Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

@PhantonDeejay

We do have the Virtual DJ pro software purchased on my brothers computer we share it. I just created a account to try and get to the bottom of the this issue were having with the mapper we have everything VIrtual DJ pro, the up to date firmware, triple checked the right mapper is downloaded and cannot get it to work with the controller? The crossfader is the only thing that is working and it identifies it as the WEGO controller when you pull up the mapper we love virtual DJ and are just frustrated we don't know what we are doing wrong?

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 10:19 am

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 11:12 am

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 11:56 am
@djjameslake

This was big help for PhantomDeeJay, when he was makin´ his mapper for DDJ-Sx

Regards Tomas

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 12:32 pm

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 12:47 pm
Thanks for all the help guys!

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 1:01 pm
@foxracingr10

Does it help? Is it working now?

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 1:32 pm
SX arriving next week, finally long wait is over!

Some of you have the SX months already, how's the current performance of the unit with VDJ?
Is there any issues that still needs to be fixed? Is the current mapper "official" or still working on it before it became official?
Sorry for asking this as I'm lazy to re-read this thread again from the start, lol!

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 6:44 pm
@arielfm22

Sorry i´m too lazy answer, allready anwsered questions :-)
I think when you read this theard again, you will find here more answers regarding this controller.

Regards Tomas.

Posted Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 1:21 am
To make a long story short:
The current mapper is "unofficial". It has been created by me and not by Atomix Stuff.
The current mapper works fine for the vast majority of users.
The only known issue with this mapper is the JOG LED ring that might stop working on some occasions until you load a new track on the deck.
This issue does not affect the performance of the unit. It's only a "visual" issue.
Since I don't own the unit I can't solve this issue unless someone is willing to send me his unit to perform SEVERAL tests on it and find a solution.

An "official" mapper (a mapper created by Atomix Stuff) is on it's way. However there's no ETA about it's release.

Pretty much that's the resume of this thread.

PS: When you download the mapper make sure that you also download AND READ the PDF manual that comes with it on the same page!

Posted Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 3:18 am
Thinking of getting this. Not sure yet. I have the NS6, but thinking of getting the NS7 II once it can be mapped to VDJ(8?). However I hope a dedicated VDJ controller is released specifically for VDJ8.. So I'm stuck in a predicament and will probably just keep my NS6 and wait (and wait some more) for 8 to come out.

Anyway, I remember using Atomix on Windows 3.1 back in the day.. So much has changed. God I love this software. So many memories. Not a fan of Serito Itch at all.

Posted Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 10:06 pm
i have not done the update yet has it solved the mic issue?.. i use a beta 58 and can't believe how bad it sounds. i just ordered a sennheiser 835 because people on the pioneer forum says it works better. i have multiple mics and have tried all of them with this product. sm 58, pg58 akg, audio techincia mb3k, nady and even behringer. i can not get the mic response i want. have a couple of sets with the dennon mc 6000 and the pioneer blows them away with sound quaility but i have better mic with the dennon. i do use a sure 10bd attuenater on the dennon but that doesn't seem to help on the pioneer ddj sx

Posted Fri 22 Feb 13 @ 2:42 pm
No issues with the mic on the DDJ-SX here. All I did was adjust the output in VDJ config (volume headroom to 6db) and mic level is perfectly matched with no distortion. I use a Shure SM58 on XLR to channel 1 and a trance radio mic on channel 4

Posted Fri 22 Feb 13 @ 3:24 pm
Hi PhantonDeejay,I had posted that one of the decks was loading while playing with security enabled.I have figured out why and it has nothing to do with the mapper. This is within VIRTUAL DJ,I'm not sure if this is by default but when the crossfader is 100% opposite to the deck that is playing that deck can still be loaded even without any midi device connected.I had never noticed this because I always used an external sound card and crossfader was always centered within the software when in use.Also is there a way to map the unit without the mixer functions,except for the crossfader to use with an optional external sound card,it would be a little better control over the gain and the channel meters would hold,thank you and let me know if there is anything I could help with.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 13 @ 7:21 pm
PhantonDeejay,i removed the commands in the mapper myself,didn't realize it was that simple,thank you for your time and patience.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 13 @ 9:35 pm
In theory you shouldn't remove any commands at all.
When the unit switches the inputs to other than PC it doesn't send MIDI commands from the mixer section at all. So, there should be no need to remove commands from the mapper.
However I'm glad you got it working the way you want!

Posted Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 12:11 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
DjWestyle wrote :
Thinking of getting this. Not sure yet. I have the NS6, but thinking of getting the NS7 II once it can be mapped to VDJ(8?). However I hope a dedicated VDJ controller is released specifically for VDJ8.. So I'm stuck in a predicament and will probably just keep my NS6 and wait (and wait some more) for 8 to come out.

Anyway, I remember using Atomix on Windows 3.1 back in the day.. So much has changed. God I love this software. So many memories. Not a fan of Serito Itch at all.

I sold my NS6 and got the DDJ SX. I couldn't be happier. Have downloaded the mapper for VDJ, but its just not the same. PhantomDeejay did a wonderful job, but the DDJ SX being native to Serato DJ, just works better on Serato DJ. So I am using it with that software for now, until it becomes native to VDJ. We'll see what happens then.

I must say, that Serato DJ has so far proven itself to be a great and very intuitive software.

Posted Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 8:19 am
xcakid wrote :
DjWestyle wrote :

I sold my NS6 and got the DDJ SX. I couldn't be happier. Have downloaded the mapper for VDJ, but its just not the same. PhantomDeejay did a wonderful job, but the DDJ SX being native to Serato DJ, just works better on Serato DJ. So I am using it with that software for now, until it becomes native to VDJ. We'll see what happens then.

I must say, that Serato DJ has so far proven itself to be a great and very intuitive software.

I found the opposite. Serato DJ is terrible software

Posted Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 9:01 am
@Tjeck1972
Sorry I haven't wrote back sooner but no it still didn't work we downloaded the update too we have just been using serato and I just bought my own DDJ SX. I think the best way will just be if I post a quick video show first to last step so maybe someone can catch our error?
Thanks again for all the support I will post the video tonight.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 13 @ 11:51 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

DDJ-SX is a way too complex unit.
For instance the "A, THRU, B" switch is a GROUP of three switches for Pioneer. The most important thing is that both 3 switches change status all-together in a Matrix way. It's too technical to explain, but there was a very good reason why the "while_pressed" command was used there. Also since using a 2 decks skin "binds" the controls of deck 1 & 3 together (same rule goes for decks 2 & 4) there was a very damn good reason why the "get decks 4 ?" command was used too!
If you change the command to just "cross_assing 'something'" it will not work correctly with 2 deck skins!

How do I crossfader assign using the DDJ-SX switches?

Thanks

Posted Fri 01 Mar 13 @ 3:39 pm
93%