Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 45

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JuskiPRO SubscriberMember since 2016
I dunno if this has been covered before, but...

I bought an MC6000 MK1 at the end of last year. I'd heard there were issues with the mic inputs distorting & didn't experience it until New Year's Eve... Anyway I found an easy solution.

VDJ on the MC6000mk1 - the music output is what I'd call very 'hot'. With the MC6000 master half way (12 o clock) & VDJ on its default (max) master output setting I couldn't get a fader more than about half way up without hitting 0dB on the Denon's outputs.

So what I tried was - before starting the gig, don't play any music in VDJ yet. Set the Denon master to 12 o clock, then adjust the mic gain (s) to get a nice signal. THEN adjust VDJ's output volume to match the mic (more or less). Success! As it turns out the VDJ master output control needs to be turned down to about half for a good mic/music gain match. Go figure eh :)

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 8:53 pm
Easiest way to solve the hot mic issue is to get an in-line attenuator to lower the input by 10db. Works a treat with the MC6000

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 9:23 pm
Easiest way to solve the hot mic issue is to get an in-line attenuator to lower the input by 10db. Works a treat with the MC6000

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 9:25 pm

Yeah, but you only need to do it once :-)

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 9:38 pm
Image loading still not working. When you try to upload an image it's repeatedly posting.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 9:49 pm
I find turning theVDJ master down to half is easier than plugging in a massive great big attenuator :) I don't like riding the gain on the faders.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 8:53 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Juski wrote :
riding the gain on the faders.

Can you please explain what it means to "riding the gain on the faders" thx.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 12:24 pm
It means I like my faders full on when I'm playing out. The music output gets turned down by the master output volume control.

Channel faders as output level controls don't really work in a DJing context IMHO

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 1:44 pm
Juski wrote :
It means I like my faders full on when I'm playing out. The music output gets turned down by the master output volume control.

Channel faders as output level controls don't really work in a DJing context IMHO

Completely agree. I have my channel faders on my controller full. I then set the desired maximum volume on my mixing desk. I might use the fader on the controller to bring down the channel when speaking on the mic, but that's it. Volume is controlled on mixing desk. Controller faders are too sensitive, easy to knock and tricky to get right.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 2:00 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
@Juski, Andy thank you.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 2:42 pm
Actually, riding the gain doesn't mean having your faders fully open.

You can Google the term and get lots of results, but basically it means adjusting the fader up or down when the track gets softer or louder - in other words, keeping the level constant as the track varies in volume.

These days though, so much music comes out of the studio compressed to death, with little or no dynamic range (difference between loud and soft) so it's not necessary to do it on modern tracks.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 5:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)