Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VCI-300 and Virtual DJ [Midi mapper now available] - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey guys so I broke down and bought a VCI-300 today, its a really nice controller. Compared to my Hercules RMX the VCI-300 honestly feels so much more pro orientated, the RMX now feels like a toy. Can't say much for the ITCH software, its simple as its niche is a little different from VDJ, as the controll is all in the controller. The responsiveness on the unit is really what caught my attention. Now when I push a button the music responds instantly, with my RMX, it's still just not right. Scratching is so onpoint, I would say it reminds me of a CDJ.

Anyway I am hoping to try the MIDI translator available on djtechtools.com for the VCI-300 and get it working with VDJ 5.2.1, I will let you know how it goes.

Has anyone tried this yet with success?

Posted Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 9:22 pm

Posted Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 6:22 am
looshusHome userMember since 2008
Me deffo gotta buy me one of those whhen I've got the mixer, they look the nutts.

I know what ya mean about the RMX, I do like mine but it's not amazing (although it's not a pro unit) still 100x better than the BCD tho in my opinion.

Posted Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 8:39 am
Hey guys I installed the MIDI translator and so far it looks good, I had an issue with the PITCH and I have not mapped the Touch JOG yet but hopefully I should get around to sorting out all the issues tonight. I really like this unit even with Itch the Scratching response is fantastic, its very tight integration, no detectable delay at all, I think once they iron out all the bugs in the software it will be a best seller especially the buttons on the unit, they feel ten times better than the RMX.

I actually thought my unit had the right jog issue but it looks like it was related to the power my computer was supplying now its working great!. A highly recommend the VCI-300, I still think its pricey though.

I really hope VDJ decides to make integrated support for this unit.

Posted Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 4:14 pm
I'm thinking about picking one up too. Do you have to buy it bundled with itch, or can you buy it separately for cheaper?

Posted Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 6:36 pm
have you tried to map it with VDJ, it should work with the midi.translator

Posted Sun 26 Oct 08 @ 9:31 am
I did try it shortly unfortunately I didn't have much time last night, and quite frankly I have been testing Itch more. But PLAY, CUE and the Crossfader workers without issue. But I tried mapping the JOGS and the PITCH sliders and I am having issues. It looks like on the pitch sliders the number values keep fluctuating like this 45 - 0 - 44 - 0 - 43 - 0 42 -0 ect. so as I mover the slider down it is decreasing but it constantly shows zero, any ideas? The JOGS i have no clue I am not getting anything out of them, no matter how I map them.

By the way, honestly the scratching on ITCH is really impressive, even with keylock on it sounds and feels fantastic.......I am really impressed, you really don't need CDJ's if you have this unit and what I really like is the buttons feel proper not like the ones on the RMX. I think my RMX is definitely going on ebay, its almost night and day for me. Sure it has less function buttons then the RMX, but the ones it does have are soooo much better.

I really hope VDJ adds integrated support for this unit.......any comments from any VDJ employees on getting VCI-300 integrated support?

Posted Sun 26 Oct 08 @ 7:36 pm
if you have used the midi.translator software, if you enable the VCI-100 profile under the controllers, does it work? just an idea...

Posted Sun 26 Oct 08 @ 8:01 pm
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get the Jogs and the pitch sliders working?

Posted Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 10:20 pm
This is what I am talking about! This is what I have always envisioned a truly mobile controller to be able to do!!

Although my beat juggling skill are not to speed as Deeznotes this gives you a good idea of the capabilities of the VCI-300. I would love to be able to use this with Virtual Dj, can anyone help me get this MIDI mapped?

http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=1060

Posted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 3:08 pm
Have you tried downloading a vci 100 midi mapper? I think there's some funny values that need to entered in the "value" box of the shortcuts. Obviously, that's assuming that the 300 and 100 work in a similar way. I hope you manage to get it sorted, it'd be great to have this working with VDJ.

Posted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 3:27 pm
cosmodkPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just got my VCI300 today :) and i would LOVE vdj to take up the support on this wonderfull piece of equipment. Until then we have to use Serato Itch, and well.. that is definately not tha bomb... I am lacking so many features on itch, that i am used to from vdj.

PLEASE figure out a way to support the VCI300 Controller.

I tried the minimidi translator, however cant get it to work at all with Vdj. But in Traktor and Deckadance its pretty good :)

//cosmodk

Posted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 4:13 pm
give us more information how the console build quality is, the headphones does work OK?

Posted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 4:21 pm
THe build quailty is good, definitely better than the RMX that I was using. I am not dogging the RMX, but it just didn't ever feel right to me, but I was able to manage with it. The VCI 300 feels like I am using a pro DJ piece of equipment, especially the buttons, they respond when you push them and very little "play". Out the box it feels like you could take it straight to a club with vey little learning curve or having to remap any buttons.

Faders are nice and smooth, knobs are ok they could be a little better I think. Headphones work flawlesly, great quality sound! To me moving from any high end CD players like CDJ's or Denon 3500s players its a very easy transistion, and all the buttons and functions work as you would think they would.

Maybe if the clear plastic on the jogs was a little wider they would feel better. I also don't like the jog adjust knobs on the side of the units, there is no indicator to really know how much you have "adjusted"

I really like the fact that it has a line through as well tested it and it works well!

I really don't have much gripes on the unit. When I purchased the RMX, it was'nt much of a difference to the MK2, here there is significant difference.

I still think it should be about 100 to 200 dollars cheaper though

I have been using ITCH for last couple days and I actually am getting to like it its simple but effective. But there are definitely some features that VDJ has that its lacking

Posted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 4:39 pm
with ITCH, scratching is as good as they say?

Posted Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 3:52 pm
I would say yes it is as good as they say the platters are a little close together so its a little ackward, but other than that it is very on point. My Hercules RMX is going on ebay without question.

I just hope VDJ adds native support for the VCI-300! Otherwise since I am not a video DJ not sure if I really need VDJ any more either! I would rather use VDJ becuase it has better MP3 management and more effects ect. but the I can't go back to the RMX after using the VCI-300.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 1:06 pm
Any Company serato works with, The standards on the equipment has to be high. If you only dj audio, just use Itch. Its gonna work better.
I have The Denon HC4500 hooked up to serato and it responds fast and it is on point. Everything works perfect all the time. It works native

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 10:00 pm
Got something new?

Posted Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 6:45 am
*push*

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 2:01 am
Caliente123 wrote :
Any Company serato works with, The standards on the equipment has to be high. If you only dj audio, just use Itch. Its gonna work better.
I have The Denon HC4500 hooked up to serato and it responds fast and it is on point. Everything works perfect all the time. It works native

I would agree if you don't DJ using video's I am not sure if its useful for me to use VDJ anymore without being able to use the VCI-300 as a controller. I tried to use my RMX last night at a gig and I wanted to toss it against the wall, it feels so toyish in comparison, there is not a single feature I miss on the RMX (other than triggering effects). Hardware wise the VCI-300 build is far superior (I love the buttons). However, software wise i defitenly like VDJ, especailly MP3 management wise, Serato has some catching up to do with both Scratch and Itch in terms of how they allow the user to manage their MP3's.

Come on VDJ integrate the VCI-300, now that there is trully a great MP3 controller/audio device available, have it work with your great software. I know one can argue that the VCI-100 is pretty much the same, if not better becuase it has more buttons, the fact that it didn't have a sound card and its a tad smaller as well I don't like the jogs is what drove me away from it.

Come on, native VCI-300 Support!!!

Posted Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 1:46 pm
14%