Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: BINGO Plugin - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A DJ Bingo Plugin is a need. If we can get someone to help design the plug-in I have been making 30 sec clips and topics that we can apply to a first build or sample.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 17 @ 2:26 pm
Only 2 problems without looking into it further.

1. (a) Guests can't see number drawn already on screen (b) if having more than 1 game, it will be a pain to check history even knowing exact time game starts (user will have to make sure they turn off hiding songs played)
  2. It's possible to separate numbers into groups, but can be a pain to limit values.

First issue can be solved by first showing previous played numbers in a table to the side of the current number. Second issue can be quickly limited on startup of a plugin.

Also the plugin can be given a user provided timer to pull numbers independent of how long the video method has video clip lengths.

I don't think it would be hard to create this plugin and I'd be willing to give it a quick try (no promises though) but i never created a video plugin before and would like sample code of a video plugin creating a single number spinning. Alternatively I can create it the same as an audio plugin and just break the screen into a table matrix with xml but that won't have any fancy text effects.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 12:38 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can't believe this thread is nine and a half years old, time flies! Anyways, any amount of software on the market and they are cheap as chips.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 8:26 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020

Posted Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 8:43 pm
What you are describing is just bingo.#LAME

DJ Bingo is using music, Videos, Pictures, and so on. It is more entertaining and you have much more fun things to do instead of just calling out numbers. Use the technology that we have to make something much bigger.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 17 @ 5:25 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Still there's no difference whatever the media, just use automix & randomise once, for strictly pictures make a silent track link the picture to the track.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 17 @ 5:54 pm
ok, I think everyone needs to remember not all members here are club djs or want to be.. Been there done that made more money doing vip events. Truth is this if i can add 500 \ per night to my jeans and just play games bring it on... Bingo im building is dj bingo , you get to hear the songs and then mark them off . Crowds like it.. I have unlimited bingo cards made and have unlimited songs i already own.. Now add special effect graphics to the game and music videos.. So dont limit your self .. or anyone else.. Being a dj for 32 years . I have done it all. digital changed everything ..

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 10:40 pm
Stretchincanada wrote :
ok, I think everyone needs to remember not all members here are club djs or want to be.. Been there done that made more money doing vip events. Truth is this if i can add 500 \ per night to my jeans and just play games bring it on... Bingo im building is dj bingo , you get to hear the songs and then mark them off . Crowds like it.. I have unlimited bingo cards made and have unlimited songs i already own.. Now add special effect graphics to the game and music videos.. So dont limit your self .. or anyone else.. Being a dj for 32 years . I have done it all. digital changed everything ..

i have been trying to find something i can use for music bingo.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 3:39 am
as a suggestion, why not look at Rock N Roll Bingo (Google it)

its a music quiz bingo game combined where the numbers are replaced with music tracks. players mark the songs off on a bingo cad and the first one to get a full house is the winner

Posted Sat 09 Mar 19 @ 1:03 pm
Hey All,

Guessing this plugin never manifested... any chance of reviving this?
I know there's other software available but ideally want something integrated into VDJ that I can layer over Milkdrop or other plugins.

I've been asked to run a bingo night at my resident venue.

:)

Posted Wed 13 Mar 19 @ 1:03 pm
strange but true.. My issue became a issue with Alberta liqueur and gaming. We were considered gambling. As you had to buy tickets to win prizes . Also i got the game show wireless buzzers up and working with all the extras , the bingo idea came up about 10 years ago and everyone here laughed.. 300$ added on to dj events .. Game show will be 1400.00 per night plus extra for dj . So for all dj haters who would not do this , cool . Thanks for not competing.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 11:29 pm
Stretchincanada wrote :
for all dj haters who would not do this , cool . Thanks for not competing.

Hmmm...

I'm a DJ, not a game show host. I go to gigs to play music and get people dancing, not to ask quiz questions so people can sit and press buzzers.

They're two completely different things. A bingo plugin for DJ software? Not necessary. You want to play bingo, use bingo software!

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 11:22 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
See, I’m back and forth.
It’s almost like a karaoke thing.
I want to use one platform for all things.
I’ve expanded from club/mobile DJ to karaoke jock. I would love to find a way to do bingo or trivia in the same platform.

It allows me to keep a history between venues. I can set a background playlist for the type of crowd for each venue and perform what the night requires.

Every night might not support a club night. But, every night can be my night.

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 10:51 pm
Djing and this software is changing. we no longer play music like we use too. I was doing music mix s with reel to reel and you would adjust the reel as it went. Now music and video and graphics and sampling are all a part. Production is a skill that can be done on any laptop. Having a ability to entertain people and survive is the key. The reason i built the game show on this platform was because of the ability of making play lists and samples and I wouldn't have to rebuild the wheel. I will be happy to show people who are into building it how easy it can be . For others its like driving a car with a stick shift couldn't care or be bothered. But if anyone else puts a few dollars in there jeans I consider this successful.
Respect to all who post here , its people like dj dad , loco, tayla, george and max and more who post ideas and they are a big part of this idea . I also want to post stuff thats positive and that the forum needs to see things out side the box.

I once had admin give me crap for a huge post of ideas back in 2008 ish. Now a few of my ideas are implemented in this software.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 4:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)