Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I was alluding more towards there being timed commands like "effect active for 10000ms" or "effect active for 8 beats" and such...

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 7:53 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ Koz there's a couple of items in my blog that can help you with that, or as already pointed out choose a skin that has the ability in built, bit of a bugger if you don't like the skin though, lol.

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 8:10 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Translation from post in the Italian forum:

Thanks to Atomix Productions and Max Mora, check what was writen about VirtualDJ 8 in DigitalJockey Cyber.

In the Musikmesse 2012 in Frankfurt Atomix Productions have shown a pre-alpha version of VirtualDJ 8 software after the Adion djDecks acquisition a few months ago.

We thank Max Mora of Atomix Productions for allowing us to make more photos after the official presentation.

Take in count that this is a small demonstration on what may would be seen in the final release of VirtualDJ 8.

It Should be clear that the final VirtualDJ skin and graphic interface has not been decided yet, you may see some VirtualDJ 7 Default skin images because of this.

But even with this, the most important news in this matter is; VirtualDJ 8 would "stretch automatically" to fit the screen with different skin resolutions. It would be not needed any more to select the skin resolution that fits your screen, by simply dragging the corner of the window, just like any window of your operating system.

Is now introduced to a "Timeline", a mix between a sequencer and a memorizer of the implementing rules that will allow execution of the tracks much more flexible.

The sampler, which allows you to assign some parts of a song to their samples, will also feature editor for editing on the fly.

The control panel was completely redesigned, with the ability to store their own set of hardware configuration.

The section devoted to mapping has been redesigned to make it more user-frendly with several improvements.

The SKIN Menu selection section show a preview of any skin while the mouse cursor is over the file.

You can record your own mixes now with a different audio formats including FLAC.

The Registry tool (the software that allowed you to change some advanced settings in VirtualDJ) was integrated into the software with new functions. The most important is the ability to create custom equalization cuts to could be assign to the integrated mixer in VirtualDJ 8.

As I said at the beginning, this is a very preliminary version, it must be considered simply a look into the future. More news will be there, but for now it has been shown and this was an opportunity to known the djDecks programmer who has also jump into mix in a console with VirtualDJ.

This is what we have now, also like to tell that VirtualDJ 8 has a better audio quality, that would be very nice addition to this outstanding version.

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 9:42 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
More pics of VirtualDJ booth in MusicMesse in Frankfurt:

Mr_T (Rene from Germany / Guest for a few hours), Apopsis (George from Greece), DJ Dad (Babis from Greece), MaxMora (Max from Italy) , ArminMC (Armin from Austria), dahinter Bluntfusion (Sven from Germany), Gwen, Jakovski (European Operations)

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 9:51 pm
I just hope the new version will finally jive well with my Numark V7s.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 12:21 am
CanĀ“t wait for the upgrade !! Looks awesome !!!

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 3:36 am
GREAT GOOGLY-MOOGLY!
those newer pics have us drooling here.

i know this was partially asked a bit earlier but i wanted to expand on it and if it can't be answered yet i understand. will the system requirements change? RAM, processor speeds, dual core, single core? pretty sure the latest computer we bought for the club can handle it, but you know how some club owners are about penny pinching.
the other big question on my mind is video card compatability (still having some issues, but we're working on it) will there be additional video card requirements or will older computers be able to handle VDJ8?

like i said - if i gotta wait for those answers i understand - but it's gonna be a hard wait!

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 3:52 am
I will answer this question for you:

Until the code of the new version is finalized and optimized, no-one really will be able to answer to your question. Remember that this is a full code re-write from the ground up. This means that the new code (once finished) can be lighter, heavier, or about the same on system requirements.

As a developer I can tell you that there are always phases that an app during alpha stage can be extremely resource hungry, or resource friendly... It's the nature of programming science... :P

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 4:47 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Looks like it has features of RPM (Reflex).

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 6:54 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djsherz wrote :
That's about making a button perform a sequence of actions I think. This already exists in v7, for example, I've mapped a button that when pressed, the player jumps back to the intro cue point and enters an 8-beat loop. Useful when mixing with radio edits that don't have enough outro to mix with. That's a macro.

How do I do that? It could be very useful... I actually made a 'macro' by starting the 4 on the floor beat sampler over the track in beat. Not always work for all songs...

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 6:56 am
I wonder if it has audio warping (song adjusts to fit CBG) and improved key detection (no bias to minor keys)?

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 8:42 am
Are there any upgrade of the sound quality? I've been using VDJ since 2004 but I'm not satisfied with the performance of what you can hear. The sample-section is a joke. I started to use Traktor because of the better soundengine and the sampledecks. Otherwise I like VDJ a lot!!! Cheers!!!

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 9:20 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 9:22 am
I just hope it will have the ability to save loops like Serato. Thats the only thing having me hold back to completely switch to VDJ

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 10:47 am
tayla wrote :
And will I finally get my holographic groupies... come on guys, that request has been sitting on the shelf for a few years now.

http://digitalillusionsllc.com/Lolitas.php

Yeah, all the others already have holodiscodecks, so its about time! Just as the hitsynthesizer, allowing you to play the, soon 2 be made, Britney Spears and the latest Queen hit if Freddy would have been alive still.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 10:59 am
can you guys lose the lame sampler picture thing or at least give the users older than 12 the option to have a waveform and/or important information about the loop, sync, lock functions instead, that is much better and "professional" IMHO

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 12:18 pm
So hot off the press I'm still wathcing it for the first time... In fact I got the first view ever thanks to my main man Simon Fletcher from The DJ Business

Enjoy

Roy

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 12:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
synthet1c wrote :
can you guys lose the lame sampler picture thing or at least give the users older than 12 the option to have a waveform and/or important information about the loop, sync, lock functions instead, that is much better and "professional" IMHO

It amazes me the criticism that people put on pictures - it is alpha view into the future, it is a sneak-peek into a direction of thought, it is a 'tweaked','sliced','diced', and 'twisted' version of the VDJ 7 skin to be able to show what potential will be of what is about to come.

But it seems that instead of see the 'what if' and 'what is' - people only want to see the what 'should not' to their opinions.

You guys have no clue to what the 'end look' will be. People have commented on the color waves - and yet you see 3 to 4 different color representations in those pics -- does anyone know what the 'final' look will be??? No, because it's a sneak-peek :)

Appreciate the positives people have pointed out and in the 'final' end at release I think you all see the potential of where VirtualDJ will be able to take your skills farther and deeper in to the "YOU CAN DO MORE" with VIRTUALDJ

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 12:55 pm
Chris,

Couldn't agree more... Simon's video puts some life in to this... Again it's Alpha, you work with what you've got until the time is right to work on the "presentation".

Tooo many things look good on the outside yet under perform inside. Atomix have been very brave to put this out there considering it's alpha.

Looking forward to more "sneak peaks"

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 1:12 pm
That video is superb. Thanks Roy for posting and thanks Heiko for the brilliant presentation.

So many positives here, and it really proves the Dev Team do listen to users suggestions.

Keith

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 1:15 pm
16%