Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

May be time to go PRO yippeeeeee!!!!!

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 3:03 pm
Love the timeline feature.

I'm half way through a 100 minute 90's dance megamix using VDJ to record the wave samples and my faithful Windows 95 program Multiquence to put it together. Would be brilliant if the whole thing could be done in VDJ.

Keith

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 3:36 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 3:57 pm
this is legit ??

it would seem legit if it was a sticky from someone with say 9 stars and up .......?

i mean i love what i'm hearing/saw ....hope it's not all happening in a dream .....

ya know what i mean ..... not ANOTHER flashback

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 4:07 pm
no Kirk its a flash-forward!

i was falling asleep when i saw it and woke wide awake. brain went into overdrive thinking about possibilities. gonna be one hell of a wait till its ready!

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 4:33 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm so disappointed! What I would like to see in verson 9 is.... just thought I'd get that out of the way.

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 4:40 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have to say a lot of guys that I brought over from the other side (not naming the software) complain that the text is too small to read. Is there a way to make the text larger for the blind people in this upcoming version?

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 4:42 pm
DJ Koz wrote :
Is there a way to make the text larger for the blind people in this upcoming version?

Some recent skins have a text size selector built in. I'm guessing this will become a standard part of a skin in V8.

Keith

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 5:09 pm
Thanks for the editable EQ guys ;-) that is the most basic, most needed improvement... I also noticed on the config window that there was an option for "scratch ramp" does that mean it will have the same function as itch when you let go of the jog for a more realistic sound?

Mapping looks the same, I don't know what phil was on about... but can it still have the space of around 5.5 lines of code in notepad...

Can this use vsti effects?

Now if only I had some sort of time travel device...

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 5:53 pm
1. i hope the leaved the waveform to be changed like it was in VDJ 7
2. i hope they leaved the 4 deck skin with the 4 spinning platter
3.that mash up crap i dont like since i dont love mashups now i will isten to retardet dj"s do shitty mashups
4.i hope they moved from the .dll effects and not just masked them since i would reeealy love to kicks TRAKTOR ASSS with these effects
5. i hope they make a kick ass controler to come with this one and note put a virtual dj LE edition on it.

virutal dj <3

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 5:55 pm
Shame these details were not released here first to loyal users.
It looks great ..... if its genuine?
But if it wasn't genuine i'm sure VDJ would jump in and say so, and no official comment creates plausible deniability.
The options here are.... a complete fabrication by the the site concerned,
....an unauthorized wistleblower leak,
......or an officially sanctioned managed leak;)
This way VDJ can create interest, pass on some info about VDJ8 without breaching its official no comment policy on up and coming releases.
VDJ of course has total denability if leaked features & timelines don't come about.
so its 60% finished, well here's hoping it will be released before xmas.

Of course this could be all totally wrong as "rumor flourishes in the the absence of fact" but even this is no bad thing for VDJ

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 6:14 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
tayla wrote :
I'm so disappointed! What I would like to see in verson 9 is.... just thought I'd get that out of the way.

;)

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 6:20 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Looks pretty genuine to me - in fact, if you look at the pictures on the facebook page, our own cstoll has commented on one of them, and I can't see him getting involved in fakery!

Loving the new look sampler section, with what looks like sample banks and video capability... good work dev team! Can't wait to get my sweaty mits on it now! ;-)

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 6:29 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Wow ... OK, if it is stars that only makes a post on the forum official, then here you have it.

DigitalDJTips.com is a respectable site and most of you know we have done things with them and given them exclusives before!

The article with picture gallery was posted on the VirtualDJ Official FaceBook page - http://www.facebook.com/virtualdjsoftware?ref=ts&__adt=2

And, in the spirit of our own forum rules - why would we create another post since one was created already??

And NO, I will not answer questions to the 'unknown' or even the speculated 'known' from what is shown or reported by DigitalDJTips.

:)

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 6:33 pm
cstoll wrote :
And NO, I will not answer questions to the 'unknown' or even the speculated 'known' from what is shown or reported by DigitalDJTips.

Well quite. Christmas Day wouldn't be as fun if we knew what was under the wrapping paper of all the presents! :)

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 6:38 pm
djrxmxPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I hope it will run well on my measly dual core Intel 2.0 GHz setup. (I have been informed yet of any "recommended" system specs.)

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 6:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@djsherz - LOL - You know the drill :)

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 6:51 pm
Hehe, wasn't expecting a change in policy any time soon! Exciting times ahead though. To think it was version 3.4 when I joined, we've come a long way baby...

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 6:54 pm
What does "macro's" do in the config options I wonder...........

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 7:20 pm
That's about making a button perform a sequence of actions I think. This already exists in v7, for example, I've mapped a button that when pressed, the player jumps back to the intro cue point and enters an 8-beat loop. Useful when mixing with radio edits that don't have enough outro to mix with. That's a macro.

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 7:45 pm
10%