Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 43

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok, I use Denon MC6000mk1 as my main controller. In the (complicated) migration process from PC (Windows 7) to Mac (Mavericks) I am trying to get everything working right.
One of the things that is still not right is the sound quality. I have the sound playing from Master, and i can hear it in the headphones. That is fine.
But sound quality is not as good as i had it in Windows when i move away from original Pitch of the song with a Pitch slider. This becomes really noticeable during the transition from say original Pitch to higher or lower and back.
I have my sound settings all configured according to instructions found in VDJPedia, as shown in the pictures below of both Mac and Windows sound settings.
Mac OS Mavericks

Windows Win 7

Is there a way to improve sound quality in Mac with Denon MC6000 mk1?

Thanks

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 7:17 am
If you are using keylock/master tempo, make sure that Advanced Stretching is chosen in CONFIG -> Performances.

By default, Fast Stretching is used to avoid compatibility issues with older computers, but this will not give as good sound quality when changing the tempo and/or key of the song.

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 3:26 pm
Nice, this seems to have helped. Thanks!

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 10:21 pm
DSPDJPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I've just noticed on Virtual DJ 7.4.2 FREE that the pitch bend does not work in CD mode on my Denon SC2900's. It only works in VINYL mode which causes fine adjustments when beat matching tracks to sound audible (out of harmony).

Turning the jog wheel by touching the outer ring or top surface does nothing in CD mode. In VINYL mode, the jog wheel performs well but the time stretch engine is not used (transposing the key) - that's great for scratching but not ideal for beat matching when using master tempo for harmonic mixing. If this helps, movement of the audio stops dead if CD mode is selected from VINYL mode while the jog wheel is spinning.

The audio is on the computer side and in normal MIDI mode and my firmware is SYSTEM 1168 (Nov 2014).

I've tried my Denon SC2000 controllers and CD mode works perfect as expected using time stretching.

I've tried Windows XP and Windows 7, version 7.4.0, 7.4.1 and changed many settings on the options and performance config but with no luck.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Posted Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 12:21 pm
DSPDJPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Just a quick update...

As a stand alone media player/CDJ, the Denon SC2900's VINYL mode simply toggles the use of the scratch surface on and off. The outer ring can always be used to pitch bend taking into account the setting of the "KEY ADJUST" button (master tempo).

The default Virtual DJ 7 mapping for the SC2900 is different to the unit's normal operation so I guess I'm hoping to match Denon functionality. I understand that a replacement 'tweaked' mapping XML file may allow me to resolve the CD mode jog wheel issue myself but it's a lot of money to find out it's a software bug on a discontinued product!

Posted Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 2:43 pm
Salut,
Denon SC3900 fonctionne avec VDJ 8, Il n'est pas sur la liste des controlleurs supporter par VDJ 8.

Merci.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 1:00 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum (Where available) to post in your own language.

These other language forums can be found at the bottom of the main forum topic list.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 6:19 am
Well, since I have run out of luck finding any answer to how I can set up my Denon SC3900 and my Denon DNX1700 to midi mode on an Mac with VDJ8, I'll ask here.

Anyone got this working? Please help me.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 5:45 am
What issue(s) do you have ?

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 6:02 am
Well, I can't find the DNX 1700 in any setup (midi-sound setup in utility on the mac) or in the VDJ 8 setup.

I've pute the sc3900 to midi mode normal, set the MIDI hybrid freq to 1 on both players.

The thing is, I don't know how the setup on the players or the mixer shuld be from the start, so I just read something about how to set up with Serato Scratch live..

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 6:37 am
You should not use them in Hybrid mode.
You should use your decks on MIDI mode.
Also when you connected your mixer, did you flip the switches to USB ?

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 7:08 am
Problem solved. I plugged the sc3900 dirctly into my Macbook, skipped the DNX1700 USB and voila! there they was.. The DNX1700 doesn't need too be plugged inn unless I should use the mixer as a soundcard..

Thanks for your help.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 9:03 am
So i've got the Denon MC6000 for a couple of years now and i've recently purchased and installed virtualDJ 8.
The sound works perfectly but the controls on my denon don't work..
It works perfectly fine on traktor so I know the denon isn't broken, what i've done so far:

Updated to the latest firmware (for the denon)
Installed and updated the ASIO drivers
I have unlocked all the external controllers on vdj (see pic #1)

Like I said the audio comes through perfectly, even the controller is selectable in the audio setup yet not visible in the controllers section
where you map the controls of your external controller (Denon MC6000).(see pic #2 & #3)

I've also tried displaying all the compatible devices and rescan several times.
(i also tried restarting VDJ8 & Denon several times)

Does anyone know how i can solve this? I'll stay online and respond further details if required.

Posted Sat 11 Apr 15 @ 9:56 am
I think you should begin with updating VDJ8 to a more recent build.

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 8:16 am
willobusControlleristMember since 2009
I'm using the Denon MC3000 with VDJ8. Is there any way I can record my voice in the mixes using the MC3000 Mic input instead of the PC Mic input? I've been trying but no success.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 4:40 pm

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 5:14 pm
Alright so everything is up-to-date for my denon Mc-6000, but my unit is experiencing this erratic sound level behavior. When a song is playing either through VDJ or WMP the sound (volume) spikes up or down on its own. I wouldn't considered it like a short circuit of some sort but more like a glitch I guess or maybe perhaps it is a short circuit. Idk if it might be the XLR cables that are in need of a replacement since I've had the unit for 3 years now. Everything works on it! its just this damn spike in sound that I don't understand, and when I record a mix you can hear the volume level spike up and down drastically when im recording and mixing and when im just playing music. Oh and the spike shows up on the denon volume level meter.

I have a Vaio windows 7 ultimate. Duel-Core Processor. Ram 4GB 64-bit OS
VDJ 7.4.6 pro
Denon Dn-MC6000 all updated.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 7:50 pm
Dodgy fader?

Sounds like a hardware fault.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 8:19 pm
no not the fader! its the Master volume level

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 9:36 pm
Hi. please help,

Using VDJ8 (pro-infinity) with a Denon MC6000mk2 (default midi settings)

Currently using inner 2 sliders to control decks 1 and 2 in VDJ.

I want to use outer left slider to control an external input. So I have changed the selector at the top and the channel
is not allocated to the cross fader control.

I have audio but no controls at all for this channel.

Do I need to change anything in config/audio setup?

Thanks,

Posted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 12:53 pm
96%