Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio [SOLVED: download v7.4.6 or v8.0.2338] - Page: 12

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It uses iDJPool and VJPro for its audio content.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 9:48 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
CU in just $ 10.00 a month if you do diff Genre CU is the way 2 go to me. pay over $ 160.00 a year for a musicPool i think your paying to much

kradcliffe wrote :
It uses iDJPool and VJPro for its audio content.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 4:49 pm
Hi, it seems that iDJPool is only licenced in the USA, so for the rest of us worldwide, this is as dodgy as GrooveShark.

Can you confirm that this service is ok for use worldwide, for performance?

Posted Sat 30 Apr 16 @ 12:32 am
johnnapig wrote :
Hi, it seems that iDJPool is only licenced in the USA

Where did you get that info?

If you're referring to the popup that appears when you visit the iDJPool web site, you need to bear in mind that the service available via their web site is not the same as Content Unlimited.

If you read the info, you'll see that the web site service is $50 per month (CU is only $10), the downloads are unprotected (CU downloads are protected) and you get to keep the files (CU is rental only).

Also, if you sign up to CU, the contract is between you and Atomix, not iDJPool - so it would be up to Atomix to ensure they're providing a legal service to any territory that a DJ might sign up in.

What the iDJPool site says refers to the iDJPool $50 per month unprotected MP3 download service, not Content Unlimited from Atomix.

Having said all that though, there really should be a clear statement on virtualdj.com that CU uses iDJPool and that it's licensed for use in [list of countries].

Posted Sat 30 Apr 16 @ 8:13 am
Your reply is full of as many assumptions as my original question. So can we have an official response from Atomix please? Anything less than a clear unambiguous statement would lead one to assume that my original assumption is more likely than yours.

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 2:29 pm
You didn't answer my question. Where did you get the info?

Also, how is my reply full off assumptions? They're facts.

Content Unlimited (audio) is supplied by iDJPool, but it's not the same service as they provide via their web site. That much is clear from reading the info on their site (as stated above). How is that an assumption?

The statement on the iDJPool site about it being for US only relates to the service provided by their site. Again, not an assumption. What makes you think it refers to anything else (if indeed that's where you got the info)?

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 3:00 pm
Personally I don't see what the big issue is here. If you have proof you are paying Atomix for the service and it states on their website it's legal then that's good enough.

How often are you expecting the "music police" to come visiting, because I have worked pretty much every weekend (apart from holidays) since 1985 and they've never visited me .......

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 12:12 pm
We do not have a big problem with music police over here. However, if you are worried, you can always get your music from someplace that you feel safer with. Any user that's had a problem using contentunlimited, please raise your hand.

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 1:28 am
There is no 'big problem'. There was a question: Is it licensed for use outside of the US?

At this point, there has been no answer.

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 12:19 pm
Yes there has. Several Times as below. Atomix would not sell a product in a country if it was illegal.

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 12:30 pm
It mentioned that you can get the latest content. This wasn't the case with the Karaoke unlimited so whats changed ?

A grey area I know people download songs, Video , Karaoke from youtube and wonder how can this be legal

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 1:33 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Yes there has. Several Times as below. Atomix would not sell a product in a country if it was illegal.

Without wanting to labour the point, this does not say it is licensed for use outside of the US. GrooveShark was renowned for its dubious legality, and it was a preferred provider in the past.

As far as I know it, there has yet to be a content licence that covers 'Worldwide' for any music service, so it would be interesting to learn if this is a 'first'. It would open some exciting opportunities up.

Posted Wed 04 May 16 @ 11:37 pm
Raise a support ticket and ask the question since Atomix obviously don't want to reply here.

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 7:27 am
If it wasn't licence outside the US we wouldn't be able to use it. Can't see what the issue is when you can get it from yourtube which must be legal as everyone uses it, however I do subscribe to Content unlimited .

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 3:17 pm
Youtube isn't legal for public performance anywhere.

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 3:20 pm
Who polices it ? Venues have their Public music licence and if the DJ has one grey area.

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 3:24 pm
chriso710 wrote :
If it wasn't licence outside the US we wouldn't be able to use it. Can't see what the issue is when you can get it from yourtube which must be legal as everyone uses it, however I do subscribe to Content unlimited .

It is legal as long as the venue has a public music licence .

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 3:26 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Youtube isn't legal for public performance anywhere.

A public music licence covers it

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 3:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)