Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: SPOTIFY bridge To Virtual DJ - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djpasha.lt wrote :
Spotify and Content Unlimited are two totally different things.

Not really. They're both services which provide streamed music on a rental/subscription basis. You don't own the music.

In my opinion any serious DJ (earning money) should be buying their music, not renting it or relying on streaming to play it.

If you're playing venues then you should be playing tracks you have purchased.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 6:31 am
What's the best website to get your music from? I'm kinda new to this

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 8:14 pm
That's like asking "What's the best food to eat?". :-)

What genre of music are you looking for?

You must have heard of iTunes. There's a huge selection of music on there.

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 5:06 am
groovindj wrote :

Not really. They're both services which provide streamed music on a rental/subscription basis. You don't own the music.

In my opinion any serious DJ (earning money) should be buying their music, not renting it or relying on streaming to play it.

If you're playing venues then you should be playing tracks you have purchased.

Why? I buy a lot of music, but always on vinyl or cd. I don't like buying files without the artwork. With renting the music monthly, I have a greater choice for my customers. And I'm 100% ok with my licenses.
And I don't have to carry all my vinyl/cd's every time.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 3:27 pm
I "whole" heartedly agree with that idea of interfacing "Spotify" with "Virtual DJ"...

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 7:24 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
+1

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:16 pm
Atomix needs to get rid of Content unlimited(grooveshark) and replace it with Spotify, or offer both. I have been using CI for 3 months now and the search is very buggy. sometimes after 20 minutes, it only searches video files. I turn off video files and I get nothing. It seems like it is just not connecting to their server. Then it randomly works again. Very frustrating when I have a request for a song and have to spend 10 mins finding one that will load.

I have never had a single problem finding a song on spotify. I am using both separately now and its just a real pain switching between spotify and VDJ.

Algoriddim has just released their new version, DJay Pro, it is intergrated with spotify but it is only for mac and it will not play spotify offline, you also can't edit the fields. I like to use the "remix" field in VDJ to add a not like "bride/groom 1st dance". VDJ8 is almost perfect, it is just missing Spotify.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 14 @ 10:39 am
Ditto that!

On this topic, i will seriously consider switching to another DJ software if it implements Spotify integration in great streamlined way.
Since Virtual DJ team does not show any interest or plans to even consider this possibility, we should discuss other DJ software that does implement Spotify in this discussion.

skiboarder wrote :
Atomix needs to get rid of Content unlimited(grooveshark) and replace it with Spotify, or offer both. I have been using CI for 3 months now and the search is very buggy. sometimes after 20 minutes, it only searches video files. I turn off video files and I get nothing. It seems like it is just not connecting to their server. Then it randomly works again. Very frustrating when I have a request for a song and have to spend 10 mins finding one that will load.

I have never had a single problem finding a song on spotify. I am using both separately now and its just a real pain switching between spotify and VDJ.

Algoriddim has just released their new version, DJay Pro, it is intergrated with spotify but it is only for mac and it will not play spotify offline, you also can't edit the fields. I like to use the "remix" field in VDJ to add a not like "bride/groom 1st dance". VDJ8 is almost perfect, it is just missing Spotify.

Posted Wed 31 Dec 14 @ 3:23 am
skiboarder wrote :

You have read this on Page 1 ?

Support staff wrote :
Spotify is for personal home use only and cannot be used with 3rd party applications including VirtualDJ. It will only work with the official Spotify website and/or official Spotify applications.

Likewise, a normal Grooveshark account cannot be used with VirtualDJ. It is personal home use, not for live DJ'ing use.

To use NetSearch, you will need to purchase a Premium Membership: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/membership.html

To avoid bad quality files, make sure that you choose Grooveshark verified files where available (Those with a green tick on the globe icon.) Other files are user contributed and the quality may vary (Always pre-listen first to check that it's OK.)

Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use
https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/end-user-agreement/

8. User Guidelines

We’ve established a few ground rules for you to follow when using the Service, to make sure Spotify stays enjoyable for everyone. Please follow these rules and encourage other users to do the same.

Spotify respects intellectual property rights and expects you to do the same. This means, for example, that the following is not permitted: (a) Copying, reproducing, “ripping”, recording, or making available to the public any part of the Spotify Services or content delivered to you via the Spotify Services, or otherwise any making use of the Spotify Service which is not expressly permitted under these Terms; (b) using the Spotify service to import or copy any local files you do not have the legal right to import or copy in this way; (c) reverse-engineering, decompiling, disassembling, modification or creating derivative works based on the Spotify Services or any part thereof; (d) circumventing any technology used by Spotify, its licensors, or any third party to protect content accessible through the Service; (e) renting or leasing of any part of the Services; (f) circumventing of any territorial restrictions applied by Spotify; (g) artificially increasing play count or otherwise manipulating the Services by using a script or other automated process; (h) removing or altering any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices contained on or provided through the Spotify Service; (i) providing your password to any other person or using any other person’s user name and password.

And this Topic is from Sun 14 Mar 2010

Mike

Posted Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 5:20 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes please lock the thread

Posted Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 9:05 am
I hope so. It would really be nice. I have Netsearch Audio with Grooveshark and its been freezing up after only 2 downloads very bad. Anyone know of a solution for this?

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 11:12 pm
Virtual DJ members, try to get spotify bridged like Djay2 has already. Will be awesome.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 12:55 pm
Read the previous messages. They already have Content Unlimited.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 1:00 pm
it would be so nice to use spotify

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 10:02 am
I've joined now as a member on audio but still can't use the music

Posted Thu 05 Feb 15 @ 3:15 pm
I've purchase content unlimited but still can't stream the music only plays whats in my music file's. try reloading virtual dj still nothing can u help

Posted Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 8:54 am
Hi Spotty, try postin it on a new thread in the premium forum, this threads like a few years old.
greetz
ray

Posted Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 10:18 am
DJHughEPRO InfinityMember since 2011
It seems like this could be a good opportunity for both companies and Virtual Dj artists and audiences alike. Instead of just taking about how this would never happen because of Content Unlimited and Spotify are competing services, they are also very differently marketed and purposed. but consider what a partnership could bring to all parties.

This is by very definition apples vs oranges. Spotify has Great HQ content with amazing ever expanded and updated playlists that would help make some amazing cates, there is absolutely no denial, it boasts a huge user membership and community, but it is solely for home and personal use. Content Unlimited on the other hand is marketed for the commercial users, Djs, Bars, Restaurants, Retail Stores ect, and is licenced to do so. A partnership would give a true benefit for all customers, expanding the market place to absolutely everyone for any purpose whom has access to high speed internet connection.

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 11:07 am
dave705Home userMember since 2013
Content Unlimited uses grooveshark's database and it has been shut down. So what do I do now? If i could use Spotify songs with my premium membership and control it through VirtualDJ, that would fix the problem.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 10:32 am
I think there are problems with Spotify.

DJAY has a spotify integration, but the deal is you HAVE to stream the content while DJing (no offline play possible), and you do NOT have the right to play Spotify content in public ("PERSONAL, NON COMMERCIAL use ONLY", it says). So basically it's not much more than a gimmic in DJAY.

As I understand it Spotify only have these kind of limited rights themselves, so they can't allow Pro use. Which means it's not really useable for DJs

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 1:38 am
62%