Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SoundSpectrum visual plugins to Virtual DJ!? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

drew55Home user(dev lead from SoundSpectrum)Member since 2014
Hello,

I'm the senior engineer at SoundSpectrum (soundspectrum.com) and we've gotten a number of requests over the years from our users to add support for Virtual DJ. This means that all of our music visualizers would be available for Virtual DJ. Check out http://soundspectrum.com to see our stuff (our more well known visuals being G-Force, WhiteCap, and Aeon).

I've taken a preliminary look through the VDJ headers and I don't see any reason that would prevent us from supporting VDJ 7 and 8 on both OS X and Windows (our visuals support a number of players on both OS X and Windows). That said, to help with testing and QA, could an Atomix person kindly share a little about usage stats between 7 and 8? Also, if an Atomix dev or anyone for that matter wants to chat with me, feel free to find me on skype as andyomeara.

We're excited to add support and it looks like it's overdue!

Drew

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 5:36 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Great, with the recent introduction of Milkdrop and now the possibility of SoundSpectrum been added... the futures so bright I'm gonna have to wear shades!

I hope everything works out.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 6:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Andy,

I'll drop you a line.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 6:20 pm
Wow that would be amazing...........!!!!!!!!!! Milkdrop and Soundspectrum what a choice.

Now all we need is Bluff Titler and we are sorted......Lol

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 6:42 pm
drew55Home user(dev lead from SoundSpectrum)Member since 2014
I'm super excited about bringing support for VDJ and Scott has kindly made contact to facilitate things! I'll report back in hopefully a week or two on progress!

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 10:24 am
Cool very interested In this, can't wait........!

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 9:41 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Yes, Very good addition to the VDJ Mix....

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 7:14 pm
Amazing!!...the future its here!!!

Posted Sat 16 Aug 14 @ 4:53 am
How "R" we doing?

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 9:31 pm
Regarding to this post made by their moderator, it must have been done already.

http://www.soundspectrum-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=7963

But, there's no responding, so I seriously doubt about it. Someone should install G-Force and see is there a VDJ in the list of supported playets. I'm pretty sure I won't...

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 7:54 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
They are working on it; their visualisation engines now work in VDJ - I have a beta of their G-Force plugin here (the current beta for registered users contains it) - and they are working on implementing GUI access.

It's coming.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:18 am
Pure excitement. @Scott, can you share any more preliminary info about how it will work with vDJ or what is required? Will it be as simple as other plugins like Sonique? A .DLL and supporting visual files?

*Hope vDJ7 will be supported*

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:29 am
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Looks very cool and I almost purchased it, but then I read that they use on-line validation. Too bad :(

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 11:21 am
Yes, they are very restrictive in lots of things. My personal favourite is Aeon. You should catefully inform yourself about rights for public performances, looks like they're charging for every event.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 12:01 pm
now why u have to implement such notions with these comments?...for one thing they need to make it a free plugin for us because we allready have people collaborating by adding free plugings which gives them exposure.besides its not that big of a deal imao..

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 2:23 pm
No, dude... Don't get me wrong, I like these visuals just like you, struggling with those ancient freeframe versions for years, adding presets from newer versions, etc. But, I've visited their site and forums and I've seen the 30 bucks price and this plugin available for professional version... And link to it... I'll keep my mouth shut till these guys open their cards...

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 3:41 pm
so whats going on with this? or should I say "Bump"...and what about their Aeon viz?

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 12:58 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
*Bumping some more * ;-)

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 3:12 pm
Thats would be great..
I hope that Feature come soon :-)

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 5:35 am
drew55 wrote :
I'm super excited about bringing support for VDJ and Scott has kindly made contact to facilitate things! I'll report back in hopefully a week or two on progress!

Okay,its been way more than two weeks imao....so the facts...according to their info ... they expect you to pay for the platinum license first .Okay,I got my $30 ready....no wait!...G-Force =$35,Aeon =$24 more,whitecap =$24,white wonders =$14.95 more,then you can get a beta plugin (is it? or just basic installment?) okay ,so its anywhere between $30 to $95 (what is this? life insurance? ) fine...( no wait! something like Plane 9 would be better,all in one visuals) but will there be conflicts with mildrop? and what about cpu usage? only time will tell...and that's one thing you can count on... the time taken...

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 4:56 pm
36%