Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Perfect Timecodes!! - Page: 6

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DAP-oneHome userMember since 2011
i just copied your settings and i dont know how to post a perfect picture of my settings anyway

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 7:26 am
Word!! Enjoy......

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 8:09 am
i found the reason for the loud tone from the left side using cdjs and the rmx. it was so simple and with one clck of ah button the noise stopped. i opened the rmx tab and changed the usb streaming to 1-2(default) and it worked great ever since.

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 9:32 am
happy new year yall!

Posted Tue 03 Jan 12 @ 5:04 pm
Hey Greetinz Huey & everyone, hope this reaches u well and that the coming year is filled with many blessing.

Excuse my ignorance but I have looked at the skins(my pref is the internal mixer for regular vdj) and I see a lil "TC" at side of deck and I have clicked if "off" which I assume is the bypass? Yet still nothing. Also I cannot control volume or kill bass/mid/etc when playing vinyl, which I figure makes sense as the controller isn't reading the vinyl. Can u explain please what I am doing wrong n if possible put up some screenshots?

Also a friend of mine has told me I need to get the "hardware" to the timecodes as well b4 I am able to play timecodes(according to him that is the reason I get the hum). Yet I have searched youtube and see guys just use vdj n tc vinyls. Am I incorrect here?

Thanks for the help in advance..

RastafariLove!

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 6:26 pm
I did what DAP-one suggested and that work(THANK U)...only thing is I have to click it back to hear the vinyl.

I also got the wave(hit source on rmx) but is there a reason why it plays infinitely? Even when u interfere with the vinyl(scratch for e.x) it doesn't show in wave...if I stop vinyl it show in wave but not instantaneously...maybe a second or two later. Now I have wave going I see only the top part n not the bottom(boxes n lines) which would prove for an easier mix...why is that? Also I am still not able to control volume etc.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

RastafariLove!!

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 7:06 pm
OK I sold my RMX along time ago but if you could post a video maybe, Im not really understanding whats going on, lol! If I could see it I could understand better.

Huey

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 8:14 pm
dpcar10Home userMember since 2012
i could use some help....just got an american audio dv2 and using serato timecod vinyl. its just not working...im not getting any control or play back when using the turntables. i have my config set to inputs: 2 time code vinyl....output to: external mixer and soundcard to: asio driver on dv2

Posted Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 6:27 pm
I know most people here don't use timecodes, especially vinyl timecodes. OK I think I'm getting better with my scratch techniques and I'm starting to run into a small problem. The problem happens when I get into slow drags. It seems like the program looses the signal. What knob do I have to adjust to see if I can get more better control when doing slow drags?? I'll admit I haven't really dove head first into this yet but knowing how I am I will get to the bottom of it, lol!!

Thanks for the time and info and I hope this thread has helped out some people,
Huey

P.S. Forgot to mention that I'm using an SL 3 if that makes a difference.

Posted Fri 18 May 12 @ 11:14 am
OK after some jacking around it seems the higher I turn up the gain. In the timecode window the more responsive. The problem with that is, I can no longer see the green circle. Soo am I missing something or do I just run it like that? Does seeing the green circles really matter?.

That K's for the time and info
Huey

Posted Sat 19 May 12 @ 10:02 am
The size of the circle is a example of the needle cartidge volume output. If the circle is big, the cartidge volume is high and if its smaller, the output is lower. Before you raise the volume, Just make sure its perfectly round, then raise it. The circle is the left and right audio balance. If it works.. Thats good enough for me.

Posted Sat 19 May 12 @ 12:07 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Just here to say that things are still great!! Still can't keep a quality signal with the Sera to vinyls though. One thing I don't like about the Numark vinyl is, there seems to be a dead space at the beginning of the records. I'll place the needle on the record but nothing happens for the first few revolutions and them bam, the song will start. This only happens with these records, the Traktor and Sera to start immediately. I've tried adjusting the lead in slider on the debug screen but it doesn't make a difference. Anyone else notice this? Other then that things are on point, no drifting, very responsive and the Numarks are nice and heavy like in the old days, lol!!

Seems happy days are here to stay
Huey

I got a secret about the "Dead Space". When I first got VV a few years ago I noticed the same thing. I was transferring from vinyl to digi. I also noticed the timecodes started just as vinyl with silence then the song would start. I looked at the label each time I started a song. To my surprise all the songs started on the spot of the timecoded (TCV) regardless. So me coming from the "scratch side" of the house I thought to myself, "I wonder what would happen if I were to put a white sticker on the TCV's as we used to do with our srcatch records. I was amazed to discover that whatever song I loaded, If I would drop the needle slightly past the white marker, pull the TCV back to the beginning of my marker and bingo, The all the songs would start from the beginning. I don't know if they were designed this way but I thought that was genius! I also noticed that the rest of the TCV's signals started as soon as you dropped the needles. Just a little something that I stumbled on years ago. -Enjoy!

Posted Sat 19 May 12 @ 6:34 pm
Yeah I know that spot on the VV vinyls but what I'm talking about is anywhere but the beginning of the record. If you move the record super slow you'll see the VDJ doesn't pick it up and when it finally does it jumps ahead in the track. I'll just make a video so y'all can see exactly what I'm talking about, lol.

Thanks for the sticker tip though, I'm sure it'll be of some help to some of the guys here....
Huey

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 2:07 pm
Just a silly question: Did you try to lower the silence volume knob on the timecode config window?

Ideally the gray cirlce should be as small as it gets without crossing the green circle when the vinyl is stopped (and the needle is on the vinyl).
You can try to lower it a little bit more, as soon as the deck keeps "still" when the vinyl is stoped.

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 2:18 pm
I've lowered it but it still has some room to go down more so I'll try that tonight when I get home. Why I want it more responsive is because I usually set cue points when I'm cueing up the track. Sometimes I just use the mouse and move the scratch wave to where I want it. I can set cue points from my mixer so using the mouse defeats my purpose, lol!

Thanks for the time and I'll let you know tonight
Huey

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 2:33 pm
Well Thanks Phantom, that seemed to help out alot. But I havent tried it live yet, only at home on my monitors.

What do you think?

Thanks for the time and info
Huey

Posted Fri 25 May 12 @ 7:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)