Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

kpone9PRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 2:31 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Oh man, that is sweeeettttt!!! I rarely go bonkers for controllers, but this one got me salivating. I WANT ONE!!

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 8:29 am
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I not a huge fan of controllers, I more of the mixer and two deck guy, BUT damn that looks bad ass though probably way overpriced.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 9:15 am
SRP $1199

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 9:16 am
Nice, if expensive as usual for Pioneer. No dedicated mic channels though, have to use one of the 4 deck channels which is not great.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 9:22 am
Way better than having just a jack input & volume control though.

Who needs four channels 100% of the time? Need to make an announcement - flip the switch, say your bit and flip it back again.

I don't think it's expensive. Knowing what the Aero costs, I expected this to be more - but it's less.

It wil definitely affect sales of the Denon MC-6000 that's for sure.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 9:24 am
Can't actually see where the switch is to change the inputs, hopefully not on the back of the unit.

Keith

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 9:26 am
Input switches are on the front of unit. Shows them in the video on the other thread.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 9:28 am
I think i could cope with no dedicated mic channels though since you'll be able to PFL the mic using the uv metres on each channel before you turn it on. Just a little thing that would make switching from one source to the other a little easier. I have the vci400 at the mo and it has two dedicated mic channels but they don't even light up the master uv meters and there's no way to PFL them. I think this would be a better option than what I've got at the mo.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 9:28 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
groovindj wrote :
SRP $1199

That price is very competitive. I would've thought being Pioneer, it would be in the $1700+ range.

I am not a big fan of controllers either, nor do I use 4 channels. But being a stand alone mixers and having pad to launch samples and cue points. This is a great piece of gear. Step up from an NS6. I will definitely be considering getting this. Specially if there is a way to make it native to VDJ.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 9:29 am
All the input selector switchy things are on the front.

Whether switching the input away from PC will trouble the software is another thing.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 9:29 am
groovindj wrote :
It will definitely affect sales of the Denon MC-6000 that's for sure.

Probably, however Denon must be working on something to replace the MC-6000 by now, it's been out since December 2010!

Keith

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 9:31 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I want one for sure, although I don't think the price is confirmed, I'm predicting close to $2k.

I'm sure Denon are working on a similar unit with larger jogwheels (than the 6k), which I expect to be cheaper than the Pioneer and probably as good.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 11:29 am
Love that sampler volume slider.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 11:57 am
Just on sex appeal alone, I love this controller and the Numark 4Trax ........ loving the velocity pads, hopefully we'll be able to make use of those in 8......

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 12:17 pm
I'm thinking about getting one whether VDJ maps it or not.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 1:33 pm
DJRAVEMPRO InfinityMember since 2007
As a mobile guy, my big wish controller for Virtual DJ, would be a mix of the Denon MC-6000 decks with the mixer capabilities of the Pioneer DJM-5000. I have both units and love the features of both. Pioneer knobs and sliders feel more quality. I hope Pioneer would build a "Pro" controller like this for Virtual DJ.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 2:07 pm
godj30349 wrote :
I'm thinking about getting one whether VDJ maps it or not.

Same here..

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 2:55 pm
That's exactly what I have been begging for this whole time, it's nice to see that pioneer has finally gotten serious about it's controllers and has started listening to the people. I'm going to get one and I'm a Denon fanboy!

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 5:56 pm
HOLY! MOLY! BATMAN! What a beauty!!! I'm gonna sell my CDJ400s+DJM400 right away and buy this once it is mapped with VDJ.

Happy Mixing!
DJ Ariel

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 12:35 am
7%