Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW VERSION] VirtualDJ Pro v5.1 - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

It was a big update by any standards, but I guess children just seek more toys to play with rather than professional enhancements.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 1:02 pm
Hello guys,

I recorded a video snippet after installing http://www.undercut.org/msmpeg4/ utility. However when I played back the recorded video, the picture quality had immensely decayed and the resolution was very low 320x320. Is there a higher end codec which can be used to record from VDJ 5.1 and also allows me to record a resolution of least 640x480 ???

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 4:14 pm
DJ FORMAT wrote :
I just wanted too let everyone know. I have been giving this issue about the smaller progress bars some thought. I have come up with this solution for fixing it. If enough people like this I will suggest it too the Dev Team for the HE5 skin. This is a pannel that you will be able to toggle on or off. This of course will only work with Auto mix. Showing what is playing on top and what is in ram waiting to play.

just saying .. I still love it :)

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 5:23 pm
Hi,

just wondering where the pause button was on the new skin ?

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 6:39 pm
between cue and play.. it's the little square. if you have the roll-over tool tips enabled it will say "pause/stop"

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 2:52 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I want it want it want it.

But I cant get the download to work. I keep getting to 2.87Mb and then the download comes up complete. Is this a known problem or am I just screwing it up?

Help

Daz

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 5:25 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dazmax wrote :
I want it want it want it.

But I cant get the download to work. I keep getting to 2.87Mb and then the download comes up complete. Is this a known problem or am I just screwing it up?

Help

Daz

Use Internet Explorer and turn off any download managers you might be using.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 5:49 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
chris, you notice this is the first time in i don't know how many versions you haven't needed to help me to download an upgrade, i feel as though i'm now missing something in my life... lol

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 5:59 am
Something about v5.1 is really driving me crazy though. I'm kinda a fast mixer, and even if songs load quite fast, i'm already cueing before the song is loaded completely. Problem is, the autocue function (which is very useful though) only works after the song is completely loaded, so if i'm planning on starting the song on a different place then my stored cues i have to wait for it to load completely before doing it.

... and when mixing at rates of up to 70 songs an hour, those lost seconds are quite crucial.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 1:22 pm
VanStino wrote :
... and when mixing at rates of up to 70 songs an hour, those lost seconds are quite crucial.

Sounds like you need to slow down and let people enjoy the songs your are playing ?? LOL!!! --- just joking!

&@tayla -- that's because you are finally listening to me instead of busting my chops for making a suggestion!!

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 3:59 pm
VanStino wrote :
Something about v5.1 is really driving me crazy though. I'm kinda a fast mixer, and even if songs load quite fast, i'm already cueing before the song is loaded completely. Problem is, the autocue function (which is very useful though) only works after the song is completely loaded, so if i'm planning on starting the song on a different place then my stored cues i have to wait for it to load completely before doing it.

lol thats van specialty....crazy fast mixing...

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 4:13 pm
cstoll wrote :

2. Controllers

About controllers -- which there is a new one seemingly releasing ever two week these days. Back when controllers were just a toy to most DJs, VirtualDJ supported the majority that existed - DMC1, DAC-2, D-Vinyl 2020, Herc MP3 and MK2, etc. But companies were not rolling out a controller every other week. Now it seems as if everyone wants that market and to be honest, VDJ created that market because we didn't cater to any one controller. And that will be the same moving forward, however that moving forward is going to take time. We will do our best to stay with the current game, but we need extra innings or overtime to beat the game. So have patience with us. Most controllers are MIDI these days and even though you can't get things like the displays or buttons to light up using the MIDI configuration - there is support there -- how many other programs out there make it that easy? And, support so many? Thanks for the patience and we will get to them in do time.

Converted and matured Results are crucial in this "game", completely particularly if these are already there!
Surely there is Support, but in this Time, on this Market this isn't enough.
The Past showed it, the Present confirms it and the Future will prove it.

Quote :
how many other programs out there make it that easy? And, support so many?

I think this Question is more than redundant!
Btw. Pride always comes before the Fall

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 7:28 pm
@VanStino

Only if the track hasn't been analyzed with 5.1 will it not cue to your cue point until the track is fully loaded. After that, everything works as it did in 5.08

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 9:15 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well, I've been playing around with 5.1 for nearly a week now - finally did my first gig with it last night. Great work dev people! Not only is the audio quality WAY better than on 4.3 which I've been using up til now, it seems to be using less system resources than before. Never before have I been able to use keylock on both decks at once without the display getting all jittery, which gives me a lot more mixing freedom. The new BPM engine is working great, and so much easier to tweak on the fly as well... in short, another satisfied customer!

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 11:58 pm
^I agree. I've been mucking about with it for awhile now, and it's really cool to tap the bpm button once and have the beats lined up (for tracks with CBG issues). Audio is crisp and response is spot on...Lovin' it - props to VDJ Dev Team, yet again! :^D

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 12:34 am
tekker76 wrote :
cstoll wrote :

2. Controllers

About controllers -- which there is a new one seemingly releasing ever two week these days. Back when controllers were just a toy to most DJs, VirtualDJ supported the majority that existed - DMC1, DAC-2, D-Vinyl 2020, Herc MP3 and MK2, etc. But companies were not rolling out a controller every other week. Now it seems as if everyone wants that market and to be honest, VDJ created that market because we didn't cater to any one controller. And that will be the same moving forward, however that moving forward is going to take time. We will do our best to stay with the current game, but we need extra innings or overtime to beat the game. So have patience with us. Most controllers are MIDI these days and even though you can't get things like the displays or buttons to light up using the MIDI configuration - there is support there -- how many other programs out there make it that easy? And, support so many? Thanks for the patience and we will get to them in do time.

Converted and matured Results are crucial in this "game", completely particularly if these are already there!
Surely there is Support, but in this Time, on this Market this isn't enough.
The Past showed it, the Present confirms it and the Future will prove it.

Quote :
how many other programs out there make it that easy? And, support so many?

I think this Question is more than redundant!
Btw. Pride always comes before the Fall

What ?

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 1:39 am
Text 2d dosn't work on my system. Just got a brand new Dell xps laptop with Vista Home edition. Everything works perfect with Virtual except text 2d. I installed it and it shows up under the video effects, but when I click on it, it dosn't high light and the text box where you enter and edit the text dosn't pop up. The first generation text plug-in works, but I really love the text 2d version. Anyone else hae this problem or a solution to my problem?

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 1:48 am
Where is the updated manual? Norway said it's in the install file, but all I see there is the install file and nothing else. I installed and updated Virtual, but no manual in the config tab.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 2:40 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

My Doc>VirtualDJ>5.1 Manual(PDF Form)

That's where mine is mate.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 2:43 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
blaide13 wrote :
Text 2d dosn't work on my system. Just got a brand new Dell xps laptop with Vista Home edition. Everything works perfect with Virtual except text 2d. I installed it and it shows up under the video effects, but when I click on it, it dosn't high light and the text box where you enter and edit the text dosn't pop up. The first generation text plug-in works, but I really love the text 2d version. Anyone else hae this problem or a solution to my problem?

In order for it to work you need to have the latest direct x.....google direct x and get it. This has been posted before.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 3:50 am
85%