Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Scratch Competition ??? - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
There are at least 2 users with DMC participation and experience at this forum you know !
Dj White Dvl and myself !!! Don't go against us...

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 3:27 am
LOL its all for fun

I won't use my Pioneer 909 mixer. Instead I'll use my Behringer VMX300 with a bad curve so that way there's no unfair advantage. There will not be any real vinyl either. All done with VDJ and what VDJ offeres.

It will be great to hear or see (if available) what each controller can offer.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 4:39 am
I would love to participate but I need TTs first. Being from the Old Skool I already know how to Transform, Scribble, Chop/Stab, Flare, Forward and Backward Scratch. Because back in the day just about every DJ had to scratch one way or another. Now it is called Turntabalism, but back then it was called "bringing it". I really don't want to learn Baby Scratching with a mouse. I think that I would sound lame. But I would like to hear the competition and if possible...maybe be a judge?

MS

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 5:28 am
Well everyone is welcome, besides its all for fun.

aposis i'm willing to take on anyone with any equipment DMC or not ;)

maddsound i will be using a mouse and key board shortcuts, possible crossfader from hercules. and i dont consider my scratching to be lame... yes i'm limited but... well you will seee

-gauge

DJ Gauge
DJ White Devil
anewsome
L_rids
TheTurk
Listen2
DJ Bigg Sizzle
DJ seany69
aposis
Dj maddsound (judge maybe)

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 10:28 am
what would everybody think about having different competitions for each type of hardware.

like tcv/tccd

dj console

xp10

etc.

or would you like to have everyone one in one big comp?

-gauge

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 10:53 am
@ Gauge
Read my post carefully. Not once did I say that your mouse scratching was lame, I said that I would sound lame. I think that you achieved something that alot of folks want to do. But I never called it lame.
If you need me, let me know...:)

MS

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 12:43 pm
yeah your right, sorry i took it the wrong way, had a rough night and even worse day...

would you rather be a judge?

-gauge

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 12:48 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm in Gauge. Maybe there is a way to "borrow" somehow from VDJ Radio. The tracks show when the dj is playing so you would know it's live. I'd have a problem with the video as well although I could do as L2 suggested with my phone I suppose.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 3:42 pm
awesome, yeah i was wondering that too. take a bit of the radio. it would only take up maybe 2 hours... we will see.

-gauge

DJ Gauge
DJ White Devil
anewsome
L_rids
TheTurk
Listen2
DJ Bigg Sizzle
DJ seany69
aposis
Dj maddsound
Djej

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 3:45 pm
I approve......and im in.You got my support,this will be good for the radio.i wanna be a judge....hehe
Regards
Andre
Virtual DJ Radio Team

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 7:09 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
if it's done on the radio, i think it pretty clear that its live.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 8:40 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
problem with radio is the time differences between all the users... I'd like to hear everyones set but I'm sure it'll be hard to match up.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 8:54 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good point about the time difference. Maybe once we get to that point we'll be able to figure something out. It may be 8 a.m. one place and midnight another but if the participants are willing then it would work. I agree we would want it within one or two hour span.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 9:33 pm
Yeah Gauge I would like to be a judge if possible. But yes we would have to have a centralized time so that everyone can do it.

MS

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 1:49 am
i agree, but unfortunatly my computer died last night.

-gauge

pissed off

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 5:07 am
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
so i hope its not off
because your comp died gauge and also
ive never been on the vdj radio yet but i want to be on it soon

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 8:14 am
well my desktop in america works fine so its definatly not off

-gauga

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 8:22 am
I think youv'e realy started something here Guage.. if this scratch comp goes realy well, we could probably end up having weekly or monthly competions in different aspects of DJing..
what does everyone think about that?
Sean

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 3:00 am
Hi
I'm jap and I love scratching.
I want to do this competition, but I'm not good enough to do it so I'm gonna listen to the radio.

Do well!!

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 8:38 am
bump

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:28 pm
31%