Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 44

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

If I understand you correctly, you want to plug an external source into the MC6000 via CH3?

When you say you have "no controls" are you expecting the VDJ onscreen mixer to somehow respond?

It won't. You're using the MC6000 as a hardware mixer (for that channel), not a MIDI controller. The signal goes straight to the MC6000 output.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 5:56 pm
groovindj wrote :
If I understand you correctly, you want to plug an external source into the MC6000 via CH3?

When you say you have "no controls" are you expecting the VDJ onscreen mixer to somehow respond?

It won't. You're using the MC6000 as a hardware mixer (for that channel), not a MIDI controller. The signal goes straight to the MC6000 output.

I am trying to use the left hand slider on the mc6000 to control an external input (e.g. ipod / cd player) and at the same time use the inner sliders to control the 2 decks in vdj.
The 2 decks in vdj are working fine, but when I input anything into lines 3 or 4, with the selector switched to line 3, slider doesn't make any difference.

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 12:06 pm
I must apologise. It's just dawned on me that you're using the mk2 version. The original MC6000 could be used as a hardware mixer or a controller.

Denon took away the hardware functionality from the mk2, so any external inputs have to be routed through VDJ.

See here http://denondj.com/kb/article/1833

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 7:09 pm
groovindj wrote :
I must apologise. It's just dawned on me that you're using the mk2 version. The original MC6000 could be used as a hardware mixer or a controller.

Denon took away the hardware functionality from the mk2, so any external inputs have to be routed through VDJ.

See here http://denondj.com/kb/article/1833

Thanks for that, I'll check my settings over the weekend and let you know.

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 10:44 am
Issue: Fader not working on Virtual DJ 7.4.6 Pro
Device: Denon MC6000MK2
OS X: Yosemite 10.10.5
Firmware: Latest v1003
Trouble shoot : Fader works using Traktor Pro 2.9.0.

Please provide me the fix...!!

Regards,

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 8:18 pm
music234 wrote :
SC 2900 FW (Sys 1140)
• Changed a function of the CUE button pushing with touching the top of jog wheel, when the Cue Mode is “Standard”.
• Fixed a problem that incorrect track information is sometimes displayed when move to a different track by using Hot Start function.
• Improved media access speed.
• Fixed a problem that a pattern of jog LED’s lighting is not changed according to a current selection at “Jog Ind. Color” menu in the preset.

Greets ;o)

Hello, are you able to change the jog led color, please let know cause in trying but nothing works.

Posted Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 2:39 pm

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 6:39 am
I've used the Denon MC6000 Mk1 for 5 years and have just bought the MC6000 Mk2.

I've noticed that the microphone has a delay on it that I didn't have with the Mk1. Also, I can't seem to get the same volume levels or Eq quality that the Mk1 produces. I've checked and it has the latest firmware installed (v1003).

This is using a standard wired Shure SM58 microphone.

Is there any fix for this now or in the near future?

Posted Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 9:11 am
The mic inputs are hardware so nothing to do with VDJ. If the quality is different than it's different circuitry in the MK2 than the MK1.

I seem to remember the MK1 mics are very hot, so I know they reduced the volume level on the MK2 but that shouldn't affect the quality.

Another thing to bear in mind is that the MK2 is a watered down version made cheaper for Serato so the chances are it won't be comparible to the earlier one quality ways.

Posted Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 9:20 am
Hi kradcliffe, yeh I know it's nothing to do with VDJ that's why I posted here in case it's monitored by someone from Denon with answers.

Quality doesn't seem quite as clear testing at home, dunno if will be any different tomorrow when I get to work. It's not a big deal as the last few months I've been using the mic channel on the mixer I feed the MC6000 into, a Numark CM200USB. That's partly because it has always been difficult to get the right balance of mic vs music output on the MC6000 Mk1, even with a hotter signal, too easy to get digital distortion from the mic, yak.

What is more of a concern is the digital delay I'm hearing. Must be at least 1/4 of a second and I would say probably unusable. I didn't get a delay on the MC6000 Mk1. Just wondering if other people are getting the same delay with their units.

***EDIT***
That's the weirdest thing ever! Just connected one of my Mackie SRM450s up and clear mic, no delay!

Right, sorry neighbour, needs a good thrashing lol.

Posted Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 9:49 am
I am just pulling my hair out!!! I have the DN-S3700's. A Numark M6USB, and I have followed all wiki, and this entire thread. I have reset, installed newest firmware to decks, followed all asio removals, fresh 1.0 install on win1064 bit os, I can see them in denon app, they are in midipc mode, connected, pc see's them. Nothing in VDJ8.0. nothing I do reacts in VDJ. I have soundcards set to 2, with denonasio selected, all deck settings same. I don't understand, as I am very computer and equipment saavy. In controllers I only see keyboard. VDJ never sees the decks. my pc does before I enter VDJ, if I tab out oif VDJ and open denon app, they are gone. I am about to smash everything, I have uninstalled and reset my PC, decks, everything!!! #FrustrationAtMAXXX

Posted Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 9:01 pm

Posted Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 11:48 pm
Well now I don't feel like such a DumbAzz... Thanks!!!

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 5:39 am
They should still be visible in VDJ though. If the computer sees them, so should VDJ.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 5:31 pm

Posted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 7:45 pm
Hopefully with different moderators this time.

Posted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 7:49 pm
They are still behaving rather childishly on there, it seems.

e.g. any time the word Pioneer is used, it's censored and only shows as black blocks.

Posted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 8:03 pm
Oh dear, is that really necessary?

Posted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 8:36 pm
On the old forum, I got banned for a while, then I was allowed back on - but every post I wrote went to a mod for "approval" first.

It made the whole exercise unproductive, as either my posts didn't appear at all, or they were posted far too late in the thread, after others had already commented. They often removed parts of them too.

Now they're doing it to everyone!

Posted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 9:16 pm
Yeah, I got banned several times by Gary.

They used to re-write all the posts in a positive light and take out any reference to anything being wrong.

My final post was about the quality of the MC6000 tact switches (and hstory has proven them to be crap) and it got removed so I never went back.

Posted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 9:23 pm
98%