Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: BINGO Plugin - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi - I wonder if anyone can help me as i dont know a thing about creating plugins!

Is it possible to create a plugin that could be used for a BINGO NIGHT - i know this sounds really random but hear me out...

I would like a video feature that when activiated it displays loads of random numbers (one after the other) on screen, but then after touching a key or button the numbers would stops on one number thus indicating that this number is selected. I want to try a bingo night down my my local pub aside from my djing nights...

The clever thing would be, if it could also store the number that it stoped on... go i could keep a track of which numbers have been called.

Anyone help?

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 9:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Easy to do ;)

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 9:21 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
for you to say.... lol

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 9:58 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

BINGO!!!!!

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 10:06 am
If this plugin could have 2 options it would be awesome.

1: A bingo game could be quite useful for some fundraisers I do. It would need to show all numbers that have been drawn and the current number larger on the screen.

2: I'm more interested in a random number generator. I would be able to feed it a range, let's say ticket numbers. 1 through to 150 for example then tell it I want to draw 4 numbers or to keep drawing numbers until I tell it to stop. (think along the lines of Ant & Decs Saturday Night Takeaway) This way I can select random members of the audience to either play games or be selected as prize winners...you could even turn it into a Price Is Right sort of game.

Very interesting.

Could use this in December if it's ready by then...

Cheers,

Ross

Posted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 8:05 pm
This sounds exciting... i thought i might get shot down with this request.... BINGO - in a DJ forum!!!! NEVER!

But Ross, can i assume that you would be able to sort me out something?

The option to place a certain amount of 'tickets in the system' would be brilliant. I could use it for the raffle draw as well.

I cant wait...

Cheers.

Posted Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 3:19 am
Sadly no. I never continued with programming when I studied computing, I went hardware.
I'm pretty good at coming up with program specifications though, looking at what need to be achieved and finding a logical way to do it.

Scott seems to be able to do anything though, I think he probably hates me for all the added suggestions I come up with.
I'd love to write my own plugins, well not just for me but for everyone.
Karaoke still leaves a lot to be desired for example.

Sorry for going off topic, looking forward to see how this may develop.

Ross

Posted Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 4:38 pm
I hear you Ross,

Scot.... are you the saviour of everythin Bingo!!!????

Might you be able to assist with a plugin?

Please.... pretty please with a cherry on top!

Posted Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 8:45 am
I play bingo when i DJ on a weekly basis... I use winamp to do it so i don't have to clear out my playing list on Vdj. but you can use VDJ to play i have. I have a set of mp3+g files that display the numbers. set winamp or VDJ to random and let them rip. it keeps playing the numbers until i hit stop when someone calls bingo.

Posted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 7:08 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Easy to do ;)

Scott,

I realise that you've been very busy with ScrollText and all the other wonderful plugins you've been creating lately but, wondered if you might be able to take a look into this again?

Couple of clients I have been speaking to are requesting bingo as an option.

Also the raffle idea I was talking about would be really handy too.

Cheers,
Ross

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 2:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I can certainly look into it, I can't see it being particularly difficult to do...

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 3:43 pm
That would be really cool.
I know you have a lot on your plate just now so no pressure.

Cheers,
Ross

Posted Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 7:31 pm
awesome idea the pubi work in sundays would love this lol.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 3:32 pm
I do "Pub Bingo" a few times a week and would love to get rid of that pesky ball cage. I'd love to do it through VDJ.

Posted Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 10:40 am
No offense to the "BINGO" DJs, but the day I have to stop my DJ set and call out "G 12, under the G... 12" is the day I hang up my headphones and quit DJ'ing.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 3:46 am
We aren't Bingo DJs, firstly. Pub bingo is not like regular bingo that your mother goes to. No offence to you but we all work in different types of venues. I do a trivia show 3 times a week during happy hour(6-9pm) and I do a 5 minute Pub Style Bingo round to break things up during trivia. I do my regular DJ gig the rest of the night till 3am. I do many fundraisers and use bingo to raise hundreds of dollars for cancer, etc in a 5 munute time period. I get paid extra money and been doing it for 7 years straight. My other venues don't do this. I make more money and so does the club owner and we make about 60 people have a great evening between trivia and bingo during happy hour. I'm about pleasing the crowd and the club owner. I've been DJing over 32 years and thought like you for many years now I have matured and know how to make money easily and do what I enjoy 7 days a week. Besides that, I do everything that you do...

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 12:24 pm
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
No offense to the "BINGO" DJs, but the day I have to stop my DJ set and call out "G 12, under the G... 12" is the day I hang up my headphones and quit DJ'ing.

Dizzy,

With all due respect, if it comes to fruition and you don't need or want it, don't download and use it.
But what's the point in your comment.
We merely asked Scott if he could look into developing it for our requirements.

Best,
Ross

Thanks Scott, if you get round to it that is.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 3:53 pm
Incidentally, I did a fundraiser on Saturday night and this would have worked a treat as opposed to the scrunched up bits of paper the organiser had in a bucket.

Ross

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 4:30 am
This would be good pulgin save time at raffle time .
go for it scott

Posted Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 10:56 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Just wondering how this plugin is coming?

Posted Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 2:18 pm
59%