Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

@ foxracingrider10

Only PRO version of VirtualDJ support controllers. Please register your copy and download latest ver. of VDJ.
To get PRO go here http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Best regards Tomas

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 8:02 am
@Tjeck1972
Sorry I should have clarified my brother is setting up my virtual dj pro today I just have to download it. We were going through the process on my brothers virtual dj pro account and he has the latest version. This is his info bellow and he tried posting but just didn't get a response and were still stump but know it works cause we hear everyone and how good the mapping was but can't seem to pin point our mistake?

tannerr44

Professional edition user
[Country: US] [VirtualDJ Pro]

[old post] Posted Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 9:12 pm
So I did the firmware update, put the ddj sx in other than serato mode, have the mapper downloaded and have the audio settings put to what everyone has said and the controller still wont work with virtual dj. Any ideas, a quick response would be awesome as I need this to be working in 8 hours. Thank you

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 10:02 am
@foxracingrider10
What do you see when you open mapper tab in VDJ config. Do your Mac(PC ) identify your ddj-sx? If no instell (reinstall) DDJ-SX drivers.
All you need is here http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/software/DDJ-SX/page.html
Sorry i do not have any idea how drivers works on Mac:-(

Best regards Tomas.

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 10:10 am
On MAC's users can change the driver name of the midi port.
So please make sure that it's named:

PIONEER DDJ-SX

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 2:15 pm
Greetings, the FX does not activate with my ddj sx and VDJ, that may be? Here is my setup, for the person who said so sarcastic in my country had not made ​​the launch of the SX, (TELL NO TO RACISM) ... Thanks for the help ...

Posted Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 12:23 pm
You need to read the instructions for the mapper, there are some effects you need to download

Posted Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 12:39 pm
is there anyway to map the mic talkover button to just turn the mic on or off. I use a beta 58 and have no switch on it. the little button to switch inputs on the pioneer unit is too small and to hard to switch in the dark

thanks
sam

Posted Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 1:19 am
The MIC input is hardware controlled. I'm afraid that you can't do anything about that....

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 12:32 am
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there a way to have this controller access your hard drive to select music.
The reason I'm asking is because a friend just had a little problem with controller
handling his large music library.

He's telling me that he needs to input his music into the unit...

This don't sound right to me.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 1:05 pm
Yes, that doesn't sound (is not) right.
The unit itself CAN'T read USB drives/memory sticks.
Perhaps your friend confused DDJ SX with XDJ Aero???

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 2:00 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Well, he just got the DDJ-SX at the MB Las Vegas.

So this controller CAN'T read USB memory sticks but
how about his computer hard drive...???

He also said (he read somewhere) that this controller has a limit on how many songs (or files) it can search for.
I believe the number was 35,000 but I own twice that.

I told him that there should be a way this controller can access his computer's hard drive.

Is this right, is there a setting (For that price there should be)...??? :)

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 2:43 pm
CadDog wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Well, he just got the DDJ-SX at the MB Las Vegas.

So this controller CAN'T read USB memory sticks but
how about his computer hard drive...???

He also said (he read somewhere) that this controller has a limit on how many songs (or files) it can search for.
I believe the number was 35,000 but I own twice that.

I told him that there should be a way this controller can access his computer's hard drive.

Is this right, is there a setting (For that price there should be)...??? :)

Its a controller for a laptop for controlling the software, it will not play from memory sticks or hard drives. The drives need to be attached to the laptop.

There is no limit on the number of tracks

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 2:50 pm
djjameslake wrote :

Its a controller for a laptop for controlling the software, it will not play from memory sticks or hard drives. The drives need to be attached to the laptop.

There is no limit on the number of tracks

I got that djjameshake, maybe I didn't type it right.

My friend has own Serato (even after I told him that VDJ was better) for a year and has all his music on his laptop computer.

He connects this laptop where he has his Serato software install but
when he was playing the other night he found this controller taking a loooong time finding and loading his tracks.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 3:05 pm
Could be a whole heap of things. lack of memory, drives needing defragmenting, database needing cleaning & fixing.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 3:22 pm
Then perhaps that's a Serato limitation or bug.
A controller (because that's what's this all about) CONTROLS the software. The SOFTWARE ITSELF is responcible for reading/accessing your hard drives. NOT the controller.

It's as simple as that... :)

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 3:27 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Then perhaps that's a Serato limitation or bug.
A controller (because that's what's this all about) CONTROLS the software. The SOFTWARE ITSELF is responcible for reading/accessing your hard drives. NOT the controller.

It's as simple as that... :)

Wow, I didn't think of that...
Plus, may have not wanted to tell him that his software is the problem... :)

Great to be able again to share ideas and knowledge...

Thanks for both of your inputs...

On another note: My friend tells me that ddj-sx has master beat mix...
It's about time Serato catches up with us... hahahaha

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 3:34 pm
I would buy this controller but I don't like that it has Serato on it and in it...
Said what you like but once an VDJ using always a DVJ using.

But really until there's another software proven better.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 5:18 pm
I tried serato dj that came with the DDJ-SX and all I can say is what a load of over hyped rubbish.

Simple things like adding files to the database crashed serato. Itunes library crashed with large library every launch

The crates where pathetic as well when compared to VDJ folders.

BTW the DDJ-SX rocks with VDJ Pro, very happy indeed, does everything Serato DJ does and a whole heap more :-)

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 6:14 pm
@Tjeck1972 & PhantonDeejay
So when I open the mapper it identifies it as the DJ WEGO controller and we double checked to make sure the correct mapper is downloaded and the only thing the works right is the crossfader Im so stumped?

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 8:29 pm
Add-ons are for Registered users only. You wil need to purchase the software to be able to download add-ons: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html For mapper downloads you will need the PRO FULL version.
If you like VirtualDJ, please support the software and its future development by purchasing it (Especially if you are a working DJ and you are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)
Thanks!

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 1:19 am
86%