Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Hercules DJConsole RMX2 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
ummmm that hook at the back of the controller.. what is it?

Posted Sat 29 Sep 12 @ 11:31 pm
I recently got a Stanton DJC.4 and this thing blows a RMX out of the water!! And it was only 350US dollars......

Posted Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 12:48 am
I just picked up one of these controllers for $280 on EBay brand new... Wanted to share that not only is the build quality great, but the sound quality is awesome! I have been using V7s and their sound quality compared to the RMX2 is poor.. I just wanted to let everyone know what a great little package this is.. Comes with a carrying bag.. I bought it for the XLR mic in and XLR mains out... This was going to be used as a backup controller but the sound is so great it might be used as my main controller until I can try out a DDJS1.. I hadn't seen much on it so I was curious to see how it would be.. Not much on Youtube or even the VDJ site here... So if you need a backup controller or are starting out I would definitely grab one of these bad boys.. For $300 average price this is a steal.. After playing with it for a bit the only issue I found is when you turn on the mic it comes on @ full gain even though the knob is turned all the way down.. Already emailed support so we'll see what comes of it..

Posted Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 7:58 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I recently got a Stanton DJC.4 and this thing blows a RMX out of the water!! And it was only 350US dollars......

Have you tried the RMX2 yet? The soundcard is outstanding at this price point.

Posted Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 9:42 am
I use an Audio 8 Adam.......

Posted Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 10:27 am
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
pseft wrote :
ummmm that hook at the back of the controller.. what is it?

It's for you to rap the power cord and the usb cord around it, to avoid accidental disconnections

Posted Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 6:17 pm
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
High-resolution audio: 96KHz/24-bit on the sound, just SICK! I love the sound on this thing and for a scratch DJ, once used to the jogwheel, pure sweetness! No more pac man sounding like on the original RMX!

Posted Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 6:19 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 5:36 am
yeah,, been there done that!

Posted Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 4:24 pm
TRANSLATED..................

Hercules RMX 2 - Review

03/10/2012 - After 4 years from 'huge success of the Hercules DJ Console RMX console updates its mythical reference and brings to market the RMX 2, which together with the 4-Mx strengthens and consolidates the console market Semi- Professional designed for a wide range of DJ, from the expert to beginner.

This review is for all DJs talented new generation looking for a professional product that combines performance, versatility and mobility at a reasonable price, but also to the holders of the first model that surely will already be shuddering and immediately take the new RMX 2 having different novelties.

First impressions
Open the package you can see the console well protected all 'inside of its carrying case, which like all other consoles semi-professional home Hercules is included, then the box includes a USB cable to connect it, the' feeder, instructions Multilingual (including Italian), the warranty, the CD containing the ASIO driver for PC and MAC and software VirtualDJ LE and DJUCED always for PC and Mac
The console is 35 cm wide, 25 cm long and 7 cm high (in elevation also includes the footprint of the potentiometers) The weight is 2.6 kg despite the chassis is all metal weight is relatively low and the robustness the console is really good.

Specifications and design
L 'units can contain a lot of buttons, faders, encoders and two large jog in a compact area, without making the surface too full or uncomfortable.

The most interesting of this console are in my opinion the new rubbery keys that have a good answer to the touch, "they click" and are perfect to stop repeated and highly responsive mechanical, other real new audio outputs are balanced and the ' dedicated output for the light box.
Among other significant developments sprouting PAD commands doubled thanks to the SHIFT and the large touch-sensitive jog wheel, special introduced in the past on other consoles now find all expertly combined in this new console.

In the top panel are a total of 36 keys, of which 30 are backlit and easily recognizable even in the dark, 4 +4 pad also backlit, 2 faders for pitch, 2 volume faders with relative places vu-meter in side the crossfader, 14 rotary potentiometers including 2 places over the area of the pad stroke rotary infinite and 2 large and very precise jog wheels with a diameter of 10.5 cm. All faders and rotary potentiometers present work in MIDI mode to 14 bit (MSB + LSB) and provide pinpoint accuracy for mixing.

The sliders have the right length: the hardest ones in volumes and looser the crossfader, which can also be easily replaced by the model Mini-Innofader (designed for lovers of extreme scratch).
Precise and click the central pitch 40mm long, precise and rotary knob are also part of the mixer have the right socket (without regretting any other component of the common DJ mixer).

Part of the audio connections are shown in the upper panel: in the upper right we find the headphone jack to Jack 6.3 mm with its settings, very useful in the case in which the console is placed inside a fly homes.
On the opposite side there is a new dual-microphone connector Cannon XLR / Jack, equipped with a side button to activate with potentiometer for adjusting the volume, compared to the old models of Hercules console hardware now gain of the channel was increased several dB due to this change, you can use a wider range of microphones.

The jog wheels are almost identical to those seen on the 4-Mx DJ and 4SET; Hercules has in fact used their now classic technology as precise as reliable sensors that allow the DJ to scratch or pause / resume playback of a song simply by varying slightly the pressure of his hands on the jog itself.
E 'has always priority in the house Hercules the use of this type of detection for the mechanical jog, so as to operate in any condition and without any interference with the electronic detection: an electronic sensor, usually capacitive, may in fact be disturbed by' static electricity, the tubular structures of the lighting, as well as carpeting or shoes which electrically insulate the DJ.

Under the central wheel of the master volume we find the key that allows Scratch precisely to enable / disable the scratch of both jog in order to use them just to pitch bendind (ie manually adjust the beat of the song start entering, very common practice for those who vinyl mix by ear and without using the Sync).

The progressive pressure of the pads (which have a dynamic of 7 bits or 128 steps), it works on DJUCED 40 ° and according to the pressure will be for example possible to modulate the volume of a sample or the size of an audio effect; such functionality not however, will be present on VirtualDJ 7 LE, you can perhaps use of LE 8 VDJ, if the team VirtualDJ implements this function now is not mappable.

The wheels shown above each deck pad 2 4 +4 send midi signals differ depending on the mode in which you will find the pad, I write 4 +4 because that console is equipped SHIFT key so according to the selected mode will remap VirtualDJ PRO bidding on up to 8 different functions. Of VirtualDJ LE and DJUCED 40 ° in the present case, the basic functions have already been mapped by Hercules to modulate the ultimate control associated with the pad just touched and can not be changed.

In the connections on the front we find only the headphone jack to Jack 6.3 mm, which can be used as an alternative to that present in the top panel.

In the back we find instead a double pair of RCA stereo used to connect analog audio sources such as CD players, MP3 players or turntables in case of connecting turntables with mass separated (like the classic Technics SL-1200) will need to connect their ground wires to the appropriate terminals Ground.

Then rolling to the right there are two separate outputs balanced (Balanced Out 1-2 of Double Cannon XLR) particularly suitable for connections with active speakers, the output 3-4 for use with external mixer console, there is also a 'unbalanced stereo output (Booth Out 1-2 of 2 RCA) that allows DJs to be able to connect to a comfortable cash or common light hi-fi from home.

It remains, finally, the USB to connect our computer to the console, the 'on / off switch, a convenient hook anti disconnecting cables and the connector for the' external power adapter required and included in the box.

The analysis of the integrated sound card
The integrated sound card uses the 'great digital / analog converter (DAC) Wolfson WM8776 which ensures that audio outputs a high level of sound quality (108dB SNR -' A 'weighted @ 48kHz) working with a sampling frequency between 32kHz and variable 192kHz.
Even on the side of the inputs' s ADC ensures a good quality (102dB SNR - 'A' weighted @ 48KHz), always working with a sampling frequency variable between 32kHz and 96kHz.
Such high frequencies of sampling are possible thanks to the USB 2.0 port.

What does it mean that the sound card of the RMX 2 has a 96kHz/24-bit audio quality?
The digital audio files are made ​​by dividing the audio signal at regular time intervals: 96000 intervals per second resulting in 96 KHz and each time the sound data is saved in 16-bit or 24-bit, 96kHz/24-bit corresponds therefore to a better sound quality of the audio CD burned or municipalities MP3 ripped at 44.1 kHz/16-bit.

What real benefits can be drawn from the DJ to 96kHz/24-bit format?
With traces mastered 24-bit/96kHz the mix will sound better on an interface 96 kHz/24-bit than interface 16-bit/44, 1kHz, while traces burn at 44.1 kHz/16-bit ( Audio CDs) will sound better on a device 24-bit/96kHz than they do in a 16-bit/44, 1kHz.

iTunes offers audio tracks "Burn to iTunes" to 96kHz/24-bit, you know?
The DeeJay tracks that mix to Burn iTunes get higher quality sound of 96kHz/24-bit audio interfaces. The DJ / Producer who wish to sell their tracks as iTunes Masterizzatie to need a sound card with a high resolution such as the RMX 2.

You're bored with speeches technical facts above? Ok let us turn to a practical test of listening.
Using a pair of excellent speakers CERWIN VEGA - 28 X CVA for master balanced audio outputs, and a cash WHARFEDALE PRO - Titan 12 connected to the output booth (light) biased, I assure you that the sound quality is high.
The power and sound definition of 'headphone output is good and I have personally seen connecting professional DJ headphones like the Monster Beats MIXR David Guetta, Hercules HDP DJ-Pro M1001, AIAIAI TMA-1 and Stanton DJ PRO 3000. The fact that the console is powered by a dedicated transformer provides a large volume on both the master outputs / spy on that channel headphone undoubtedly higher than competitors console powered only by USB.

Driver and control panel Hercules
On Windows operating systems are new ASIO driver HDJA, rewritten specifically for the new console, which provide low latency, in addition there are also the classic multi-channel WDM. On Mac OS X, the aggregate of the Core Audio is automatically set after 'installation (the driver has been universal for all consoles Hercules).
If you have a 64-bit operating system, be it Mac OS X or Windows 7, you'll be able to handle the resolution 96kHz/24-bit without increasing the least latency.

Among the options available in the very complete driver panel we see the ability to:
- Adjust volumes and balancing of the output channels, with a possibility of adjustment for the dedicated cash indicator
- Select the type and the relative volume level of the input
- Adjust sensitivity and eventual decommissioning of Jog
- Activate and adjust the volume of intervention of the button Talkover
- Set the cutting curve hardware crossfader
- Select the number of the MIDI channel of the console (useful when using multiple midi devices on the same computer)
- Select channel 1-2 or 3-4 of the 'headphone
- Adjust the USB buffer and the number of samples (latency) of the buffer ASIO (PC only)
- Enable or disable the velocity pads

I advise you to carefully read the manual, where each option in the panel is perfectly described specifically. I invite you then to periodically check the driver version installed, so you can always at top performance Hercules update their drivers very often.

Test PC and MAC with VirtualDJ LE, DJUCED 40 ° and Traktor PRO
The 'operation is straightforward: simply install the drivers and bundled software preferred, connect power supply, speakers, headphones, and finally the console to your PC or Mac via the included USB cable and you're ready to mix!
I was pleasantly surprised to see that the console has been fully acknowledged by my new computer Asus N56VM-S4125V with only USB 3.0 ports.

DJConsole RMX 2 will be accompanied by renowned VirtualDJ 7 LE software, free update to version 8 LE when it comes out (it comes to Christmas) and DJUCED 40 ° (the evolution of DJUCED, born for small console Hercules AIR and Instinct).
The LE version of Virtual DJ includes functions for: the synchronization of tracks, creating loops machines, the ability to use HotCue 4 +4, 4 +4 Sample a variety of effects and audio and even video. You can also record their mixes as audio files, and also try videomix, the skin of VirtualDJ has in fact a panel dedicated to the videomix, the 'only limit is that the window out of the master video can not be expanded to full screen on the secondary monitor or projector connected (need the PRO version for it).

DJUCED 40 ° is the new mixing software made ​​in Hercules and has been developed on the layout of this new console and offers unrivaled crystal clear audio, combined with support for up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio resolution and above has no limitation on functions unlike VirtualDJ LE.

Sull 'latest version 7.1 of VirtualDJ PRO, exit right now, the console is supported natively and it is not known whether it will be also released VirtualDJ LE 7.1 dedicated to the RMX 2 or if we have to wait 8 VirtualDJ LE.
And if you ever need to have advanced features, I suggest you download my mapper mapper pack that includes all consoles including of course the Hercules RMX 2, can be found here: http://www.virtualdj.com/ addons/8336/Hercules_Mapper_Pack.html

Traktor Pro 2.5 you must download the mapper dedicated to allow the operation of all the various buttons and LEDs in a configuration with 2 deck + 2 remix deck, can be found here http://ts.hercules.com/it/index.php ? view_files pg = & gid = 17 & fid = 62 & pid = 308 & cid = 10

Minimum configuration
PC minimum requirements:
Windows XP/Vista/7 32-bit or 64-bit
CPU Core2 Duo or AMD 64-bit 1.6 GHz or higher
2GB or more of RAM
USB 2.0 or 3.0

Mac minimum requirements:
Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8
CPU Core2 Duo or higher
2GB or more of RAM
USB 2.0 or 3.0

Conclusions
The overall build quality, the new keys and the excellent performance of its new soundcard are undoubtedly shine among the consoles dedicated to 'use "semi-professional".
Of all the consoles that I have personally tested and reviewed the Hercules house this is definitely the best, from creator of the first Hercules DJ console is keen to remain first on the podium.

ADVANTAGES
- Arrangement of optimal controls
- The 4 +4 Pad are used in a very creative software DJUCED 40 °
- Compared with the jog wheel of the first model of the RMX these are much larger and functional
- The new sound card, combined with the speed of the buffer USB 2.0 Hi-Speed ​​interface ensures ultra-low latency and a 'quality of' audio output
- Very complete side audio connections, there are in fact inputs and outputs

DEFECTS
- The volume of the 'cash for light output is only possible from the panel driver Hercules, would be more comfortable potentiometer physical place in the back of the console
- From the DJ old school would surely have been appreciated levers pitch longer, but being so compact you certainly can not have everything

Hercules RMX DJConsole 2 is available at the retail price of 299 € including VAT.

Posted Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 6:22 pm
I won one of these controllers in Vegas at the VDJC2. DVDJ Biggie is a Hercules Pro rep, and uses one. He did a set in the VDJ booth, and rocked. I have not had the time to play with it yet, but it may replace my mc6000, in the clubs during the week. I say may, because I love my 6000, but I may not need it, because of space in one of my booths. I just need some time off to play with it.

Posted Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 9:43 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I won one of these controllers in Vegas

What! I been saving my nickels and dimes to get this and you just go off and win one:(

Posted Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 9:54 pm
Yo, what can I say.

Posted Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 10:08 pm

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 8:03 am
AMaHM ....... take the day off ......

tell 'em Chuck said it was ok .......

he won it ..... i see ......

the competition was what, the brazilians vs. the factory rep ??

so where is the rep now ?

detailing Ambrosia's mercedes .... i understand ......

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 1:58 pm
You're not gonna believe this, but I won a RMX, in a Marathon case, a few years ago, at the DJ Times convention in AC. I have used it once for an out door wedding/cocktail hour. The reception was inside where I had my main unit. Thanks for the comparison, great job. I have some time today, so will play with the RMX2.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 2:09 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
AMaHM ....... take the day off ......

tell 'em Chuck said it was ok .......

I'm off today, but that just means I have to buy new videos, and practice. Have to spin Sunday & Monday. How you doing down there in Florida and how is your mother?

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 2:12 pm
so ..... you won it with a marathon case and used it once......

you know, there are starving DJ's uhh somewhere ......

my mom is doing great fortunately,thank you for asking, and i am loving being back in FL (i was born in jacksonville)

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 2:32 pm
These functions have been removed! You taking the piss.

- Pitch Reset Buttons
- Beat Lock Buttons
- Left/Right Balance Rotary Knob
- Mic input on the Front Panel
- Stop track / Return to beginning of track Button

To be honest I think they have removed some very good functions and replaced them with.. pitch buttons lol. What are the fancy joggs for then? Stupid

Posted Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 11:20 am
I still have not had the time to play with, but I will miss the pitch reset button, I use this all the time.

Posted Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 1:36 pm
85%