Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Going back to ATI - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Man I will tell you this week cant get any better. Just when I get VDJ FLAWLESS I am having video card problems. I got little lines that seam to float up the screen. It is really out of focus and looks like crap. The videos are dark and adjusting them makes them look white. I looked into an NVIDIA forum and I am not the only one having the issues, something with the 91.47 drivers. I can't take much more this week. I am going to try the original card I bought the X1600 Pro again and see if the re-install of windows helped.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 11:06 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I wonder if you got a bad one?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 12:33 pm
I'll almost promise you that the x1600 ATI card will work great;)
Just try it now, with clean XP ...

(btw, read somewhere that Windows Media Center editon "hijack" graphic card for tv-out purposes, and that you're not alone having problems with that version and running other apps that needs video out. Seems like Microsoft is running some process that makes it hard for other apps to use the video out.... And sceptics say its because Microsoft want to prevent other "Media Center" software from running good.).

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 2:34 pm
Well, I hate to say it but...... here it comes..............

I Told You So !!!! LOL

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 2:54 pm
I think the problem is either the card or the powersupply doesn't have enough power to run the card. I should have my own 7600 soon to verify.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 3:23 pm
Well I found out why these cards arent working. My computer can only handle up to 256mb on the video cards. I am going to return this one and order the X1900GT 256mb GDDR3 card, or can I get away with the X1300 Pro 256mb DDR2? I can run on the factory card til then as it works as long as I don't use the VMIX skins.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 5:27 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You should get X1900 if you can.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 5:42 am
X1900 from TigerDirect it is.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 6:42 am
I don't know if I can as my power supply is setup like this
+5v - 30A
+3.3V - 30A
+12V 1 - 16A
+12V 2 - 18A
-12V - .6A

This card requires 30A on the 12 Volt Rail so I believe this isn't enough power for the card, am I correct or wrong??

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 7:32 am
Okay guys, in another thread I was told to stay away from the ati cards and Nvidia was the way to go. Now you got me worried. Are you telling me the nvidia may not work as well as the ati's AND I may need to buy a new power supply with the new video card? .................does ANYBODY KNOW for sure what processor/ram/video card/power supply set up truly works 100%, or is it all voodoo magic and we all have bte constant beta testers. We have to keep swapping parts at a huge cost, time and embarrassment continually buying truying and then returning parts that didn't do the job to. Did the dev team actually test the VIDEO portion of the program or just the Audio...........I was told yesterday by Ryan that PCDJ VJ is supposed to be out by the end of September (I know another release date promise, but I think this one may be for real), maybe I will just use Windows Media Player until it comes out.

Below is what you say the specs need to be (no mention of any special video cards or power supplies by the way). All three of my computers FAR EXCEED these specs and I can't get proper operation and so do most of the specs I have seen posted by everyone having problems. Your RECOMMENDED SPECS obviously don't work so maybe you should revise these in your sales pitch, and if it is a problem with incompatibility between components please spec the KNOWN component combinations (brand, model, etc) that actually are known to work.

(From this website in the program description and features)

The minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ is:

PIII 850 MhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
DirectX compatible soundcard
512 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive

The recommended configuration is:

PIV 3 GhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
1024 MB RAM
200 MB free on the hard-drive

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 8:17 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You should get 450W power supply for your PC and you are fine :)

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 8:18 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've got a 7800GTX with no problems at all. See my blog for details.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 9:39 am
I think his last post was posted in pure frustration.

anyways I've got three systems too, guess what they all play video perfectly

system one (aslo used by djlarry d at this years djexpo)

Athlon 64 3000+
6600gt (stock clock)
foxconn nforce4 motherboard
500 watt ps
1 gig of pc3200

System 2

Athlon 64 3500+
6800GT (stock clock)
dfi nforce motherboard
500 watt ps
1 gig of pc3200

System 3
**still under construction but has been booted and tesed with vdj4**
Athlon 64 3800+
dfi nforce4 motherboard
dual 6600gt's in sli mode (only tested vdj with one so far$$)
600 watt ps
2 gig of pc3200

I always tell people to go with nvidia because it works for me in every system i've ever built. Personally I don't like ati's drivers at all. Also the dev team uses nvidia in their test boxes. Anyway you'll get great results with nvidia if you set it up correctly. This includes having the proper hardware (power supply, motherboard) to support the card. If you read the specs or owners manual they clearly state you must have a good power supply for the card to work correctly.

The spec's page is for audio only, but your right i'll modify it to include a video system min as well to avoid confusion.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 4:47 pm
Ok will my PSU be enough to drive this card or not?? I can't tell if ALF was talkin to me.
DJ Electric- I can tell you this, go with whatever your comfortable with. There is a lot on here running ATI onboard and probably for every one there is the same amount running NVIDIA with no issues. I simply sent my NVIDIA back cause I personally didn't like the controls, thats it.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 5:20 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
system on Intel Side :-)

Pentium 540 (3.2GHz, 1MB Cache, FSB 800)
Motherboard Intel 915GUX
RAM 1.5GB DDR2 533MHz
ATI X600 256MB DDR
Power Supply 400 Watts

Pentium 641 (3.2 GHz, 2MB Cache, FSB 800)
Motherboard Intel 945GTPL
RAM 1GB DDR2 667MHz
ATI X1600 256MB DDR3
Power Supply 450 Watts

Pentium D 940 (3.2GHz, 4MB Cache, FSB 800)
Motherboard Intel 975XBX
RAM 2GB DDR2 800MHz
N-Vidia 6600GT 128 MB DDR3
Power Supply 550 Watts

The first one works good with videos, but not at full performance, If you want better performace the second choice if a very good option. The 3 rd option rocks :-) I only want to put an 7950GX2 and a Core 2 Due X6800 in there to get the best

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 6:40 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Ok will my PSU be enough to drive this card or not?? I can't tell if ALF was talkin to me.
DJ Electric- I can tell you this, go with whatever your comfortable with. There is a lot on here running ATI onboard and probably for every one there is the same amount running NVIDIA with no issues. I simply sent my NVIDIA back cause I personally didn't like the controls, thats it.

Your power supply must work with that spec of 12V 30AMP ( 16A+18A= 34A is what you have). Check if your Videocard needs to plugg a power supply cord directly, if so connect it. Always check you videocard installation instructions.

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 7:31 pm
Got the X1600 Pro card again and after talkin to ATI about the dual display they said that it is a known issue and the workaround to make it work is to use the DVI to SVGA adapter for main monitor and SVideo out. Got that part working now every min or 2 the system freezes then goes back to normal. I am lost and frustrated. The factory card doesn't freeze system.

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 12:26 am
Who make this ATI card of yours? Gigabyte? Leadteak? Asus?

Could you give me the URL of this videocard?

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 10:02 am
Dj Cyber...........Yes it was posted in frustration, tonight was even worse, the program absolutely went crazy, videos not loading, some loading then stopping, then restarting. I finally just said *@!#$%*&$ and pulled up winamp 5.24, did the whole night without any beat mixing (good thing I have most of my videos edited so there is no crap at the beginning or end).............Pretty embarrassing when your boss asks why that crappy little FREE program works so much better than my "Professional" $200 program, and my only answer was "computers = voodoo"!..........Fortuanatley great music programming still beats good mixing and fancy effects anyday, anytime, anywhere.........never lost a customer or a dance floor all night!

This is VDJ's last chance guys, the program has so much potential, but like so many athletes potential isn't any good if it doesn't ever become performance!

SO I am going to Fry's Electronics today I am going to get the following and if this doesn't work I'm leaving virtual Dj forever!

amd 64 x2 4200 dual core
a new motherboard (don't know what yet) but it will have on board (so I don't need any other cards):
-- pci express video slot
-- 8 channel sound
-- firewire (hopefully firewire 800)
-- usb 2.0
3 gig ddr3200 ram
pci express riser for the video card only
-- nvidia 7900 gt with 512meg gddr3 memmory
400 to 500 watt power supply (if I can find one that big to fit the rack case)

If I can't find a good power supply and riser I will break down and buy a new case and find somewhere to put it safely in the already too cramped dj booth.

I still believe for the sake of future customers you REALLY need to upgrade the specs description in the program featues on this site to what REALLY works for video.

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 1:25 pm
I totally understand your frustrations Dj E-Lectric...

Nothing more frustrating than something that doesnt work for you... :)

But please keep in mind that Virtual DJ have several houndred thousands of users being happy, and working good for them.

I for one, honestly, crossing heart, have NO ISSUES what so ever when running the program.
If I had, I would not use it at live gigs 2-3 times a week, for several houndred people in front of me.

Now, all this means nothing to the one person that have issues. And we all here would love to help you out. Unfortunately PC's have "personalities" and its often very hard to pin-point what exact chip, driver, hardware etc that causes conflict at your PC.
It can be all from corrupted install files, driver conflicts, IRQ sharing, motherboard chips that dont work well with the hardware etc. I had one PC a long time ago, that had all kinds of issues. And in the end it was a faulty SiS chip that made this all happen.

Back to you, I do hope you can solve it, and please ask for help.
We do have a DEMO out so that people can test before they buy, and the minimum recommandations is on a GENERAL basis, hard to say it will work for every person that tries the software.

I totally understand your frustrations, but do keep in mind that most users have no isses, they dont even write much at forum, as they are happy and nothing to ask for.
But we will try to make you happy too :)

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 4:19 pm
43%