Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
HACKID wrote :
does it will never work so fine like this video in VirtualDj ?

Ciao Hackid,

It could run like that in MIDI mode, they just need to implement our platter Bend code coming off the player.
Its a little tricky, but I've seen it done.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 3:25 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I went ahead and purchased 1 Denon DNS 3700 Yesterday following the setup instructions
and I have having the following problem

VDJ 6.04
MAYA 44 USB SouldCard (I need to be able to go back and forth from CD Mode)
1.83 Core2Duo
2 Gigs Ram
Vista 32Bit

It sometimes take forever for VDJ to scan the Device, it may work the first time but it does not work if I put the device in CD Mode then back. even a rescan fails I end up having to reboot the device several times.

If this is common thing please let me know
If not I will return the device for another one.
Thanks,

Posted Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 5:49 pm
Can I get some assistance in how to also map in my mixer? I followed the instructions and the two 3700's work relatively well but when i try and use my mixer it seems to not function... Both decks come through channel 1 and I cannot otherwise control any functions of VDJ with the mixer.

The mixer is an x1700. I've noticed a few people here have asked for help with this set-up (x1700/s3700/VDJ). Denon DJ reccomeneded that I inquire here on how to map it so that the mixer is also working in VDJ. Can you guys help? If not do you know where I would find this info?

Posted Sat 05 Dec 09 @ 1:04 am
haz0rd wrote :
I went ahead and purchased 1 Denon DNS 3700 Yesterday following the setup instructions
and I have having the following problem

VDJ 6.04
MAYA 44 USB SouldCard (I need to be able to go back and forth from CD Mode)
1.83 Core2Duo
2 Gigs Ram
Vista 32Bit

It sometimes take forever for VDJ to scan the Device, it may work the first time but it does not work if I put the device in CD Mode then back. even a rescan fails I end up having to reboot the device several times.

If this is common thing please let me know
If not I will return the device for another one.
Thanks,

Ok this problem here seems to be the works of VISTA, it works every time on my XP Machine.
here's my work arround.

rescan_controllers, while the device is disconnected this will remove it from the list
reboot the 3700
Go into PC Mode
Recan_controllers.

Repeat process if it fails.

Also running 6.04 and modifying the Jog wheel Sensitivity
the Controller works great!!

I have a gig on tuesday... lets see how it does in public,

Thanks,
DJ SMG!

Posted Sat 05 Dec 09 @ 9:16 pm
I have another question when you connect 2 DNS 3700s do you connect them Both VIA USB or do you connect the second device
via RJ45 ?

Posted Sat 05 Dec 09 @ 10:58 pm
haz0rd wrote :
I have another question when you connect 2 DNS 3700s do you connect them Both VIA USB or do you connect the second device
via RJ45 ?

Both via USB
D-Link is not used in MIDI mode.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 12:15 am
haz0rd wrote :
Ok this problem here seems to be the works of VISTA, it works every time on my XP Machine

With Vista, you must set your "Jog Trans" setting (inside the S3700 preset mode) to 10ms or higher.
This is also mentioned on page 1

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 12:17 am

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 8:04 am
Denon DJ wrote :
haz0rd wrote :
via RJ45 ?

Both via USB
D-Link is not used in MIDI mode.

k cool, I am happy enough to buy another deck now... hahaha

thanks for all your help.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 8:06 am
Denon DJ wrote :
haz0rd wrote :
Ok this problem here seems to be the works of VISTA, it works every time on my XP Machine

With Vista, you must set your "Jog Trans" setting (inside the S3700 preset mode) to 10ms or higher.
This is also mentioned on page 1

I put that fix in to cure the platter latency and that would only happen sometimes.
but in vista it does not regcognize the device sometimes.

here an example

I boot up the computer
all devices connected, the HID Device shows up in Device manager
I open virtual DJ and I Scan for device. finds nothing

I would have to reboot the 3700 and it works
sometimes I have to reboot it twice.

I may just have to try windows 7 or downgrade to XP.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 8:07 am
Are you sure you are putting it in MIDI mode before you open VirtualDJ and after the system is completely booted?

So the process of startup should be ...

1. Turn on PC and power on the 3700(s)
2. Once at the desktop and system settled ... change 3700(s) to MIDI mode
3. Once the device(s) register 'Connected' on their displays then launch VirtualDJ

These steps can be done too quickly and create the unpleasant results that you are experiencing.

* And the 3700s are a MIDI device not a HID device.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 8:24 am
powerstation wrote :
Denon DJ wrote :
powerstation wrote :
I have tried everything.

I setup the energy saving off, i format my laptop and install windows again. still same problem, losing midi control of one of the denon 3700 and CPU 100%. When i wanna close virtualdj it freeze and when it is away it is still in my process of task manager. I have 2 laptops = same problem. And when i whant to end the proces on my taskmanager it doesn't work
i have the latest firmware of the denon 3700 so i don\'t know what the problem is.

You should list your computer specs for the team here.
Are you using a USB HUB to connect both players? (if so, that could be a problem), or each player has its own USB port?

Intel dual cpu T2330 @ 1.6GHz
3070mb ram
windows vista 32 bit

i don't use a hub

I still waiting,! Can anyone help me becourse i really need this to work. I am now playing with serato for the moment but i want VDJ back running on my 3700 denon cd players!!!

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 9:46 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Though I understand why people are still using Vista ... I would highly recommend downgrading to XP if you have the ability to do so. And I have seen comments from others that have moved to Windows 7 gaining back some performance - but I personally can't confirm it.

If you really want to read some DEEP technical points of view from some audio professionals about Vista and it's MIDI support - here is a good article -- http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul07/articles/pcmusician_0707.htm * But it does get a bit deep *

Here are a couple statements from the article .. but read the whole article for complete context of the topic ...

One audio interface manufacturer is already complaining that Vista drivers have tighter requirements than those of Windows XP, which makes occasional drop-outs and distortion or long-term timing drifts a possibility, and that this is causing delays in getting drivers released. Have you had such problems?

Matthias: "No. We noticed (like most others) that Vista's performance at this time is worse than XP, even without all the Aero stuff (so this is not a driver fault). Also, PCIe has tighter restrictions, which have nothing to do with Vista. Microsoft changed a lot of things 'under the hood' and now seem to need some time to get them running smoothly again."

David: "We have noticed much poorer performance with Vista. CPU usage is up, meaning less CPU for plug-ins, or that latency must be increased to maintain the same number of plug-ins. PCI bus performance seems to be lower. The nice thing is that ASIO still works as it should with Vista since it bypasses everything 'Microsoft'."

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 12:02 pm
I Have Windows 7 And I just Got a 1 Denon S3700 And Am Using The Djio As My Soundcard Everything Works Perfect But I Notice A Latency When I Scratch Can Some One Help Or Let Me No What Are The Ajustments For Window 7 Or The Denon S3700
Here Are My Specs On My PC

Intel Duo Core T6600
4gig Memory
500 gig Harddrive

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 9:41 pm
So using the "simple midi wrapper" under the "mapper" function in the options I have been able to map some of the x1700's features.

It is actually quite user friendly. You click on "new" then hit a little button that allows you to click on anyfeature of the VDJ window it then brings the mapper window back up, you move the button on your mixer and it maps it. Peachy! If any one needs more info on this basic aspect of mixing Id be happy to help.

Except... the following things i cannot seem to fix

1) crossfader. on the one side it opens up sound to both decks (s3700), the other side of the crossfader shuts sound off completely. Even though it shows the songs on the decks they both are being routed to the sound channel one. Why?

2)crossfader mapping: the other problem with this is that when I move my crossfader left it moves right in VDJ. Help!

3) Upfaders. Even though I midi map the upfaders on the mixer to the coressponding ones on the decks, when I leave mapping, both mixer upfaders will only affect the same upfader in VDJ. It is the upfader for the active deck. Thoughts?

If anyone has succefully mapped a midi mixer to this program I would be so stoked if you could provide some insight on this.

Thanks cats,

DA

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 12:36 am
dustinash wrote :
crossfader mapping: the other problem with this is that when I move my crossfader left it moves right in VDJ.!

Change the mapping to:

param_invert & crossfader

Or for video crossfader only:

param_invert & video_crossfader

dustinash wrote :
3) Upfaders.

Add deck 1 or deck 2 in front as appropriate, e.g:

deck 1 volume

NOTE: With an external mixer, there is no need to map volume sliders, EQ's, gains, etc. You should use the external mixer sound config option to route both decks separately to two channels on the mixer, then manipulate them with the hardware controls just as you would with traditional CD's and vinyl. If you map up the crossfader and/or volume sliders, you will not be able to headphone pre-listen from the mixer (Because VDJ will no-longer ouptut sound for the non-live channel.) The only control you will usually need to map is the crossfader for video crossfading.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 12:37 pm
Support staff wrote :
Are you sure you are putting it in MIDI mode before you open VirtualDJ and after the system is completely booted?

So the process of startup should be ...

1. Turn on PC and power on the 3700(s)
2. Once at the desktop and system settled ... change 3700(s) to MIDI mode
3. Once the device(s) register 'Connected' on their displays then launch VirtualDJ

These steps can be done too quickly and create the unpleasant results that you are experiencing.

* And the 3700s are a MIDI device not a HID device.

Its a Faster Midi Correct??
Why does it register a HID device in Device Manager?
Also which is Faster/Better HID or the new "Hyper" Midi ??

If I follow the steps exactly it will work but here's my problem you cannot go to CD Mode while using the players
once in controller mode it works great.

So I have CDs I want to play, I switch to CD Mode, I will then be unable to switch back with out
Rebooting the Denon,

I shrunk my vista partition and installed XP(Dual Boot), so far this is working great. I can switch back and forth without and issue
I mapped rescan_controllers to crlt+r.

Here's my proceedure in XP

Go to CD Mode
Rescan
Play CD
Go to MIDI Mode
Rescan

Works every time.

Bye By Vista!

BTW Vista SP3 has native support for SATA which was my problem in the past. which is why I did not downgrade before.

Thanks,
DJ SMG!

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 2:28 pm
HACKIDPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Quote :
So I have CDs I want to play, I switch to CD Mode, I will then be unable to switch back with out
Rebooting the Denon

Sorry but this problem have not a solution....

Posted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 4:02 am
I need help configuring my Denon DN-X1700 Sound card with Virtual DJ.

I'm able to get midi to work fine on the DN-X1700 but I cannot figure out how to get the mixers sound card configured with VDJ. I get denon asio driver error message. Has anybody been able to successfully use DN-X1700 internal sound card with VDJ?

Posted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 1:56 pm
I have not tried to run vdj with x1700 sorry.

So I tried using the x1700 as just an external mixer and not mapping it and it works great!

Only one issue. My decks show up on the opposite sides in the program. On my x1700 mixer everything is great though... I tried flipping them in the setup section (where you select drivers/external mixer/etc) and it did nothing. I also tried assigning them in there. no dice.

Anyone have the slightest clue what could be causing this? its baffling me

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 1:19 am
11%