Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Scratch Competition ??? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello,

DJ Gauge here. I was thinking today about having a VDJ scratch competition.
I would like a list of anyone who would be interested in participating.
Of course if we dont have enough participation of course this whole idea will flop!

then i will cry ;)

thanks

-gauge

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 9:20 pm
I'll participate however I better brush up on my mouse scratching skills.

DJ White Devil

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 9:22 pm
I was considering allowing any type of hardware for use in the competition.

-gauge

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 9:24 pm
I don't think you can limit the hardware used to mouse only. Open it up and you'll get some participants. You need to lay down some rules though. Stuff like, must be live scratching, no multitracks or edits, time limits. Maybe even limit the number of VDJ instances, etc. I would participate but my scratches consist of two basics scratches,.. baby scratch and forward cut. Beyond that, I don't know how to do anything more advanced. I guess I can put together a killer routine using my 2 scratch library of scratches. So I'm in.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 9:31 pm
yeah of course all hardware will be allowed. All would have to be live.

We will get some rules together if and when the time comes. We're hoping to get some teamers in on this to help out :D

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 9:35 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think all submissions should be by video also. This will stop the use of scratch samples or re-editing in programs like mixmeister. Scratching to hip-hop?

I'll be in if this eventuates.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 9:36 pm
DJ Gauge
DJ White Devil
anewsome

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 9:37 pm
that is a great idea l_rids.

would help keep it all fair, we dont want anyone playing prerecorded q-bert lol

havent worked out exactlly how track selection will work but most likely hip-hop

-gauge

also don't be affraid to chime in, if you would like to participate feel free to make yourself known.
anyone can join regardless of ability, hardware etc...
it would just be a fun time hanging out scratchin it up

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 9:39 pm
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ok for sure me

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:05 pm
I knew you would TheTurk!!!!

thanks for the support

-gauge

glad to see you purchased VDJ

DJ Gauge
DJ WhiteDevil
anewsome
L_rids
TheTurk

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:07 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'll be down but i have no video for proof, best i can do is a 30 second clip from my digicam just to verify. Trust me there will be not post production here ;)

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:23 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'll be down but i have no video for proof, best i can do is a 30 second clip from my digicam just to verify. Trust me there will be not post production here ;)

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:23 pm
Thanks L2,

i think that might be a problem with a few people. we will figure something out.
was considering everyone using same beat and scratch sample. that would help with keepin it all real, but would cut down on some personal creativity i think.

-gauge

DJ Gauge
DJ White Devil
anewsome
L_rids
TheTurk
Listen2

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:25 pm
i think using the same beat and scratch sample is a great idea just put it up like you put your scratch songs up so we can download them or send each of us a personal message and we can just use it and send it in this forum again in this topic

by the way gauge umm i read your tutorioul its kool but when you said put the crossfade 2048 or something i did and when i play with the page up page down the crossfade goes to middle then right and or left most of track 1 or track two am i doing it correctly?

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:43 pm
I think that using same beats and scratch sample would be cool too. but im not a dictator lol
i would like everyones opinoin on this to try to make everyone happy.

ok the page up page down issue.
those are premade shortcuts that come set in VDJ.
make a new shortcut with a different unused key and set its value to 2048 and make sure the momentary check box is checked. that way you only have to press on key to center the crossfader and let go to bring it back. instead of using 2 different keys.

dont worry this competition i doubt will get off the ground for a while. i would like to let it snowball and get plenty of people involved, and maybe even some radio teamer support.

plus i would like to use the xfader on my hercules mk2 that i will get as soon as i get home.
and the wonderful crossfader curves plugin by DJ Cel

-gauge

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:49 pm
ok i got it now it works thanks gauge again lol

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:54 pm
no problem bro.

-gauge

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:56 pm
DJ Gauge
DJ White Devil
anewsome
L_rids
TheTurk
Listen2
DJ Bigg Sizzle

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 11:54 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
While we are on the topic.....
For those who attend the DJ Summit next fall, there will be a mixoff.
The rules have yet to be finalized, but the thought of a 4 corner room with a dmx spot syncronized with the mixer in continuous fashion to each corner featuring the different "tools" was in mind.

Personally I would love to see a showdown with FS.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 11:57 pm
Hey Guage, great idea. haha im terrible at scratching, but ill do it as well for a bit of fun :)
... have to learn some scratch technics now..

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 3:08 am
16%