Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Hercules DJConsole RMX2 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

rusmokingtoo wrote :
Terrible! I would prefer the original RMX over this. Nothing new here, no forward thinking, no real evolution. It actually looks more like a toy than the 1st gen. I do appreciate all the extra room in the spacing. Many controllers cram too much crap too close together. That's the only compliment I can give. But overall the layout is bad. I wish they would of tried something new and made it twice as long- instead of using the exact same size. I'm not even interested in the quality or if it has any advancements in sound or playability.

The 4-Mix is larger....

This is good upgrade over the original which I have, miss the touch decks because being a typical hip hop DJ with the standard jogs and the LE software = No Win

I was about to start saving to get the 4-Set, but this about ideal. What I don't like is many of these you can not demo, at least at my local Sam Ash and Guitar Center's don't have them setup just the Pioneer and other high end (read: expensive) Midi Controllers.

That's okay if I buy one unseen I don't use the buttons that much anyway having for big pads is a nice addition IMHO, I am not a trance/house DJ and don't need all the funky effect to rock the party like many of you seem to - Since 1986

Posted Sun 15 Jul 12 @ 11:32 pm
I've gota admit. Rmx2 looks sexy. I'm either getting this or TTs. I'm just wondering if version 8 isn't ready by then, will my vdj7 pro be able to run it?..

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 3:10 am
yes, vdj pro can use any HID/midi controller, you will just need to use a mapper which with either atomix or the user coice will provide.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 3:17 am
for djs who are skilled mixers this controller is a home run!!! honestly the only controller messing with this one is the new behringer studio 4a

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 7:46 pm
Well to play Devil's Advocate...I really see no difference other than the XLR hookups, larger jogs and 4 touch pads (in place of the old push buttons, whoopee! We ARE STILL HAVING TO SHIFT PPL.!)... and a promised, better sound card (although no one complained about the sound before...exactly the opposite)....so I see no major differences either...I would have liked to see a nice wide console on par with the NS6 along with them making the new RMX II 4 deck would have been nice (the Herc. 4-Mix sound is subpar) as well as a minimum TWO effects parameter knobs, MINIMUM....EVERY EFFECT in VDJ has at least 2 sliders, most 3 to 4...... but alas there is still ONLY ONE!....WTF?...........Sad...so much more potential....Improved jogs, so what? ...who is going to buy this to scratch on?...this is, and always has been a EDM style console....

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 9:54 pm
jusblaze246 wrote :
as well as a minimum TWO effects parameter knobs, MINIMUM....EVERY EFFECT in VDJ has at least 2 sliders, most 3 to 4...... but alas there is still ONLY ONE!....WTF?

Thats because EVERY other programs effects only use ONE parameter knob while the other is an amount knob. I find VDJ's effects to bulky to use and the amount of mapping is to much for most users. There should be an advanced user effect and a simple user effect in my opinion..........kinda like with Serato.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 10:21 pm
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I will be replacing the 1st RMX with this one come next month, Just hope I can get a decent deal at the Expo, even thought it is already dirt cheap compared to most on the market!

Posted Sat 21 Jul 12 @ 3:18 pm
The current RMX soundcard is crap and loads of people complained about it, most noticeable when linked into a channel and up against a CDJ DJ.

Will new RMX work without that phone adaptor/power lead? if so I'll get one, if not Ill leave it.

I never had a decent controller to be able to mess with the fx parameters properly within VDJ.

Posted Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 3:41 am
Charlie Wilson wrote :
The current RMX soundcard is crap and loads of people complained about it.

First person I ever heard that from...
Drinking now, Cheers

Posted Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 3:56 am
Push the gain knobs past 50% and you'll see what I mean! link the RMX into a channel on a DJM800 and put it agains a CD on another channel and you'll see how much extra gain you need for the two to be comparable.

If people think the RMX soundcard is kickin it then they must have much lower standards than I and a complete lack of knowledge with regard to PA equipment by not even been able to carry out this test to judge the quality.

I'm drinking and smoking! top that.

Posted Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 10:18 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
jusblaze246 wrote :
as well as a minimum TWO effects parameter knobs, MINIMUM....EVERY EFFECT in VDJ has at least 2 sliders, most 3 to 4...... but alas there is still ONLY ONE!....WTF?

Thats because EVERY other programs effects only use ONE parameter knob while the other is an amount knob. I find VDJ's effects to bulky to use and the amount of mapping is to much for most users. There should be an advanced user effect and a simple user effect in my opinion..........kinda like with Serato.

So Beatbreaker, how are you using VDJ effects or what is your setup/recommendation?....right now I have a wet/dry knob and One parameter knob and the other effects parameters I have to control with a mouse or touch-pad.....Very difficult and really takes the fun out of the transitions for me.....How are ppl. using these VDJ effects w/out all of the advanced mappings to multiple knobs using shift commands and the like?..... You are right, the scripting is too complicated to try and resolve over forum chat, maybe face to face I could start to understand it a bit more....Frustrating.....

Posted Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 3:09 pm
Simple, I dont. I dont use audio effects with VDJ.

Now I do have a Korg NanoKontrol mapped out for video effect, I find those straight forward and less of a hassle to use.

I find that the effect creators are not on the same page, one guy might make his wet/dry slider the 2nd or 3rd slider down where as another will make his the first one. Some effects just have to much going on, things dont always need to be so complex. Or like Ive said in the past, make 2 sets of effects, 1. the complex stuff we have now for those who want all the control and 2. only need to have an amount slider and a wet/dry slider for people like me.

Posted Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 3:36 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Simple, I dont. I dont use audio effects with VDJ.

Now I do have a Korg NanoKontrol mapped out for video effect, I find those straight forward and less of a hassle to use.

I find that the effect creators are not on the same page, one guy might make his wet/dry slider the 2nd or 3rd slider down where as another will make his the first one. Some effects just have to much going on, things dont always need to be so complex. Or like Ive said in the past, make 2 sets of effects, 1. the complex stuff we have now for those who want all the control and 2. only need to have an amount slider and a wet/dry slider for people like me.

I understand...I do like to use the effects on my transitions like Echo Doppler, loop out, delays, white noise, etc.......Seems like the effects authors are the guys that are "code/script junkies"....I can grasp that a bit, and possibly could if it was explained face to face, but the mappings get way to complex and un-fun quickly......Simple effects guys...2 knobs and maybe 5 good effects.....PLEASE!

I really would like to learn and incorporate many of the techniques of the controllerists i see, but I do not want to have to go over to Traktor to efficiently do it...I am happy with VDJ, but it really lacks in this area....Traktor has all of the pre-made .tsi files with tons of nice chained effects groups ALREADY MAPPED....I wish we had that..That way we could be creativ, musically without writing scripts for a hour to do it!....

What do like to do on your transitions Beat?...other than blending of course........

Posted Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 5:46 pm
Well sometimes I'll use the loopout, or I'll do a backspin (not the effect either), I'll scratch in or out, I've used the noise bell effect also. All in all I don't really use the effects with VDJ.

Don't get wrong, they are good and sound OK but it's all to complex to setup and use live (well that's my opinion ).

Posted Mon 23 Jul 12 @ 12:50 pm
According to most websites the hercules rmx 2 is being shipped with virtual 8. This has gone on sale today. Are we close to an update?

Posted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 12:50 pm
From the Hercules Facebook page:

"To clear things up a bit about VDJ 8 and RMX 2, since this new version of Virtual DJ isn't available yet, you'll find VDJ 7 LE in the RMX 2 box. Then you will be able to upgrade it for free when VDJ 8 out."

Posted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 1:07 pm
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The Software it comes with is VDJ7 LE and Hercules new software call "Juiced" which reminds me of traktor a little. The RMX is a tight piece and you'll have my full review after the release on Wednesday evening, 9/12! Hit me up for the link, if you want to see the webcast, I'll be doing live from the event in Brooklyn NY

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 9:48 pm
hi

Just got my rmx2 set up and running in vdj v7.05b. You will need to grab the controller mapper from the download section.

Only problem that I've had so far is getting the rack ears on. There are different size holes for the screws compared to the rmx 1. Got it sorted with some screws that are used for holding a computer motherboard in a desktop case.

Doing a gig later tonight, so will let you know how it works out.

Kieran

Posted Wed 19 Sep 12 @ 7:11 pm
ok , did the company use there brain this time. I got the mk4 , the rmx but the rmx didnt make the lights in all the buttons. its a huge pain as you cant tell what sample you just pressed.. you need to load the new skin that is unreal it came out reicently and then program it to it. did they add the ability in the le version to adjust the sound cards that was a real drawback in the mk4. its still a issue.. thank god im pro user not a le because it would have sucked. Yes, I tired it to see what it offered . we sell this stuff at work..

Posted Wed 19 Sep 12 @ 10:55 pm
I have the Hercules RMX-1 (old model) and have ordered the NEW Hercules RMX-2 and wanted to know if the Rack-ears fit the NEW model and all i would need is use a different set of screws instead of the ones on the RMX-1

Posted Sat 29 Sep 12 @ 3:32 pm
56%