Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.0.1 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJ wrote :
It's worth pointing out that not all complaints are aired in the forum. That said I've seen complaints about some of the things mentioned in the changelog - I've seen received numerous PMs for example about Mac controllers which has now been fixed.

Controller fixes are often quick and easy testing - changes to the video engine can sometimes take a little longer to make sure they get right, especially when that problem isn't affecting everybody.

Whilst it's never good that people are having issues, I would like to say that IMHO all upgrades should be tested before being used live - a major version upgrade should be tested heavily before using it live. This should help minimise people being 'let down' during a gig.

How about a simple "we are aware that this may be affecting some of our users and working hard to identify the problem. We are unable to provide a time frame for a fix".' A simple statement from the DEV team would go a long way. I don't think it's asking for much. Nobody wants to feel like their issue is being ignored.

For now I'm using 6 but I'm positive a fix will come out eventually.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 9:32 am
SBDJ wrote :
Have you tried an external codec and does that have the same problem?

I have this same issue, I haven't tried any third party codecs as I try not to make to many system modifications.

I can say I have this issue with both MPG files and MP4 files, on my MPG files the problem exists if they have AC3 or PCM audio.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 9:49 am
A vob file that takes 32 seconds with the standard video codec takes 7 seconds with Windows Media codec.

Is this all this problem's down to..a dodgy decoder?

if only it was so simple though..the audio's out of sync with the video when I use it :o(

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 10:30 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
We'll continue this in the other thread then rather than hijacking this one.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 10:54 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
It would be nice to have some acknowledgement as Sonido said. My “crash report” and "odd mapping issue" threads, have gone unanswered so far. I even proved my mapping problem and showed how to recreate it. But still nothing....

I too have a asked for some kind of response like "we are working on it.." in the past. Yet I am not sure why, but there seems to be even less responses from Atomix since 7 came out. Just my observation.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 6:15 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
How slow is too slow? I have some video that take maybe 10 seconds to load vs 2 or 3 seconds from before on version 6. For me it hasn't been a problem. Are you talking like 30 seconds or a minute? I could see that being a real problem.

thanks,
David

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 7:27 pm
FLUXXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I know whats going on!! See, VDj 7 was such a hit and money maker. That all the atomix team have taken the money and ran off to the virgin islands to retire indefinitely.... Or maybe....just maybe. They just released a major version change to their software platform (VDj 7) and are being bombarded by request for help(while at the same time trying to come up with fixes for INDIVIDUAL systems) by thousands of people. Get in line and wait your turn PATIENTLY. And more than likely your problem is already being experienced by lots of others and being worked on. But if it makes you feel better than here...(whispering in your ear ever so softly) "You do matter and Atomix does care about your individual problem and will be with you shortly". God bless and good night to all.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 7:44 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Dev Team follows all the issues received from different sources (not only the forum) and then identify and analyse them with the available data.

We are human and we can't work on all the issues at the same time. Sometimes it's easy to fix it, sometimes not (because data received are wrong or not clear enough or we can't reproduce it, or ...).

Posted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 7:08 am
IMHO...the main reason "SOME" keep having the same issues has NOTHING to do with the software. It has EVERYTHING to do with YOUR COMPUTER!!!! I have been using VDJ for over 2 years now and 99.9% of any issue I had was due to MY COMPUTER...not the software. Every update is not for EVERYBODY...especially if you're already toeing the line with the ability of your computer to perform. This software keeps getting better and better (far superior to Serato). As the software progresses your gear needs to progress as well. Some of you are trying to stretch the specs of your computer too far! Instead of upgrading to the lastest update of VDJ you may need to UPGRADE your computer. I'm saying all this from experience......get the new i7 with and ATI HD5650 graphics card and kiss all your issues good bye!

Posted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 12:01 pm
djad2PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I am disappointed that no one from Atomix have not at least responded to any of my concerns with the VDJ 7 upgrade. I am losing money because my set isn't working at all. If I don't get a solution by this week I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau. It's sad that I have to go to these measures but Atomix is not doing business right.

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 12:10 pm
djad2 wrote :
I am disappointed that no one from Atomix have not at least responded to any of my concerns with the VDJ 7 upgrade. I am losing money because my set isn't working at all. If I don't get a solution by this week I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau. It's sad that I have to go to these measures but Atomix is not doing business right.

I'm sorry things aren't working for you, but you don't have to use the very latest version just because it is there. There are many DJ's still using version 6 or older versions. If 7 ins't working for you yet, then go back to version 6 - you can ask for it to be made available for you again in your download centre if you raise a ticket.

If 6 doesn't work for you, then you need to look at your system setup as it might just not be the software...

Roy

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 12:50 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djad2 wrote :

Without knowing your specs or os, its not possible to help you in any way, so please start there Post your computer specs and os.
And don't forget the issue, describe as detailed as possible, chances are that it may have already been diagnosed with a solution ready for what you are experiencing..

Good Luck,

Joey...

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 2:11 pm
thanks for the update

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 1:25 am
Hello guys,

no one is obligated to download any new version if your old one is working properly. If you can help by addressing the real flaws of the new version, maybe we can all benefit from your positive inputs and have them fixed but to complain about Atomix to the BBB is total nonsense and not productive at all.
Any new version will have some bugs to be fixed before working perfectly to your liking, so let's brainstorm to get them all fixed but complains only will not work.
I love VDJ and its community but lets keep it constructive.

DJ Omar

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 5:41 pm
djad2 wrote :

Finally some feedback...didn't solve my problem but at least someone finally responded. Thank You! Now all I need is the answer to my question please.

I've updated all recent drivers. Yet most of my music from the folders I created show ERROR when loaded and they drag at a very slow pace with static like a chopped and screwed album.

Any suggestions?

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 6:40 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
djad2 wrote :

Without knowing your specs or os, its not possible to help you in any way, so please start there Post your computer specs and os.
And don't forget the issue, describe as detailed as possible, chances are that it may have already been diagnosed with a solution ready for what you are experiencing..

Good Luck,

Joey...

My specs were sent through the ticket response so they were aware. If you must know... Hercules RMX VDJ7 Windows 7

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 6:43 pm
jolofboy wrote :
Hello guys,

no one is obligated to download any new version if your old one is working properly. If you can help by addressing the real flaws of the new version, maybe we can all benefit from your positive inputs and have them fixed but to complain about Atomix to the BBB is total nonsense and not productive at all.
Any new version will have some bugs to be fixed before working perfectly to your liking, so let's brainstorm to get them all fixed but complains only will not work.
I love VDJ and its community but lets keep it constructive.

DJ Omar

You're right. No one is obligated to download it but I paid for it and I did download it and it isn't working so I need a solution. I'm losing money because I can't use my equipment. As soon as I mentioned the BBB I got feedback. Sometimes pressure gets results. All I was asking for was a response. I've paid for that. Feedback comes positive and negative (constructive). If the negative is put out there then notes can be taken to avoid those same mistakes next time. That's all. I love the product and this community.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 6:48 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, we buy the version available at the time of purchase, yes?, from that point on any and all future updates are given to us free gratis, brill! Surely you can politely ask for help with a new version if experiencing diffilculties, as for reporting something that you got for free wouldn't stand up over here.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 3:42 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Please keep the discussion about the slow loading problem in the slow loading thread. Any more comments on that subject will be removed from this thread and I will repost them in the relevant thread.

If v7 isn't working for you, there is a solution!

v7 installs alongside v6. What does this mean? You can still use v6 which was obviously working fine for you. There is your solution right there.

Now a personal thought from me:

You had a working version, you *chose* to upgrade to a newer version. If you are unprofessional enough to run it without testing; then claim it's not working for you, that it's Atomix's fault and that you're losing money then frankly you've lost the right to claim to be a professional. A professional would have tested it first and when it didn't work they would have stuck with what did.

Threatening to contact the BBB? Quite frankly ridiculous, let me know how that goes ;) It certainly had no impact on the responses you got I'm afraid.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 5:28 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Sometimes a Vob video doesn't render on Deck one, I then drag the same video to Deck two and then it renders to screen.

Once it renders on Deck two, I then drag the same video from the browser to Deck one and it begins to play normally...?

Joey...

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 5:02 pm
54%