Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The price $1199 is straight from Pioneers press release.. So it should be pretty firm

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 2:26 am
I hope those are builts well and not more on low grade plastics components which are prone to dent and scratches even your finger nails could easily marks on plays cues buttons easily and the worst part is that even the potentiometer are made of low grade plastics which could easily break off.

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 3:55 am
This new deck has some inspiration from the NS6 & The traktor controller.

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 12:19 pm
I'm a happy VCI 400 user and I'm really considering this... It's just got everything!

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 12:40 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Pioneer should of made this about 3 or 4 years ago. STOP making stuff that plays CD's. I stopped using audio CDs 7 or 8 years ago. Timecode was/is there to fill the gap and allow turntablist's to still play records.
-David

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 12:44 pm

its a midi controller.. doesnt play cd's ;)

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 4:51 pm
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
looks like the first decent controller they have made. the others look well nasty compared to this.
love the dual deck mode. great idea. is it possible to map a vms4 or orher controllers to do this???
shame about having no separate mic channels but im sure most users will cope

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 5:36 pm
getafix wrote :
love the dual deck mode. great idea. is it possible to map a vms4 or orher controllers to do this???

Of course you can... Just map two buttons like this:
toggle 'DeckLeftDual' & toggle 'DeckRightDual'

Then change your jogs to this:

action_deck 1 ? var 'DeckLeftDual' ? deck 1 jogwheel & deck 3 jogwheel : deck 1 jogwheel : action_deck 2 ? var 'DeckRightDual' ? deck 2 jogwheel & deck 4 jogwheel : deck 2 jogwheel : action_deck 3 ? var 'DeckLeftDual' ? deck 3 jogwheel & deck 1 jogwheel : deck 3 jogwheel : action_deck 4 ? var 'DeckRightDual' ? deck 4 jogwheel & deck 2 jogwheel : deck 4 jogwheel

If you want to shorten the code this might work as well:
device_side 'left' ? var 'DeckLeftDual' ? deck 1 jogwheel & deck 3 jogwheel : deck left jogwheel : var 'DeckRightDual' ? deck 2 jogwheel & deck 4 jogwheel : deck right jogwheel

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 6:11 pm
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
nice 1
thanks for the help :)

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 6:14 pm
AGIPRODJ.COM is selling it for $999.00 on Pre-Order

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 6:41 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj latin lou wrote :
AGIPRODJ.COM is selling it for $999.00 on Pre-Order

Audiolines.com has it for preorder as well, and they also have a %15 discount code "COLUMBUS" this weekend and free shipping = $849
My guess is that it's a mistake, but worth trying if you're planning to order one.

Posted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 12:22 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
getafix wrote :

action_deck 1 ? var 'DeckLeftDual' ? deck 1 jogwheel & deck 3 jogwheel : deck 1 jogwheel : action_deck 2 ? var 'DeckRightDual' ? deck 2 jogwheel & deck 4 jogwheel : deck 2 jogwheel : action_deck 3 ? var 'DeckLeftDual' ? deck 3 jogwheel & deck 1 jogwheel : deck 3 jogwheel : action_deck 4 ? var 'DeckRightDual' ? deck 4 jogwheel & deck 2 jogwheel : deck 4 jogwheel

device_side 'left' ? var 'DeckLeftDual' ? deck 1 jogwheel & deck 3 jogwheel : deck left jogwheel : var 'DeckRightDual' ? deck 2 jogwheel & deck 4 jogwheel : deck right jogwheel

And this is What's makes VDJ is dam good!!!
Now could I please get this code so that it works with timecodes, please???
There have been many times I've wanted to do this but could never figure it, lol!!

Thanks for the info
Huey

Posted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 12:31 pm
With timecodes I guess you would have to toggle beatlock between deck 1 & 3 for instance and rely on beatlock to catch up...
I haven't tried it but I guess it won't be so smooth as with a jogwheel / touchwheel

PS: The code I posted above also needs to assign the following code on the "touchwheel_touch" command of your controller:

action_deck 1 ? var 'DeckLeftDual' ? deck 1 touchwheel_touch & deck 3 touchwheel_touch : deck 1 touchwheel_touch : action_deck 2 ? var 'DeckRightDual' ? deck 2 touchwheel_touch & deck 4 touchwheel_touch : deck 2 touchwheel_touch : action_deck 3 ? var 'DeckLeftDual' ? deck 3 touchwheel_touch & deck 1 touchwheel_touch : deck 3 touchwheel_touch : action_deck 4 ? var 'DeckRightDual' ? deck 4 touchwheel_touch & deck 2 touchwheel_touch : deck 4 touchwheel_touch

Posted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 1:04 pm
I don't want them "beatlocked " that'd just get messy in a hurry. I'm thinking more along the lines of having my scratch record on deck 3 and my main track on 1, well on 1 There's a point I want to scratch but would also like the sound off of 3 scratching with it. So I guess it'd just be a toggle that would switch from controlling one deck to controlling both at the same time and for what I want it doesn't have to be "beatlocked "....

Hope that makes more sense.......

Posted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 1:21 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :
getafix wrote :

And this is What's makes VDJ is dam good!!!
Now could I please get this code so that it works with timecodes, please???
There have been many times I've wanted to do this but could never figure it, lol!!

Thanks for the info
Huey

Thats what makes VDJ very powerful and more superior than any of the DJ software in the market.

Posted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 4:20 pm
So... vdj, tell us when your ready mapping the thing pls!

Posted Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 10:02 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I don't want them "beatlocked " that'd just get messy in a hurry. I'm thinking more along the lines of having my scratch record on deck 3 and my main track on 1, well on 1 There's a point I want to scratch but would also like the sound off of 3 scratching with it. So I guess it'd just be a toggle that would switch from controlling one deck to controlling both at the same time and for what I want it doesn't have to be "beatlocked "....

Hope that makes more sense.......

It makes sense but it must be done in lower level of programming than VDJ Script. It's been very long since the last time I used timecodes but as far as I remember there's no way to assign a timecode signal to TWO decks at the same time...

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 12:39 am

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 11:22 am
Just to let you all know I saw it in the flesh at the weekend at the BPM show. Looks awesome in real life!! Really nice and high quality. Nice and big (much bigger than my vci400- about the same as an ns6 as you'd expect) but not over the top. Wasn't plugged in to anything though so I'm sure that means the new Serato software isn't ready... Maybe VDJ need to call up Pioneer and step in with a last minute mapping so they can get these bad boys into the shops without having to wait! :-D

By the way, virtual DJ was everywhere at BPM, pretty much all the big stands (and quite a few smaller ones) had laptops with VDJ on hooked up to various controllers. :-)

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 4:26 pm
andytaylor125 wrote :
Wasn't plugged in to anything though so I'm sure that means the new Serato software isn't ready... Maybe VDJ need to call up Pioneer and step in with a last minute mapping so they can get these bad boys into the shops without having to wait! :-D

Most likely Serato just wants to build a hype, and that's why you didn't see anything from it on the show. I can't believe that a company like Pioneer would state that they are going to release a product specifically designed for a software title in less than 3 weeks, if they weren't 100% sure that the program is already ready!

That being said, no serious company would break it's deal with another serious company at this point. Please remember ithat t doesn't just ships with the new Serato app. It's specially designed for it! Which means that both companies worked together in order to design this unit.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 4:34 pm
14%