Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SZ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 2:17 am
fina-phuckn-ly...

the one thing that made me think they missed the mark was that they said the CDJ-2000 was a supplemental controller to this.. Pioneer should really make deck only controllers to add on to this setup. But other than that.. this is everything that everyone has been waiting for. I can't see any other controller touching this in regards to making this the standard for the foreseeable future.

If I had a spare $1500US it would be mine.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 2:31 am
Good thing i didn't the sx but this has something the ns7 mk2 didn't, dual usb ports.

Suggested price 1999$ Although from where i live it would be $2300CAD. Damn 15% taxes.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 2:44 am
it says $1500 on the pioneer website.. I would be thinking that would translate to $3000AUS

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 2:52 am
Serato DJ again.......

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 4:36 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
kradcliffe wrote :
Serato DJ again.......

Yes NI wants to make their own controllers. Mixvibes don't bundle with many controllers. Others are to small or not of interest to Pioneer
And ooo VDJ is taking to long to deliver.

But thankfully the other DJ software can use any controller. So Serato DJ gives us nice controllers that everyone can use with any software but they can't use all the toy we have

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 6:01 am
I bought the DDJ-SX for it's options and performance and because I knew that the VDJ community is powerfull enough to make mappers for all the controllers and most of the time the VDJ crew isn't sitting still either.

I was right! Very soon a mapper showed up ( I believe from user Phantom?) and short after that, the official support was there! So I really want to buy the SZ because of it's extended features I'm missing now on the SX.

I don't use Serato, because I like VDJ the best. And sometimes I do video mixing and that is an optional module with Serato (cost you $$$) and sometimes I use the Firetext plugin and this is also only integrated in VDJ (and for FREE!!)

I hope that this VDj community (and VDJ itself) gonna make this Serato controller a bad ass VDJ controller ! :)

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 6:31 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Well, guess, its time to sell my DDJ-SX.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 8:13 am
After closer look, I am thinking Pioneer may have just made an acceptable club standard controller.

Standard Pioneer layout that club DJs are used to
XLR Outs and Balanced Booth out
Pioneer Label
Serato Integration
Having a dual USBs to be able to transition multiple DJs if need be.
Being able to leverage the existing DJM/CDJ reputation for its marketing towards club installs.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 8:25 am
Ah, if only it could actually play stuff back without needing to be connected to a computer...

Give it an internal HDD and displays. Failing that, a USB socket for a flash drive or HDD, even SD card slots like the CDJs.

For this much cash (or less) you can buy a complete standalone playback system, with controller capability too.

It is mouth watering though. I hope Denon are paying attention.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 8:44 am
Yeah, would be nice to have a USB playback at the least and of course a screen.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 9:15 am
Now all they need is a version with those spinning platters and I'd just throw my money at them....... But Yes very, very tempting.......

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 9:20 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
AGI ProDJ has it for pre order @ $1900

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 2:51 pm
I don't think Pioneer will ever do spinning platters. They've got their thing, Denon have theirs.

Well OK Stanton and Numark have done it too now (even Technics) but Pioneer like to say they're "industry standard", and that's with the manual platters. Pio fans would probably be outraged if they did it!

Oh, and imagine the cost. Pio stuff is already way up there. If they put motors in........

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 3:01 pm
Wow, and IEC connection for power!

Would buy one but I just did £2100 in on 2 new mixers about a month ago :(

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 3:52 pm
The DDJ SZ is Two CDJ 2000 nexus Decks With a DJM 900 Mixer and a Feature From The Rane 62 Mixer all in One. Plus, The Jogs wheels are slightly smaller than the Denon 3700s. The SZ is Bigger than The SX and slightly heavier. When it comes to Controllers, If I can have that Club equipment feel, Im sold. Looks like I will be buying one.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 7:01 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Caliente123 wrote :
The DDJ SZ is Two CDJ 2000 nexus Decks With a DJM 900 Mixer and a Feature From The Rane 62 Mixer all in One. Plus, The Jogs wheels are slightly smaller than the Denon 3700s. The SZ is Bigger than The SX and slightly heavier. When it comes to Controllers, If I can have that Club equipment feel, Im sold. Looks like I will be buying one.

'Totally agree...

We can even add the SP1 to your list above (which is my current set up - only with SL4).

But I am definitely sold too.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 7:45 pm
This controller is Big, Its Not compact. Were talking about a Full sized Club setup that's very light compared to 3 separate pieces ( 2 Decks & Mixer). 34 inches wide, 16.5 inches in Diameter and height is 3.8.

Now That we seen the DDJ SZ, I wonder what Numark has next. Could it be true about a New NS6 V2 ?

Posted Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 12:15 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
groovindj wrote :
Ah, if only it could actually play stuff back without needing to be connected to a computer...

Give it an internal HDD and displays. Failing that, a USB socket for a flash drive or HDD, even SD card slots like the CDJs.

For this much cash (or less) you can buy a complete standalone playback system, with controller capability too.

It is mouth watering though. I hope Denon are paying attention.

Maybe that's a feature they will come up with in their next controller editions.
The DDJ SZ will be the last and final one in the DDJ S- series.

Maybe the next one is a DDJ VX? V for VirtualDJ and full integrated and built for V 8 ? With HDD and SD card slot.
Integrated effect device like a RMX 1000, displays and (as an turn on/off option) spinning platters. That'll be hell of a controller.
No?
Ok... just dreaming...

Posted Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 4:40 am
PachN wrote :
Maybe the next one is a DDJ VX? V for VirtualDJ and full integrated and built for V 8 ? With HDD and SD card slot.
Integrated effect device like a RMX 1000, displays and (as an turn on/off option) spinning platters. That'll be hell of a controller.
No?
Ok... just dreaming...

Except the spinning platters.. Great master plan! I would say: Pioneer start building it !! Even if it costs me twice the price of the SZ !!

Posted Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 4:56 am
21%