Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What are your favorite effects ? I'm curious - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

krn3kiPRO InfinityMember since 2014
locodog wrote :
I've changed my mind, these press and holds are pretty cool,

slip on & loop 1 & repeat 33ms & down ? loop 99% : loop 0 & slip off

slip on & loop 0.5 & repeat 235ms & down ? key 0 ? key -1 : key -1 ? key -2 : key -2 ? key -3 : key -4 : loop 0 & key 0 & slip off

slip on & effect_active 'brakeStart' & repeat_start_instant 'rsibrakeStart' 10ms & effect_active 'brakeStart' 1 ? nothing : repeat_stop 'rsibrakeStart' & play & slip off

Could you write down how to assign them to a custom key on a keyboard? Thanks!

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 5:18 pm
just copy/paste the code "Locodog" wrote via configuration/mapper and the desired keyboard button...

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 5:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't think I follow you, you want instructions to put these on a keyboard key?

Just go into Controllers pick the keyboard mapping and paste in on one of the entries, or click the key learn box then pick a key and paste.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 5:50 pm
Well I did that, but it worked differently the first time I used it. For example the one which is mapped to key "Q": when I pressed it, it progressively looped down, but now I have to hold it for effect to last and it does nothing but enables loop (1 beat) while Q is being pressed. I'm not sure if I accidentally changed any settings?

It's the same for effect of "W": when pressed it enables 1/2 loop and lowers pitch a bit, nothing else :/

Awesome job though, really great effects (when they worked) :).

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 5:27 am
Ah ha I know why, I use filter keys (A windows setting to make keyboard keys work like HW buttons.)
Control panel > Ease of access > Make Keyboard easier to use. > Set up filter keys

After that you can switch between using normal keyboard use and filter keys by holding right shift for 8 seconds

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 5:48 am
I guess it's impossible then to use keyboard for searching and dedicated hardware buttons for effects at the same time? Even if we would use combination of keys for effects, e.g. ctrl+Q, ctrl+W, ctrl+E...?

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 7:45 am
If your focus is on search the keyboard works as a keyboard only. When it isn't in focus it will run script.

You can even have a key to force the focus

Key = ` = mapping = search
Esc escapes search

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 8:00 am
So Filter keys are always obligatory for your effects scripts to work? Because I also use keyboard for other tasks outside VDJ while mixing, so holding shift for 8 seconds isn't really a snappy solution for my case.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 3:19 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Great script locodog. Using fruit's skin smart button to assign these "slip" script, however if assigned to a smart button under Deck 2 it does not work when Deck 1 is playing. You would have to map 2 smart button one for each side. Smart buttons are precious, is there a way/script that would enable the active deck to engage even though the smart button mapped is under the other deck?
Regards, sir.

Posted Sun 12 Jul 15 @ 1:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)