Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES RMX 2 REVIEWS from 1st EDITION OWNERS!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anyone who owned the RMX please provide reviews on the new RMX2? I'm looking for an easily mobile replacement and I have always found the RMx to be a great reliable portable controller. Of course, there were some indentifiable improvements needed on the 1st edition, but I would love to hear your reviews on the 2nd edition.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 4:46 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 5:36 am
Hi, I took delivery of the RMX 2 a couple of days back and hopefully will get a video up comparing it to the RMX 1 over the weekend as I now have both.

In short though some features have been added, some removed and some improved upon in this new incarnation of the RMX.

*Removed*

- 1/4" Jack Outputs on the rear
- Pitch Reset Buttons
- Beat Lock Buttons
- Left/Right Balance Rotary Knob
- Mic input on the Front Panel
- Central Master Volume Fader (Replaced with a Rotary Knob)
- Stop track / Return to beginning of track Button
- Tension Control for the Jog Wheels

*Added*

- Balanced XLR Outputs on the rear for Channels 1 & 2
- RCA Booth Outputs on the rear for Channels 1 & 2
- VU Meters for each Deck
- Pitch Bend Buttons for each deck.
- 8 touch pads (4 on each deck)
- Mode Button for the touch pads (one for each deck & these work independantly of each other)
- Mode Selection indicator *Loop* Effect* Sample* Cue* ( one for each deck)
- Shift Button ( This allows you to use the touch pads to either delete a cue point whilst in cue mode or modulate an effects parameter in effects mode)
- On/Off Switch

*Improved*

- Mic Input On Top Panel is now a Balanced XLR/ 1/4" Combi Input
- Jog Wheels are Far more substantial with a better "feel" than on the original RMX and are now touch sensitive.
- Sound Quality is absolutely Mind Blowing !!!! ( I could not believe my ears when I fired this baby up for the first time !!)
- The Buttons/Faders and Rotary Knobs work flawlessly (unlike on my original RMX where the pitch slider seems to have a mind of its own)
- The unit is not dependant on USB power it has a power input so it can be used as a standalone mixer ( So if your laptop crashes you can at least talk on the mic or feed a backup source of music into one of the external line inputs whilst you reboot )
- Improved illumination of control buttons. (It lights up like the cockpit of a Boeing 747 lol )

I am seriously impressed with the RMX 2 when I first played around with it I found myself just sitting there for several hours having the feeling that I had taken myself to a whole new level of mixing........this thing is so easy to use with everything laid out in a logical manner, the touchpads are an absolute godsent especially for any one doing internet radio and using jingles etc.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Producermat

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 7:52 am
A few Pics for comparision :)

RMX VS RMX 2

RMX

RMX 2

RMX REAR

RMX 2 REAR

RMX vs RMX 2 FRONT

Cheers

Producermat

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 10:04 am

Posted Thu 25 Oct 12 @ 8:19 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
frank699 wrote :

- The unit is not dependant on USB power it has a power input so it can be used as a standalone mixer ( So if your laptop crashes you can at least talk on the mic or feed a backup source of music into one of the external line inputs whilst you reboot )

Please note that the Rmx2 does NOT work as a standalone mixer. It is a USB audio interface and requires both power supply and USB power to function.

You can find a full review here:

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/10/review-video-hercules-dj-console-rmx2-controller/

Posted Thu 25 Oct 12 @ 10:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)