Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SZ - Page: 5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I feel far more comfortable with my own gear. The SX and SZ are too big for most of the regular gigs I do. That's why I love the MC6000, it's compact but fully featured, sounds great and the mic inputs are excellent. I have it custom mapped with VDJ and it really is an extension of me. I seriously believe I do a far better gig using my own setup.

One of my mates has the SX. He uses it for DJ kudos and to show off rather than for its technical ability.

Posted Sat 08 Feb 14 @ 1:17 am
I actually may be getting another new club, and it has 2 CDJ 1000, and 900 mixer. I will cover them up, and bring in my MC 6000. The place is a pig pen. Most DJs, let me rephrase that. Most wanna be DJs, do not take care of stuff, that is not their own. There is no way I don't bring my own controller, and a back up. If I get the gig, which I am not sure I want, I will take a picture of the mess, before I clean it up. Don't know if I want to work 5 nights a week anymore. That unit would fit in this club.

Posted Sat 08 Feb 14 @ 3:33 am
AM I CRAZY ??????

My dilemma regarding the DDJ-SZ is I don't want to sell or get rid of my DDJ-SX. I love so much that I want both but I can't afford both and it is ridicules to have both isn't it? I don't remember having this level of attachment to any gear. I always by the new one and sell the old one. I can't justify having both the SX and the SZ.

Should I just jump in and own both or should I just stick with the SX?
Anyone else out there without disposable cash looking at owning both units?

Posted Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 10:13 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you like the SX so much (so do I ;) ) I'd recommend to stay with the SX.
At least for another year.
Maybe the SZ becomes cheaper in the meantime or the firmware gets updated and bugs get fixed.
And I believe there will be bugs.
Maybe first reviewes will change your mind too or you are just not that excited anymore...

For me there are plenty of reasons not to buy one right now.

Posted Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 10:20 am
PachN wrote :
If you like the SX so much (so do I ;) ) I'd recommend to stay with the SX.
At least for another year.
Maybe the SZ becomes cheaper in the meantime or the firmware gets updated and bugs get fixed.
And I believe there will be bugs.
Maybe first reviewes will change your mind too or you are just not that excited anymore...

For me there are plenty of reasons not to buy one right now.

I have a hard time believing that these units will become much cheaper as time goes on. They probably will be a x amount produced. Pioneer seems to hold their value pretty good even with used units on places like e bay and the such.

they may drop 100-200 bucks maybe as the pre order is probably at premium pricing... I am Honestly not sure..

It just seems interesting to me that there has been a bunch of used SX's dropping all over on ebay and the such recently. ;)

Posted Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 3:54 pm
drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
does this have split cue system like numark controllers?

Posted Mon 24 Mar 14 @ 12:27 pm
MalgusPRO InfinityMember since 2013
so will this be VDJ Compatible?

Posted Sat 12 Apr 14 @ 4:27 pm

Posted Sat 12 Apr 14 @ 4:59 pm
All the hoopla started in January, and now in April, there's been a recall on this unit. I know some have this unit, but most are glad they did not rush out to buy it. I'm sure Pioneer will eventually fix the problems, and this will be a great controller.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 2:37 pm
I was thinking about buying the SZ but, I will wait for the DJ expo. I want to test it first and then decide if I should get it. According to some people, They say it doesn't feel right. The effects are not setup the same as the DJM mixer, The fader curve could be better and the Jogs have some issue.

Posted Mon 14 Apr 14 @ 12:22 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
All the hoopla started in January, and now in April, there's been a recall on this unit. I know some have this unit, but most are glad they did not rush out to buy it. I'm sure Pioneer will eventually fix the problems, and this will be a great controller.

Pioneer told me that the DDJ-SZ problems will be fixed in the mkII model..

i am kidding they didn't tell me anything. well i guess i am glad i canceled my order but i don't see a recall anywhere for them just a firmware update that didn't fix the qualms.

Posted Mon 14 Apr 14 @ 7:37 am
djmike001 wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :

Pioneer told me that the DDJ-SZ problems will be fixed in the mkII model..

i am kidding they didn't tell me anything. well i guess i am glad i canceled my order but i don't see a recall anywhere for them just a firmware update that didn't fix the qualms.

What????? Bro, you gotta keep up. HERE

Posted Mon 14 Apr 14 @ 1:50 pm
Ok not sure if i'm over looking this info or date but Ive been with VDJ for yrs now...I have Serato but i guess I'm one that favors VDJ

so I was using my DDJ-SX with Serato till I seen the ability to use VDJ fully and effective was available of course

I added the DDJ-SZ some months ago when it dropped and still looking for the data and info to migrating VDJ heavy with it as the SX.

Ive downloaded the VDJ8 because I was told that was needed but I haven't seen any interfaces beside the 1 VDJ8 basic one. Ive seen no mapping data etc etc

the programmers or engineers that normally by now would have slid these add-ons for download for VDJ to work more fully with the DDJ-SZ have they stop or not planning to bridge VDJ heavy with the DDJ-SZ.

any feedback or leads would be appreciated..thanks in advance

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 11:51 am
Have you seen this.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 2:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)