Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio [SOLVED: download v7.4.6 or v8.0.2338] - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Does any one know of when this will be working again and if there is any other ways to get music on the program when at a gig

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 7:51 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you guys read the posts in this thread then you would know that this morning sclavel said that they are LOOKING at a release in 24 hours. I don't even use the service and I know that.

As we all know they work hard. Give them the benefit of the doubt. It is not completely in their hands right now as they are waiting on an answer themselves.

I truly don't understand how a professional DJ can rely solely on this service. That's just my opinion.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 8:22 pm
djbaum81PRO SubscriberMember since 2012
Everybody keeps saying a dj shouldnt depend on cu by itself to do a gig when in actuality the is what vdj intended for cu to do. I have a large library that i have spent thousands on, but i use cu alot when it comes to requests and spare of the moment moments...how about everyone quit bashing on other djs and just be glad we are all doing what we love. Thanks vdj and atomix for resolving this.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 9:20 pm
No one is bashing buddy.

I buy my music and it is with me.. wherever I bring it. I can't see myself relying on an internet connection and search results.

I do it my way... you do it yours. I know this weekend I'm not relying on the internet while I'm doing someone's anniversary party or wedding.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 10:29 pm
zellerball wrote :
Everybody keeps saying a dj shouldnt depend on cu by itself to do a gig when in actuality the is what vdj intended for cu to do.

I'm saying this, but that's not because of CU or that I feel that you need to spend the money. Thats because I don't belive you should depend on internet access for doing a gig.
Internet access is fine when you have it, but you also need music locally and you need a backup of your local music.
And all your local music needs to be without any limitations on them in case you need to play it on something else than your primary laptop using your primary software. No depending on cached music or DRM music
Backup options, backup options, backup options. You need to be able to do the gig no matter what.
Anything else is simply too scare IMO
(BTW this is also why I'm trying so hard to make Atomix change the licensing handeling in v8 - it doesn't have backup)

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 3:53 am
nailbanger430 wrote :
Does any one know of when this will be working again and if there is any other ways to get music on the program when at a gig

If you just need to access music use the netsearch option i Virtual DJ.
That's been working since 2 days after CU went down
The catch is that it's not verified for quality, so you need to do that yourself

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 3:57 am
klausmogensen wrote :

I'm saying this, but that's not because of CU or that I feel that you need to spend the money. Thats because I don't belive you should depend on internet access for doing a gig.
Internet access is fine when you have it, but you also need music locally and you need a backup of your local music.
And all your local music needs to be without any limitations on them in case you need to play it on something else than your primary laptop using your primary software. No depending on cached music or DRM music
Backup options, backup options, backup options. You need to be able to do the gig no matter what.
Anything else is simply too scare IMO
(BTW this is also why I'm trying so hard to make Atomix change the licensing handeling in v8 - it doesn't have backup)

Backup: if you mean a second computer ready during a gig, why not buying a second license?
You also have to pay for the backup of your music. You can only make a copy for home/personal use. So if you want your music copied on a second computer you have to pay, in Belgium 220 euro for a year, almost the price of a VDJ license.
It's a mistake to think that you just can make a backup of your music!
If you mean making a backup of your database, on an easy way to another harddrive, easy to restore in case of a real harddisk faillure, that's something missing in VDJ. I see here a possible integration of eg dropbox,...

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 6:23 am
For a mobile Dj such as myself this service is exceptionally useful. Those one off first dances at weddings, random requests in a pub, tracks I wouldn't have in my core collection at all but occasionally would play out if I thought it would work. When people pay for a service, they can use it how and when they see fit. Casting aspersions on fellow DJ's who may rely on it or even depend on it is wrong. The way I look at it my job is to play the right music for the people in the room and have as many of them enjoying the tunes and dancing as I possibly can. By making full use of any technology such as CU that makes it easier and as a bonus - cheaper to play the right music at the right time has got to be a good thing. Too much knocking others for my liking. Some DJ's do what they do purely for the love of music and the ability to let others enjoy it too. Some do it to massage a fragile ego, and those people are very obvious - even hidden behind a keyboard.

Grooveshark made some mistakes, probably easily done with over 15 million tracks available. Roughly 0.03% of the tracks were improperly managed. If my percentage of mistakes were that minimal, I'd be pretty smug with myself.

Looking forward to seeing what the future (near future I hope) brings with a new catalogue. Keep up the fine work Atomix, this must be a mammoth task.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 7:20 am
just to keep you informed, everything is now implemented, we're just doing a quick testing session to make sure there's no bug, but we can definitely expect a release today.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 7:49 am
Buying a track for a one time play is still worth having the track physically with you.

Ego has nothing to do with it. Losing an internet connection has everything to do with it.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 8:03 am
ok, VirtualDJ8 b2305 now implements a new DJ-specific catalog as the core results for ContentUnlimited, that has all the correct rights paid for and royalties redistributed.
It of course still also has the new improved NetSearch for the oldies and others that are not in the core catalog.

To be honest, we are not very happy with the current implementation of the new catalog, which unfortunately is not in our hands.
But we heard many of you asking for something available for the weekend, so we decided to make it available, while we're still working to improve it.
The selection is not very big yet, and the search engine can only search by artist or by title but not both at the same time.
As we said, we'll work on improving this over the weekend, but at least there's something now.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 8:46 am
I have build 2282.990 All i get is videos. How do i get a new build?

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:05 am
mattrrawlings wrote :
I have build 2282.990 All i get is videos. How do i get a new build?

Enable beta builds in options. Then it'll tell you there is a new version available

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:06 am
Works great :)

But as already stated:
Limited selections and mostly remixes

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:15 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
klausmogensen wrote :

Enable beta builds in options. Then it'll tell you there is a new version available

Or a safer option if you don't want to risk getting beta versions in your dj machine in the future,

You can use these direct links to download the latest beta installer,

PC:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/virtualdj8/pc/beta

MAC:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/virtualdj8/mac/beta

There are also direct links for the executable files only, but the installer should work better for the most users,
(And it also may update the default skin if there is a more recent version than the one you have).

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:17 am
Will we be able to start a new subscription soon? I had canceled mine because I had a few months of down time but I'm ready to renew.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:24 am
Thank you for the build tip. That worked. I'm still getting the purple video downloads under the net search. I don't want videos at all. Anyway to stop that

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:24 am
Hi All,

Probably being stupid... I turned on beta mode, but how to I force an update??

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:58 am
Close the program and reopen worked for me. You should get a dialogue box pop up after you sign in.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 10:04 am
not working. I just rant the msi, when I look on the software it is still showing as 2305.990 Keen to try this new music service. Anyone know how I can update??

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 10:17 am
25%