Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 14

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys. I Downloaded Virtual DJ and the correct plug-ins to use with my pioneer DDJ-SX as the software was recommended to me however there seems to be a problem after a couple of hours and the tracks start to mess around. When sync'd together, the tracks fall apart and speed up/slow down. The tracks also become distorted and there are scratch/skipping noises coming from the tracks. The tracks also randomly swap over from eachother in the headphones whilst trying to mix. I have recorded a couple of videos if you would like to see more. I have become extremely frustrated with the software over the last few days and I have had to purchase and learn different Software for reassurance as I've been gigging all weekend. All of these problems became apparent at one of my live gigs this weekend and was extremely embarrasing and made me look like a bit of an idiot as the sounds that were coming through the speakers were terrible. I had to play half of the night working from Windows Media player and an iPhone which as im sure you can imagine was not ideal in a venue that holds a few hundred people wanting to listen to some good music!!
I have since spent a few hours trying to solve the problems with no success, however when I unplug the controller the software resumes to normality. When the controller is re-connected, the problem re-occurs. If I turn the controller off and then on again the problem goes away for a while and the returns an hour or so later. I have used the controller with alternative software and the issue is non existant.

I look forwward to hearing any help or advice from any of the technical minded people on here :)

Posted Sun 17 Mar 13 @ 6:45 pm
I have similar problems but different at the same time. After 4-5 hours of using the DDJ-SX with VDJ some buttons stop working and then finally it just freezes. It has happened at my club gig on many occassions. I tried updating firmware and it still did the same. It looks like it loses mapping control after a while. I replaced it with my nemark NS-6 and haven't had a problem so far but I do miss using the DDJ-SX. When I got it back in November it all seemed to work properly until February, flawlessly. Then it started crashing 3-4 times a night. I reinstalled VDJ and since then it has still happened but much less. More like once in 2 days.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 2:09 pm
funkmasterfrank wrote :
I have similar problems but different at the same time. After 4-5 hours of using the DDJ-SX with VDJ some buttons stop working and then finally it just freezes. It has happened at my club gig on many occassions. I tried updating firmware and it still did the same. It looks like it loses mapping control after a while. I replaced it with my nemark NS-6 and haven't had a problem so far but I do miss using the DDJ-SX. When I got it back in November it all seemed to work properly until February, flawlessly. Then it started crashing 3-4 times a night. I reinstalled VDJ and since then it has still happened but much less. More like once in 2 days.

Have you tried upping the latency for the DDJ-SX PIoneer always tend to set them too low I have done about 10 gigs now with mine and no issues. Average gig 7 hours long

Posted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 2:57 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djjameslake,

What's you're latency setting?
There is also an option "kernel buffers" somebody knows the meaning of it?

Here are my settings, I haven't done a gig so far with it, next weekend I'll do, cross my fingers it goes smooth.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 3:25 pm
johans wrote :
djjameslake,

What's you're latency setting?
There is also an option "kernel buffers" somebody knows the meaning of it?

Here are my settings, I haven't done a gig so far with it, next weekend I'll do, cross my fingers it goes smooth.

I will have to check when I have it plugged in next. Pretty sure I set it an 15ms and kernal buffers as 4

Posted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 3:45 pm

Posted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 5:57 pm
SintarPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Can anyone tell me exactly ow the Grid buttons work in VDJ? I'm using the official mapper btw, but they don't seem to do anything when I press them.

Cheers

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 4:16 am
Do you mean the slicer buttons?

These will jump to the appropriate beat number (E.g: Button 1 is 1/8, 2 is 2/8, etc.) and will play in a loop (Slip mode) while the button is held down. The song position will jump back to 'where it would have been' when you release the button.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 4:23 am
No, sorry I should explain better.

I meant the Grid adjust and slide buttons.

Thanks

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 4:28 am
They adjust the CBG (Computer Beat Grid) beneath the waveform, allowing you to correct this for songs where the squares don't line up with the beats of the waveform (This affects the operation of sync and automix.)

Grid adjust moves the squares 1 beat right or 1 beat left if you hold down SHIFT.

Grid slide when toggled on lets you manually fine adjust the position using the jogwheel.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 4:33 am
Cheers mate. Not sure when I'd need those buttons, on any occasion I've used the sync button it's been perfect.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 4:38 am
For most songs, you shouldn't need to adjust it.

However, for a few cases VirtualDJ might get it wrong, particularly if the song has a less distinct beat structure or has an intro (E.g: Talking part at beginning of music video.)

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 9:43 am
I saw there is a map for VDJ to the DDJ -SX for Windows PC, Is there one for a MAC?

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 11:38 am
It's the same. :)

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 11:47 am
Rnow3PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey Guys I was trying to map the effects 1-6 buttons to activate what ever effect I select and not a specific one i.e "effect Backspin active". I was able to do it by using "deck right effect active" but I'm not able to specify which button I'm pressing and all 3 effect buttons will light up. I would like to press one button and 1 effect and only 1 effect button light will turn on and be able to that with all 3 effect buttons. I tried using Phantoms as well as the Native Mappers but can't get it with neither. I'm also using it in Serato mode and have all the latest updates. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

Posted Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 9:19 pm
First of all you shouldn't type the deck.

Second, if you use effect slots (you must have a skin that shows multiple effect slots) then you can type:

Button1:
effect 1 active

Button2:
effect 2 active

Button3:
effect 3 active

Of course as I said you must have a skin that shows 3 different effect slots so that you can select which effect each slot holds!

Posted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 12:17 am
Rnow3PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks Phantom

Posted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 9:53 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Got the DDJSX yesterday and I've got it all set up, only issue is the latency on the platters. Can scratch drop all day long with vdj and my ns7, or with the ddj sx and serato, but ddjsx is way off with vdj. All of the buttons seem to be pretty on point, but the platters seem really weird. Its a big issue for me because a I'm so used to the moving platters on the ns7. I don't use hot cues too often except to jump to a certain part of a song then I drop the sound in with the platter. Hopefully there's an answer for this, if not I guess I'll just have to get used to it. Would go straight serato, but I use a ton of vdj's features, that aren't available on serato.

Posted Sat 20 Apr 13 @ 2:55 pm
ewoooLE userMember since 2013
So does anyone have an idea when the official vdj will be out for ddj sx. very keen to buy this but just want it make sure its fully compatble with vdj first.

Posted Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 9:49 pm
The DDJ-SX is already natively supported in the latest version of VirtualDJ.

There is no official version (DDJ-SX with VirtualDJ LE included) because the controller is currently bundled exclusively with Serato DJ. It can be used with other DJ software though including the latest full VirtualDJ Pro v7.4

If you already have the DDJ-SX, then you can try it out in VirtualDJ Home FREE before purchasing for 10 minutes at a time.

If you like it, then you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional to be able to use it with VirtualDJ.

NOTE: For best results, make sure that your computer is optimised for DJ performance and if you are using a PC, configure the latency in the DDJ-SX ASIO drivers as low as your computer can handle reliably without sound break-up.

Posted Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 4:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)