Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Perfect Timecodes!! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

do they still sell the heavy one's? I couldn't get em last time and got the thin light poorly made ones, 4 records lasted as many months before being scratched too badly to play, and that was taking care of them, It just happened if I slipped the needle, serato's on the other hand last on average 9 months and its not because they dont work or are scratched, its because I want a knew color LOL

Posted Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 1:04 am
This is good to know!! I am considering picking up some TTs off Craig's list. Still up in the air about TTs or CDJs...

Posted Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 7:55 am
Hey Huey I was skimming the forums and I noticed this post and I have been having so many problems with my Numark time codes I run vdj 7.03 with a numark tt200 and hercules rmx controller not the best setup i know but hey all i can afford the time codes are always screwed up never run right and they always when i pause the track skip the track and wat not need some help let me know

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 12:02 am
What are you settings? Its best to post screen shoys if you can.

Huey

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 6:15 am
Excellent Huey!! I bought the Numarks last week and had some snags, but got them working by playing about with the settings. I have the problem at the moment where the Pitch on VDJ decreases gradually on it's own, so I am going to go through your config and see if it sorts it out! I'll get back to you and nice one!!

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 9:06 am
What soundcard are you using?

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 10:32 am
Hercules RMX, 2 x SL1210's and ASUS laptop. I will also use with my Mac as well, but concentrating on the ASUS at the moment.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 10:37 am
Hmm, I got rid of my RMX awhile ago. I'll post a picture of my debug screen when I get home tonight. I remember I had that same problem with my SL3, it was something in the debug screen. The thing that sucks is Numark doesn't make colored vinyl so were stuck with black.

Huey

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 10:51 am
Huey,
I get it to work but after maybe a song or too i get this and when I Pause the track i get the track skipping all over, here are some ss

\\\\

Could it be that my stylus is messed up not working properly

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 10:55 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
What soundcard are you using?

I am using RMX sound card

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 11:10 am
You got a bad signal coming from that turntable. Leave it on that screen and mess with the RCA, I bet you'll see the signal change shape. Or it could be a needle going bad. And when checking the cables don't just check the ends it could be in Tue middle of the cables aswell.

Huey

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 11:34 am
I give that a shot is there a reason while it will work for a little than go out

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 6:15 pm
so I got to work but now when I pause the record it skips around

and it works fine at least i think it does when I run a reg record think it might my the tt now

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 8:07 pm
Hahaa! Ok DONT throw the turntables, I'll cry, J/K! Ok by the looks of it you need to turn the "Silence" up alittle more. Also use "Smart" not relative. With Smart when you drop the needle back to the beginning of the timecode the song will start over, when using Relative it'll just stay in the same spot no matter where you drop the needle.

Move those and let me know how it works
Huey

P.S. Dont get upset just take your time, when I went through all this it took me like 5 hours!! But in the end it was well worth it....

Heres how mine looks,

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 8:27 pm
I noticed your gain is pretty high also, can you turn up the level in the RMX config screen?? I wish I had one in front of me to check. Also adjust each turntable by itself, dont adjust the dails for both at the same time cause if 1 is working right the other might mess up..........

Holla back
Huey

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 8:29 pm
yo man thanks alot def working alot better and thanks for the help i got to tweak a it a bit been like a week process but ty mate

one love

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 9:04 pm
Thats whats up!! Ley me know if you need anything else........

Respect
Huey

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 9:14 pm
Hey huey one thing I noticed that is going bad for me is my quality flies from like 100 to 45 to 0 to 80 to 100 any suggestions

Posted Tue 06 Sep 11 @ 6:26 pm
CAn you re-word that, Im sorry but I'm not sure what you mean... Are your bpm's bouncing all over??

Huey

Posted Tue 06 Sep 11 @ 7:06 pm
i am sorry ya I wrote that really messed up on the config screen where you see the circles in the bottom right corner there is a % and it keeps bumping around

Posted Wed 07 Sep 11 @ 12:25 am
34%