will tell im to use it ,pioneer payed to him to use it in this video . Just because of advertizing for Pioneer rmx thing and of course sell it to people like you !

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 2:09 pm
29%