Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: SPOTIFY bridge To Virtual DJ - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I think most of the ways to get music are for personal use only (including cd's, vinyl, iTunes, ...)
The license to play the music in public is always separate and depends on the country which organization is responsible for dealing with these licenses.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 1:46 am
Hey everyone. I like this topic. I would be happy if I could simply import my Spotify play lists into VDJ. As someone mentioned, it is great for listening to tracks where ever from whatever device, and adding songs to play lists. Would be nice to see some type of integration. Any comments from VDJ team?

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 6:44 pm
dammiePRO InfinityMember since 2007
Only a suggestion, it would be really nice if i can play spotify in virtual dj. I tried grooveshark for several times but i could not work with it. Spotify is so much better (or grooveshark must have been changed) I don't try it anymore, sorry.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 4:53 pm
I would also like to have Spotify integration in Virtual Dj.

I know about the Content Unlimited service. But the Content Unlimited is based on Groovshark - which is illegal to use in Denmark. A lot of record Companies has prohibited to access Groovshark from Denmark. (because of a trial in Denmark 21 februar 2012).
You can read about it here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02/23/grooveshark_blocked_in_denmark/
Because of the trial, mostly all internet providers in Denmark blocks the access to groovshark. (It is also blocked in other countries now)

I do not want to use illegal services, thats why i would like Spotify integration , just like the DJay 2 - software - that can be used with my Pioneer controller.
I cannot understand that Virtual DJ - has an cooperation with an illegal service and recommeds us to use something that is illegal in more countries.

Posted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 3:25 pm
Content unlimited no longer uses Grooveshark.

It uses iDJPool and VJPro for its audio content. Both of these services are licenses and legal for DJ use.
Some teritories/countries may require additional licensing however.

Spotify is never going to happen - it is also illegal to use publicly.

Posted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 7:01 pm
Almost everything is illegal to use in public without an additional license.
Spotify integration is a gimmic, but it shall be fun to test new songs at home.

But it is never going to happen, as the staff said, because they want to earn money with content unlimited. They are not going to cannibalism CU. And that's the only raison.

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 12:38 pm

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 1:12 pm

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 5:01 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You're mis-reading those t&c's.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 2:14 pm
Who is?

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 3:19 pm
Sorry, I speak Dutch, and in Dutch it's very clear.

GEBRUIKSREGELS
(i) U mag de iTunes Producten uitsluitend voor persoonlijke, niet-commerciƫle doeleinden gebruiken.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 3:27 pm
groovindj wrote :
Who is?

He means me, because Spotify is also only for personal use, no discussion about that.
I state that it's also for Itunes.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 3:29 pm
Sorry, but the argument that Spotify is for personal use, is true, but the license is not the real argument. Now you also can use illegal mp3's in VDJ, you need a lot of additional licenses for playing in public, it's not VDJ's work to check this. And as Djay can provide it, why not VDJ? The only vallid argument is the competition with CU.
Imagine Serato offering next month Apple music integration, they'll follow.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 3:40 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
iTunes integration isn't solely limited for music purchased from the iTunes store - a large number of DJs organise their entire music library through iTunes. Therefore providing iTunes integration is a no brainer.

I believe the response from Spotify regarding djay and Spotify was "as long as the party is not public and/or commercial, you are allowed to use Spotify". When the person providing the service says no, the answer is no.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 9:24 am
Everybody calm down.

On first read of all your posts one thing is clear. World wide we all use different music streaming services. Personally because I travel I use Spotify premium, also because I have sonos in Mt house Spotify works well.

It would be great if vdj could take a leaf from sonos. Sonos allows you to activate various streaming accounts within the controller. This way more and more users can take advantage of sonos without alienating everyone else.

Being able to setup your streaming account within vdj setting and being able to choose from content unlimited, Spotify, rhapsody and add a few other popular ones in and bang. Your done. Puck which ever suits you best and open up the market.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 9:22 am
Smiddy69 wrote :
Everybody calm down.

3 months after the last reaction... we are calm in the meantime ;-)

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 11:50 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
no

jesus staff can't you have a final word and lock this damn thread

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 12:42 pm
I'm already paying Spotify Premium every month and I love it, that's why I'm not paying also a membership to NetSearch or whatever it's name is.
If I am paying a service (VDJ) why not attend my desires, developers?

Posted Tue 03 Nov 15 @ 5:42 pm
Why don't you cancel your Spotify and sign up to Content Unlimited?

Why don't mods lock this thread?

Posted Tue 03 Nov 15 @ 5:45 pm
Just route spotify from your PC sound card to a spare channel on your mixer and sorted.

Obviously you can't mix with VDJ but it's certainly a way to play the music from there.

Posted Tue 03 Nov 15 @ 5:47 pm
78%