Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: SPOTIFY bridge To Virtual DJ - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

From the previous page:
djtouchdan wrote :
This is simply never going to happen.

Virtual DJ have implemented Content Unlimited which is ultimately the same thing "a music streaming service". With one BIG difference - it is fully licensed and legal for DJ use. (However you and/or the venue may require an additional license to play recorded music).

It would make ZERO sense for them to think about implementing Spotify as well.

Just saying.

Posted Tue 08 Apr 14 @ 9:41 am
Hey guys. Y'all know about Spotify and how must people want a program work with Spotify. I been trying so many ways to link up with virtual programs to control spotify. and y'all got to find a way to make a great virtual DJ program where the DJ upgrade their program basically pay for it and they pay for membership of Spotify. Then as many DJ sign up and us, y'all still get pay from user signing up. I know its ain't easy but at least find a way to be part of the partnership. Spotify just release an app for Ipad where you can DJ and get to pay the membership to DJ. Hopefully something new well happen

Thanks

Posted Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 8:29 pm

Posted Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 11:38 pm
I would love for Spotify to merge with Virtual DJ!!! IT WOULD BE EPIC!!!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 11:27 am
djtouchdan wrote :
This is simply never going to happen.

Virtual DJ have implemented Content Unlimited which is ultimately the same thing "a music streaming service". With one BIG difference - it is fully licensed and legal for DJ use. (However you and/or the venue may require an additional license to play recorded music).

It would make ZERO sense for them to think about implementing Spotify as well.

Just saying.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 1:23 pm
It's probably not needed since we already have content unlimited

But it looks like it IS possible - djay + Spotify has just announced that you will be able to use Spotify from withing djay on iPad and iPhone:

"Algoriddim and Spotify have partnered to bring you the ultimate DJ experience. Mix millions of tracks instantly with djay, the #1 DJ app for iPhone and iPad."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGXsp4Lhbns

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:15 am
It requires a Premium account though, which costs the same as Content Unlimited.

I think most of the people asking here expect to get something for nothing.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:39 am
I use Spotify Premium on my iPad while away from home or computer to put together playlists and client specific playlists of music. It's great to go through Spotify's massive stock playlists (Top 40, best of genres, moods, etc.) and pull ideas for new music and research rare tracks. Spotify allows you to build playlists with nested folders (New Releases, genre, mood/energy level, client specific, dates, etc.). Algoriddim DJ and Pacemaker iPad DJ apps already have the option to use your Spotify account and playlist hierarchy to load tracks (with internet connection and using the "play offline" tracks option. So, I see this almost like an iTunes type option using your Spotify membership instead of iTunes library to access music. This would be a great addition to VDJ and would definitely set VDJ apart from the rest as it integrates the "next big thing" into an established DJ application (already top notch). My vote is in for this update!

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:12 pm
FYI...there is definitely a difference in Content Unlimited with Grooveshark and Spotify Premium integration as you can build (and continue to build) tracks, playlists, and folders while away from home and a computer which you can't do now with Content Unlimited. Unless I'm missing a Grooveshark app or ability to create Content Unlimited Grooveshark playlists and folders away from home or computer, this is definitely different and more robust than Content Unlimited. I'd still pay the $10 buck premium to integrate the connectivity. Heck, this is a revenue generator opportunity for VDJ as Algoriddim DJ and Pacemaker offer the integration for free. Sign me up first and take out the first monthly payment as soon as possible...

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:19 pm
I would love to see spotify premium built-in to Virtual DJ! For exactly the same price as grooveshark, you get access to millions more songs! What is there more to say? Their API key is out, so people who are at VirtualDJ get integrating! So much nicer to use as well. I use Djay 2 on my iPad with spotify and it is simply amazing! I can't even begin to imagine how many people would come on-board the VirtualDJ community with spotify...

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:14 am
:/ DJay 2 for IOS has recently added spotify support and to say the least it is pretty amazing. I agree with a previous poster, this would be epic if VDJ partnered with Spotify!

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 4:21 am
VDJ and Spotify integration would be awesome. I agree.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 9:38 pm
We need it!!! We want it!!!

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 5:22 am
curtnwPRO InfinityMember since 2010
d33ff wrote :
Hear hear! Spotify Premium rocks. Will there be a plugin available for VDJ soon?

Forget Spotify. you can use Rhaposdy. Set up a premium Rhapsody account and select your options for offline mode. It downloads everything and VDJ can play them right from the Rhapsody folder. You can mix em just like an MP3

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 3:24 pm
Here in Europe Spotify is practically a synonym for music stream services, so yea bridge between Spotify and Virtual DJ would be more than a desired feature.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 2:59 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
IT WON'T HAPPEN THERE IS ALREADY A STREAM TO VDJ SERVICE.

Somebody lock the thread already.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 6:56 am
Please please please, link and create a plug in and allow Dj's to play music from Spotify.. It will be a revelation to making people happy when it comes to requests!!!

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 9:03 am
Ever since i started using Spotify, i thought using my spotify Playlists in VDJ would be so great.
I know this is inside information, but can somebody from VDJ team answer if you are "researching" this possibilty?

I believe whichever professional DJ software company will be the first to offer Spotify "synchronization" will win Big!

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 5:43 am
As has already been mentioned numerous times throughout this thread, Atomix has their own music subscription service specifically for DJs and the VDJ software.

It's called Content Unlimited.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 6:05 am
groovindj wrote :
As has already been mentioned numerous times throughout this thread, Atomix has their own music subscription service specifically for DJs and the VDJ software.

It's called Content Unlimited.

You, sir, have obviously no idea that Spotify and Content Unlimited are two totally different things. It is like apples and oranges, or say latest Macbook Air with 12 hour battery life and some cheap underperforming netbook. They both are computers, but one is great, another - smth to be burned asap.

Spotify is a service millions of us use worldwide. Something we use at home, in the car, anywhere. A great app to discover new music. Spotify users like me, have created various playlists for different kinds of music. I have some playlists that are created for specific venues I Dj at.
Having the ability to sync and play Sotify database on VDJ would be heaven for me.

And for that Content Unlimited thing. It might be a good idea and service, but you cannot equate those two.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 5:21 am
47%