Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Configuration issues MC3000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First off, not sure if this is where to put this. Have VDJ running with a Denon MC3000 controller. Doing mostly online broadcasting. this configuration: Master: primary sound driver, Headphones: MC3000, Microphone: primary sound, was working with out many issues.. not the ideal config, but best I could get. Ran the headphones off the mc3000, that way I did not hear my voice, just the mix. Ran the mic through the computer, as I could not get the MC3000 mic to go to broadcast. This seemed to be working, until my headphones on the puter, not the controller were replaced. But oddly still worked for one set, then the headphones off the MC3000 quit.... still broadcasts fine everything else works... Uninstalled the new phones for puter,still the same. I have unistalled VDJ, an clean re-install, with no luck. Also re and re'd the asio driver. Can get headphones on MC3000 to work in certain configs, but usually with out broadcast or mic working. Pretty sure this is pilot error, but any thoughts would help...

Vegas

Posted Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 3:54 pm
Sorry, some more info... Windows 7 64 bit, VDJ pro, AMD A8-5600, 8 gb ram

Posted Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 3:56 pm
What you need to bear in mind is the signal flow.

VDJ (broadcasting) -> MC-3000 (mic/headphones connection) -> speakers.

If you're broadcasting from within VDJ then the audio is broadcast before it's reached the MC-3000. Therefore if you plug the mic into the MC-3000 it's connected after the audio signal has left VDJ.

Ideally you need to be broadcasting the output of the MC-3000, rather than straight from VDJ. That way you can use your mic and headphones on the MC-3000 as designed and you'll be broadcasting everything.

Posted Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 6:29 pm
Understood, is why I actually used the PC for the mic input (all coming from the same source), I used the advanced config to incorporate the mic. But for some reason can't get a headphone signal from the jack on the MC3000, is clearly getting a signal as the LED 's and all other functions of controller work..

Posted Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 6:57 pm

Posted Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 7:28 pm
No, with this, I have no mic at all..

Posted Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 8:01 pm
Well that's what your config needs to be for everything to work on the MC-3000.

As mentioned, ideally the mic should be plugged into the MC-3000 and will be sent out of its master output by design.

If you're broadcasting from VDJ then you won't get a mic signal because the mic is added to the mix after the signal has left the VDJ software. To broadcast everything, the signal needs to come from the MC-3000 master output.

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 5:42 am
I know that, is why I was using the mic plugged into the puter, and having VDJ access the sound card. The MC3000 is not broadcasting, VDJ is. Regardleess, will use master out for awhile till can get it working again, or find another program or hardware..

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 12:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)