Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Challenge: Can someone make me custom 4 deck 3-1-2-4 skin? - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Alright...Now that I've realized that I was having a user error moment...I figured it out, well after reading your post again I finally realized I wasn't RIGHTCLICKING!!!!...Thanks again

Posted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 2:58 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djdad wrote :

5 star 4 Deck skin not to much for the eye and the deck are all the same to work with/& the gain move to match the gain on the other decks when need it.( when I right click on the gain )
keep working on that font side/

Posted Fri 08 Mar 13 @ 4:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Version 1.1 is available

- Added Sllp Mode and Loop Roll buttons

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:56 pm
i love the skin man but the plates that says VIRUTAL DJ that have the black background are not fitting in.. should of keep it regular man other than that i love this skin too bad i cant download it :( this would of perfectly sit to my need :)

Posted Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 8:02 am
the different colors on the jogwheels indicate which deck is LEFT or RIGHT (rightclick selection on the 1,2,3,4 select button near the jgwheels)

Since i decided to give different colors on the jogwheels, the Red background of the VDJ logo did not fit well. Its all a matter of taste after all :)

Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 6:19 am
I am about to create a True 4 Deck version with no Left-Right logic, in a horizontal layout. Useful for those you have 4 real decks in their setup

I will need your precious opinion :) ... A, B or maybe something different ?

Actually the difference between the 2 different deck layouts is the HotCue layout (horizontal vs vertical) Some units have one or the other. I prefer the horizontal layout as this helps much better with the layout that the hotcues have on the songposition, but still lot of units (CDJs mainly) have the Hotcues on vertical layout).
Thoughts ?

Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 6:22 am
or maybe C ?

or even D ?

speak now or forever hold your peace ..lol

Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 6:40 am
djdad wrote :
I am about to create a True 4 Deck version with no Left-Right logic, in a horizontal layout. Useful for those you have 4 real decks in their setup

I will need your precious opinion :) ... A, B or maybe something different ?

Actually the difference between the 2 different deck layouts is the HotCue layout (horizontal vs vertical) Some units have one or the other. I prefer the horizontal layout as this helps much better with the layout that the hotcues have on the songposition, but still lot of units (CDJs mainly) have the Hotcues on vertical layout).
Thoughts ?

It look like some DJM 800 with four cdj 2000 =)
i hote it wiil have full size resolution.
wainting for the final version (y)

Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 2:35 pm
djkeef_973 wrote :
i hote it wiil have full size resolution.
wainting for the final version (y)

well, if you dont vote, you wont get anything :P

Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 2:50 pm
vote ?

Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 2:51 pm
@DJDad,
very difficult to vote.
ImO D has the finest layout and structure, and with this layout you have more space for the Cue-Infos.

Greets

Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 6:58 pm
I prefer the C but without need to show

the hot cues time position (my opinion) use this place for

more hot cue or Fx or tempory loops as slip mode.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 9:44 pm
Final call...

Filter moved to Mixer.
Key vs Sample small panels
FX with 3 sliders (will display slider names as well)
Smart Play
S (Slip mode) button

Posted Thu 04 Apr 13 @ 9:08 pm
djdad wrote :
the different colors on the jogwheels indicate which deck is LEFT or RIGHT (rightclick selection on the 1,2,3,4 select button near the jgwheels)

Since i decided to give different colors on the jogwheels, the Red background of the VDJ logo did not fit well. Its all a matter of taste after all :)

can it be downloaded ? damn i would love to talk to you about this topick i tried to do some skin work but im not that much talented great work dude :) really loving it :)

ok got it found its on the second page for the newcomers :D thanks dude for making it available
for everybody :)

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 12:16 pm
maki,
Thats a different skin project. The one you found has different layout. The one you see above (with Vertical layout) will be ready in a few days.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 1:55 pm
There will be 2 versions. One with 1-2-3-4 and another with 3-1-2-4 deck order

Each deck has 3 different Views

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 8:37 pm
What resolutions will this skin be at? I'm kinda liking this. Seems more natural for a 4 deck skin. I'm running 1600x900.

One idea...

Any chance we can have a "deck zoom" capability? As with any multideck skin, getting all this info on the screen means reducing the font and image sizes.

Maybe overlay the deck 1/2 panels for a left zoom and 3/4 for a right zoom. Plus the ability to zoom all deck panels...

Just asking ;-)

Just thinking about how I use VDJ, I tend to stand a good 2ft away from the lappy (I have a 6ft deck stand) and tend to glance at the software to load a track or select an effect. Being able to zoom a deck (via mapped keys/buttons) would be an advantage with such a detailed skin.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 2:49 am
djdad wrote :
maki,
Thats a different skin project. The one you found has different layout. The one you see above (with Vertical layout) will be ready in a few days.

yes djdad i know i was talking about the older skin :) im loving it and thanks for making it available for everybody :) ok no more of topick lets get back to the real deal :D of the new skin hehe

Posted Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 6:49 am
arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
djdad wrote :
Hmm, doesnt look bad at all :)

Great skin! I have one question.The sample knob on my Reloop TM4 controller can adjust the sample volume of any sample button pressed on the TM4 when the sample bar on the bottom screen is not present. When the sample bar is present I can only adjust the volume with the TM4 when I click on the number button in the software to the left of the sample playing. Is there something I can change in my mapping to have the volume knob to automatically control the sample volume without having to click on the number button first with my mouse? (see screenshot).

Thanks

Posted Thu 30 May 13 @ 11:08 pm
The TRACK knob (encoder) of the TM4 offers that. You can select the Sample, only if Sample is not playing (with SHIFT+TRACK when the SAMPLER page is displayed)

If you map the TRACK knob as ..
page "sampler" ? var '$shift' ? sampler volume : sampler select : page "effects" ? show_pluginpage "Sound Effects" ? var '$shift' ? deck active effect slider 1 : deck active effect active ? deck active effect slider 1 : deck active effect select : show_pluginpage "Video Effects" ? var '$shift' ? video_fx_slider 1 : video_fx ? video_fx_slider 1 : video_fx_select : show_pluginpage "Video Transitions" ? var '$shift' ? video_transition_slider 1 : video_transition ? video_transition_slider 1 : video_transition_select : nothing : page "record" ? nothing : var '$shift' ? browser_window "folders" ? browser_scroll : browser_window "folders" on & browser_scroll : browser_scroll

then you will be able to select the Sample even if the Sample is playing.

Alternatively, you can map the LOOP MOVE encoder as ...
var 'shift' ? sampler default select : param_greater 0 ? loop_move +100% : loop_move -100%
or
var 'shift' ? param_greater 0 ? sampler default select +1 : sampler default select +1 : param_greater 0 ? loop_move +100% : loop_move -100%
to select the Sample with SHIFt +LOOP MOVE

PS. Please use the Software Forums of you wish assistance with vdj script actions and mappings. Your request is more or less irrelevant to the skin itself.

Posted Fri 31 May 13 @ 1:29 am
65%