Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.0.1 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello,

We just released a maintenance update for VirtualDJ.
This new version fixes a few issues with controller support in multi-deck, and adds support for some new controllers.
You can download it from your Download Center.
You can also find a detailed list of the changes in the History Wiki.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 10 @ 12:46 pm
I was hoping for a fix for the slow loading issue on videos....or did I miss something somewhere else?
Regardless, Glad to see you guys are on top of things and I am very thankfull for this program!

Posted Tue 16 Nov 10 @ 12:53 pm
thanks for the update but i'm very dissapointed with this update.

The integration with CDJ-900 is very very bad yet! Serato is muuuch better in this!
The load of the vobs is very slow yet!..

:(:(

Posted Tue 16 Nov 10 @ 2:01 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
THANK YOU for the update! Updates are better than no updates! :-)

Posted Tue 16 Nov 10 @ 2:05 pm
Thanks for the surprise update, I'll be downloading it shortly!

Posted Tue 16 Nov 10 @ 4:55 pm
Sweet VV Finally got 7 released as well as the update. Thanks.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 10 @ 8:30 pm
Well, I've looked at the Wiki improvements and can't recall countless postings with users having problems with them. However, I have seen and added to comments regarding slow loading video's screwing up peoples gigs and them having to resort to version 6.

Can anyone at Atomix at least acknowledge this fault listed here

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/135633/General_Discussion/Slow_loading_on_VDJ_Pro_7.html?search=slow%20loading&page=1

and give an indication of a fix?

I REALLY feel let down..as I'm sure many are

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 2:54 am
Thanks for the update. Will download when I get home.

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 6:53 pm
Nice!..but...huh...I did'nt see a download alert...humm..aahh I'm just being paranoid...he,he...

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 7:21 pm
Your right Tracker I didn't see 1 for this or the Virtual Vinyl update...........hmm.

Huey

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 7:58 pm
a bit disapointed that the scs1 system is still not supported; oh well maybe later

beside that ...thanks for the update

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 8:50 pm
Alan Todd wrote :
Well, I've looked at the Wiki improvements and can't recall countless postings with users having problems with them. However, I have seen and added to comments regarding slow loading video's screwing up peoples gigs and them having to resort to version 6.

Can anyone at Atomix at least acknowledge this fault listed here

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/135633/General_Discussion/Slow_loading_on_VDJ_Pro_7.html?search=slow%20loading&page=1

and give an indication of a fix?

I REALLY feel let down..as I'm sure many are

What he said.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 8:20 am
have it on back up lappy but goina wait for loading issue ect before going to gig machine as 6.1.2 is perfect.
thanks for upgrades as usual.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 3:16 pm
djesco1PRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 4:06 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's worth pointing out that not all complaints are aired in the forum. That said I've seen complaints about some of the things mentioned in the changelog - I've seen received numerous PMs for example about Mac controllers which has now been fixed.

Controller fixes are often quick and easy testing - changes to the video engine can sometimes take a little longer to make sure they get right, especially when that problem isn't affecting everybody.

Whilst it's never good that people are having issues, I would like to say that IMHO all upgrades should be tested before being used live - a major version upgrade should be tested heavily before using it live. This should help minimise people being 'let down' during a gig.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 6:26 pm
give that man a raise .....

wish i'd said that.........

you wimps don't really rush out to the gig and do untested things on your audience , turning them into

unwilling but nonetheless paying guinea pigs ??????

you don't live in a fantasy world where the great DJ in the Sky is smoothing out all life's wrinkles

just to help you , RIGHT ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 5:45 am
Re Slow video loading

1. For most, the problem was identified pre gigs and those resorted back to version 6
2. For others the files get slower as the evening progresses, due to the loading taking up more resources, then causing hang-ups
2. The problem was started in a thread on the 13th October.
3. Those with the problem still have the problem 5 weeks on.
4. It's affecting videos with audio at 48000kbs, 41000kbs is perfect.
4. The only comment from Atomix so far is from mp3jrick who stated :-

"I see a difference between vob and mp4 also, but its not a problem for me.
As long as they load and play and don't overtake the load I am happy.

Has to be something to do with the file size imo, but I am not going to worry about it"

So..basically..if he's not going to worry about a problem affecting many video users..is there anyone at Atomix that will ?

For those that want to make digs, please bear in mind those who cannot take advantage of this latest update with it's extra players and vastly improved sound engine

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 6:08 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I would assume Rick was commenting on his own personal view and not that of Atomix.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 6:36 am
Mr. Alan ......

i remember that post and i thought , like Tayla , that Rick was talking about his own situation ....

as far as digs go i do get some digs in on the really ignorant crackheads.....

i used to do that to any crackhead .... but now , i'm far more patient ?? and only

zero in on really ignorant crackheads , which to me is like saying an ignorant ignorant

also anyone who blames the software for there problems in knee jerk fashion .....

those whiny people get treated to " whenever i pick my nose , my fingers stick to this

STUPID KEYBOARD" ...... because they cause there own problems , then blame VDJ .....

as you must know,and SBDJ said , some problems are very hard to pinpoint .....

and , i'm sure , just because there is a solution , that solution might not be good for more than just a few .......

right now we're hijacking ....

if you PM me i will try to help ,

i have had video problems myself , i do know what it's like ......

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 7:18 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Have you tried an external codec and does that have the same problem?

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 9:21 am
27%