Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW VERSION] VirtualDJ Pro v5.1 - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Any News about the CUE Update?

Posted Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 11:41 pm
dj raymond wrote :
... low cpu usage,...

Hard to believe it got any lower. I'm running videos in both decks at the same time out to extended desktop right now and CPU useage is floating between 2 and 12%. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Kudos to DEV.

AMD Athlon Dual Core 4600+
2 Gig RAM
NVidea GeForce 7600gt w/256M

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 12:03 am
Thanks a ton guys. I have not loaded it yet but know it will be the shizz!

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 12:16 am
CkishPRO InfinityMember since 2005
groovindj wrote :
OK, apart from the new skin only being provided in one size, which does not fit they type of monitors that are most common now (widescreen high resolution - up to full HD), I have noticed that - according to VDJ - every song in my collection is in a minor key (A).

How can that be?

I've scanned lots of files and so far, not one has been marked as being in a major key (B)!)

i agree with u... why don't they use the Camelot system? i'm new on this stuff of HarmonicMixing and i got a question for the experimented users on HarmonicMixing... Vdj does a good work by scaning the keys/camelot?
i want to mix based on the CamelotSystem but in the DB they are no major keys :(
... and to see the keys when i'm mixing, i have pimped my favourites old skins ;)
now i can see the camelot and the keys when i'm mixing

groovindj wrote :

PLEASE guys, provide some WIDESCREEN skins as standard.

I kinow there's a selection of skins for download, but they are (mostly) not marked with their size.

not everybody have huges plasmas, i think the standard skin should be 1280x800 :P (because that's my screen resolution) lol

by the way... good job teamers

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 1:52 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 2:21 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cioce or Format we need a pro skin for 1440x900 Please!
A+ to the dev team!

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 3:28 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 3:37 am
Installed 5.1 since 3 days.

Good update. BPM detection much more precise than before. key detection is a good improvement as well. Did not have time to check it accuracy right now. Video Capture is real good improvement I think for who mix video I assume.

Single concern, I have a problem loosing control when using TCCD. I experience this problem 1st with 5.07 (never got it with previous 5.0x) I seems to be more frequent with 5.1.

Problem documented here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/85683/General_Discussion/keep_losing_control.html

Congratulation & thx to the team for this new release.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 5:04 am
yeah this is the best update to date the sound is much better,only thing i saw is bpm need to be hold in place more.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 5:27 am
Can we get a MAC version or its still in the works? it was stated that it would be out early this ween but its now its in the later part of the week and still no update. Can we expect something this week or not? :/

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 7:14 am
Marph84PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Could it be that the songs run away a little bit more with the v5 Timecode Engine?

I've got two 130 BPM Track running sysc but they are running away very fast.

With the v4 Enigne the problem is not there.....

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 9:49 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
djkboogie wrote :
it was stated that it would be out early this ween but its now its in the later part of the week and still no update. Can we expect something this week or not? :/

It was?
Missed that I guess

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 10:08 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ PHIL IT wrote :
yeah this is the best update to date the sound is much better,only thing i saw is bpm need to be hold in place more.

Wow never thought I'd see this..., a sound impovement? Not possible!

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 10:10 am
sclavel wrote :
Hello,

We just released a new version: VirtualDJ Pro v5.1 for PC.
Mac version will be following very quickly next week.
CUE is still under discussion at this moment.

there it is there

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 11:11 am
djkboogie wrote :
sclavel wrote :
Hello,

We just released a new version: VirtualDJ Pro v5.1 for PC.
Mac version will be following very quickly next week.
CUE is still under discussion at this moment.

[quote=djkboogie]

there it is there

[quote]MAC VERSION will be following very quicklyNEXT WEEK

Some one is reading tooo fast.lol

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 11:16 am
DJ-Elliot wrote :
Any News about the CUE Update?

im waiting as well.... didnt they say next week somewhere in the thread?

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 11:59 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If this thread turns into a "where is X version" posts, it will get closed.

Gentlemen and Ladies, this is no different than when it is said we are beta testing a version -- you will not get an exact date to be posted on when the release will occur. This VDJ-PC release was just made 5 days ago (Sun), so next week is not even here yet. Also, if it goes longer, then that is the nature of development. Sometimes the best guess of when, turns into a nightmare after 1 change and it prolongs the release.

So, when it is available it will be posted and made available.

Chris
VDJ Team

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 12:37 pm
fmooijPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

5.1 is great!! I like the Key, Camelot feature.
Is there a way to show a green coloured disk when the song in the same bpm range +/- 8% AND has the camelot nr which is mxable.
For example i am playing on the deck a song with 100 Bpm & key 12A. Please colour the disk green for the songs whom are 92 Bpm - 108 Bpm AND key 12A, 12B, 11A, 01A.

regards,

freek

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 12:56 pm
DAMONACHome userMember since 2007
Less than one week after its release, I have got the cracked version already and I can say apart from the skin change and some other minor chages, it looks to me like it's just update of 5.0.7 to 5.0.8. Upon all these hyps this is the outcome. Well, kudos to the development team though. Keep up the good work. You make we the poor in the developing countries to survive.

Thanks

Monarch writes..................

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 12:57 pm
You know, the only way to give kudos to the Dev Team is to support the development and future of the software, by buying a legal licence and be full part of this community...

Cracks are bad, in several ways... bugs and virus being only a few ;)

As for 5.08 vs 5.1 we felt that the brand new BPM engine, the brand new Key detection engine and lots of new features validated it being named 5.1 ;)

But its just a number... The main thing is that its a new release with improvements :)

Hope to see ya as a full legal users soon

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 1:00 pm
79%