Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi team,
I have a post in the general thread, but I think this Forum might be of better help, so MODS, sorry if I appear to double post...And if I need to move this to its own thread, just let me know and I'll make that happen.
I bought a DN-HC4500 and am having somethng weird happen. First my specs:

HPdv7-1240us
2.1 GHz Dual Core
4 Gig RAM
Vista 64 bit

VDJ 6.0.4

Denon DN-HC 4500 firmware vers 1006

O.K. First, I just upgraded to 6.0.4 from 6.0.1 (I didn't like how my TotalControl reacted to the newer versions after 6.0.1) - So VDJ can recognize the 4500. Now, the problem is, my videos (located on an external HD) will load faster than my Audio files, which are located on my internal. This could be a problem if, say I get a last minute request/change of song, because the song will play faster than it is loading, leading to choppy playback or dead air. This wasn't a problem with 6.0.1, and it runs fine with the 4500 NOT connected.

Any ideas as to why that is? Is it an ASIO setting? How about other 4500 users running Vista with 6.0.4 - are you having similar experiences? So far this controller is amazing and if I can remedy this situation, that would be great. Thanks for your help

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 7:49 am
Download the vdj registry tool and enable speed load. See if that cures it.

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 10:18 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HACKID wrote :
Quote :
So I have CDs I want to play, I switch to CD Mode, I will then be unable to switch back with out
Rebooting the Denon

Sorry but this problem have not a solution....

I resolved this issue by using XP

Note: The denon still reboots by itself
but my issue was I had to actually hit the power switch off/on
then go back to midi mode to get Vista To Recognize

Other Tips:

1) Use a Skin that fits your screen, stretching causes problems but this may already be common knowledge
2) If your NOT using the Denon SoundCard, go into the Windows sound setup and tell windows "Do Not Map to Device" it will conserve USB Bandwidth
3) Use a DPC Latency checker and disable all problem devices
4) Map rescan_controllers to a KeyBoard Map if your gonna go back and forth between modes
5) Map Smart Scratch to a KeyBoard Key, the Denon 3700 seems to not putthis back from that mode sometimes (yes even with the switch clicked )

Cool Tricks of the day:

A) Map LED_LEFT_OF_LCD and RIGHT_OF_LCD to get beat

This will blink the strobes next to the LCD to the Beat.

B) Remap Dump(I don't use it) to Clone Deck
helps out if you like Chopping and Screwing..

I will post a video as soon as I get my next deck.

Thanks,

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 5:15 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
dj e-rock wrote :
Hi team,
I have a post in the general thread, but I think this Forum might be of better help, so MODS, sorry if I appear to double post...And if I need to move this to its own thread, just let me know and I'll make that happen.
I bought a DN-HC4500 and am having somethng weird happen. First my specs:

HPdv7-1240us
2.1 GHz Dual Core
4 Gig RAM
Vista 64 bit

VDJ 6.0.4

Denon DN-HC 4500 firmware vers 1006

O.K. First, I just upgraded to 6.0.4 from 6.0.1 (I didn't like how my TotalControl reacted to the newer versions after 6.0.1) - So VDJ can recognize the 4500. Now, the problem is, my videos (located on an external HD) will load faster than my Audio files, which are located on my internal. This could be a problem if, say I get a last minute request/change of song, because the song will play faster than it is loading, leading to choppy playback or dead air. This wasn't a problem with 6.0.1, and it runs fine with the 4500 NOT connected.

Any ideas as to why that is? Is it an ASIO setting? How about other 4500 users running Vista with 6.0.4 - are you having similar experiences? So far this controller is amazing and if I can remedy this situation, that would be great. Thanks for your help

Are you using Denon ASIO driver v101?
If not, get it here:
http://denondjforums.com/forum/index.php?f=31&t=11486&sid=4444a62c01a1272e46e8642a665938c3&rb_v=viewtopic

(you should not be using ASIO 2.00)

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 5:27 pm
Denon DJ wrote :

Are you using Denon ASIO driver v101?
If not, get it here:
http://denondjforums.com/forum/index.php?f=31&t=11486&sid=4444a62c01a1272e46e8642a665938c3&rb_v=viewtopic

(you should not be using ASIO 2.00)

Thank you for the link.

Also, thanks to kradcliffe for the recommendation to use the registry tool.

I did that and it seems to run fine now. My ASIO version is 100, and I think the problem is solved. I'm going to run live with it tonight to super-test it. I'll install v101 this weekend, as to have time to battle test before going live. THANKS AGAIN!

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 6:26 pm
No problem, hope it works out. Let us know how you get on.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 2:00 am
Sorry to repost this but if anyone had this same problem and knows the fix that would be awesome, or if your not having this prob that would be good to know too:

Essentially, the decks show up on the opposite sides in the program. So the deck that is on my physical right side shows up as the deck on the left side of the screen. On my x1700 mixer everything is great though... I tried flipping them in the setup section (where you select drivers/external mixer/etc) and it did nothing. I also tried reassinging the soundcards in there. no dice.

Anyone have the slightest clue what could be causing this? its baffling me

Many thanks.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 3:47 am
dustinash wrote :
Sorry to repost this but if anyone had this same problem and knows the fix that would be awesome, or if your not having this prob that would be good to know too:

Essentially, the decks show up on the opposite sides in the program. So the deck that is on my physical right side shows up as the deck on the left side of the screen. On my x1700 mixer everything is great though... I tried flipping them in the setup section (where you select drivers/external mixer/etc) and it did nothing. I also tried reassinging the soundcards in there. no dice.

Anyone have the slightest clue what could be causing this? its baffling me

Many thanks.

By default swapping decks is assigned to the eject button (6.03 and above 6.01 used to have smart_play as the default)
So if your decks come up controlling the wrong sides (i.e. left controlling Deck 2 and Right Controlling 1)
just press the eject button.

The function that it is mapped it is call invert_controllers;
you can map this to any button.

Thanks,

DJ SMG!

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 8:20 am
Hi There,

I have 2 DNS-3700 connected to a Mac. I followed step-by-step the instructions, but I'm unable to make the two work together. The result: One of the units is controlling both sets and the other unit is just dead. It is also very unstable.

Can someone please help?! Thanks!

Pepo

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 10:47 am
PepomanDJ00 wrote :
Hi There,

I have 2 DNS-3700 connected to a Mac. I followed step-by-step the instructions, but I'm unable to make the two work together. The result: One of the units is controlling both sets and the other unit is just dead. It is also very unstable.

Pepo

I think on a mac you have to set the midi channels manually.
go back to the first page use the links sepecific for mac

Thanks,

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 12:41 pm
Hey all,
Things with my DN HC4500 worked out okay but someting weird happened. The left deck became unresponsive, both on the unit and VDJ. I'd try to play a song and nothing happens, no sound, no progression on the waveform on VDJ. when I tried to drop another song on it, it gave me the "a song is currently playing" message. I rebooted the program and it was fine for the rest of the night. Anyone else experience this?

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 1:38 pm
That's a new one to me mate .... just a blip by the look of things!

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 1:50 pm
PepomanDJ00 wrote :
Hi There,

Pepo

Are you using VDJ Pro?

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 3:26 pm
Denon DJ,
yes I am using VDJ Pro.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 5:44 pm
dj e-rock wrote :
Denon DJ,
yes I am using VDJ Pro.

Ok, just keep on eye on it since it was a one time thing.

Posted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 11:47 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Denon DJ wrote :
dj e-rock wrote :
Denon DJ,
yes I am using VDJ Pro.

Ok, just keep on eye on it since it was a one time thing.

i have the same issue with mac, under xp it works with denon asio 2.0

dj e-rock wrote :
Denon DJ,
yes I am using VDJ Pro.

new firmware is out

best regards
dj-agua

Posted Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 1:43 am
just got my second dn-s 3700 here a sample video
I dont have a good video cam so I had to use the web
on my netbook to record so excuse the the jumpy video and also the wack scratching... (Yeah I know I need to practice some more)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jRCUDIabNc

Posted Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 12:11 pm
gbeul wrote :
i have the same issue with mac,

List your details for the VDJ dev team.

Quote :
under xp it works with denon asio 2.0

You should be using Asio v101, link found on page 1 of this thread.

Posted Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 1:07 pm
DJBARTOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does the Denon DN-X500 crossfader work with audio on VDJ 5.2.1?¿ I use also the DN-HC4500 controller
At the moment just work with videos but not just with audiofiles

Thanks for the support

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 12:24 pm
Yes, if you connect the two deck outputs of the HC4500 to two separate channels on the mixer (E.g: Channels 1 & 2), then use the crossfader assign switches to assign one channel to the A side and the other to the B side, you will be able to also crossfade audio (In the same way you would if you were using ordinary CD players.)

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 2:28 pm
13%