Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Going back to ATI - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Seems DAC2 and XSession are the way to go on this machine for now til we can sort out the USB/MK2 problem. Dont really scratch much so it wont be a problem.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 5:46 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Brian,

Seems like you are finally getting to the bottom of the issues you were having. I applaud your perservernce and willingness to work through and find a solution even if its not quite what you had in mind.

For kicks i would try putting a powersupply on the mk2 and see if it doesn't help. You also can try a powered usb hub.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 5:54 am
I have tried moving the usb connections. I have tried powered hub as well as a power supply for the Hercules itself. Now I am running into a problem where I hear everything the computer is doing kinda like a ground hum and crackles. I believe this is because the graphics are sharing the same IRQ as the onboard sound. I am trying my external soundcard to see what happens. I have a fealing that my USB are losing connection as my DAC2 is losing its display now and I can still control the program it just has funky numbers moving. I will post back.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 10:27 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Put the dac2 on a powered hub too, do you notice the display is not a constant brightness. The display is powered by usb. Groundloops can be caused by several things. I have a feeling you need to isolate the ground on the external hard driver (use a 3 to 2 prong plug adapter)

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 1:55 pm
This noise I am getting is only when the video is activated. You can even hear when the fan speeds up or down you can hear it. I will try the DAC on a powered USB hub. I tried a USB soundcard and still can hear the noises as I thought since the onboard sound was sharing IRQ with the video card #16 that would solve it. I tried using the 3 to 2 adapter on the whole computer and that did nothing.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 8:48 pm
Ok a $26 Ground Loop Isolator eliminated the sound problems. I think I am finially getting somewhere. Thank you to all who have helped me with this nightmare PC. I personally learned a lesson from all this and feel more educated with VDJ and PCs. Once again thank you. I now am going to work on my issues with my DAC and MK2.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 11:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)