Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Denon DN-HC4500 Mapper v1.2 released for VirtualDJ v5.2 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The Denon DN-HC4500 custom mapper has now been updated to make it compatible with the new v5.2 version of VirtualDJ.

You can download it from Downloads -> Plugins -> External Tools:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=4558

This is mainly a compatibility update - The only change is the following:
Quote :

When using automix, song information is no-longer constantly read while a transition to the next song is taking place. The information is read once only when the transition has completed.

NOTE: This updated version is NOT compatible with VirtualDJ v5.1 or earlier.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 7:22 pm
Hi JP,

I'm sure i read earlier today that you were unsure about some of the changes you have made to 1.2 and if they will cause problems with the Automix.
Just to jet you know I'm using it right now and have been for about 1.5 hours and all is fine.
I am using Vista so not sure about XP.

Hope this helps you.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 4:40 pm
Just a few other points,

The LED'S for hot cues 4 & 5 dont seem to light up? and i still have a problem when using the CD draws and going back to PC it just leaves the screen blank untill you do something which will make parts of the screen come back on as they should, Is this a problem with VDJ still??

Thanks Tom

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 2:34 pm
tomvassie wrote :
The LED'S for hot cues 4 & 5 dont seem to light up?

It's only currently possible to query the position of cue points #1 to #3 from within a plugin such as the HC4500 mapper.

Cue points #4 and #5 may be supported in the future if appropriate queries are added to the plugin SDK.

tomvassie wrote :
and i still have a problem when using the CD draws and going back to PC

I don't use this feature, but there is a work around in the mapper for the problem (Since v1.0) - After switching back, wait a couple of seconds until it says SOURCE SEL COMPLETED, then press the parameter knob again. All the lights will illuminate momentarily, resetting their status and allowing them to work again correctly.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 4:57 pm
JPboggis now that vdj has finally got the bend mode and smart scratch option right. The only thing that would make ur custom mapper perfect now, is to add the vdj default option of bend mode or scatch option in your mapper as a choice. because some of the choices you have in ur mapper ex. spinback, is still not great, it's effect sound distorted compare to the new vdj upgrade.Big Improvement in vdj, it was well deserve. No disrespect to you, i beleieve that your mapper is awesome, just trying to help you to make it perfect now.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 11:59 am
Improvements can be made for the next version:

Bend mode: I've already had a request to implement velocity sensitive pitch bend as an option instead of the present incremental bend, which is designed to replicate the way pitch bending with jogwheel works on Denon DN-D4500/4000 CD players. Due to urgent updates required to make the mapper compatible with VDJ v5.2, there wasn't time to implement it for the v1.2 mapper release.

Scratch mode: This needs to continue to hold the scratch if the jogwheel is released and still spinning.

NOTE: One of the weak points of the HC4500 is spinbacks - It's jogwheel isn't free spinning like the DMC-2 or DAC-3, so you can only get a few seconds worth of spinning at the most. The spinback mode was added as a work around for this - it works best if you spin the jogwheel slowly in reverse and try to move it as consistently at the same speed as you can.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 2:02 pm
When in scartch mode, is there a way to replicate the pitchbend by lightly touching the wheel as the native version of Version 5.06 did.
The new native version of 5.2 doesnt seem to allow you to do this which is a major issue for me. I really dont like using the + & - buttons to bend. I know your mapper allows you to vary the controls which is great, but sometimes my colleges find it overcomplicated, mainly due to the fact they dont use it. Anyhelp on this matter would be great thanks.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 6:48 am
Yes, in Scratch mode it will pitch bend if you touch the jogwheel lightly.

Also, if you don't scratch, you can put it into Bend mode, which will make it always do a pitch bend (Preventing an accidental scratch when you meant to pitch bend but pressed the wheel too hard.) Also, when the music is paused, bend mode will scratch to allow cueing of music easily.

The mapper does have a lot of functions, but you do not need to use them all. You can also turn off some functions that aren't wanted, such as any of the modes (E.g: External mixer users can turn off Mixer mode.) Anyone who is used to a Denon dual-CD player should get on just fine with the basic controls of the mapper.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 6:27 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I found a problem or a bug. I accidentally assigned effect 1 button to some other effect than original brake. Brake was very good and i want it back. How ever reseting the effect by pressing memo+back+effect1 causes a vdj crash. Is there a way to reset all to default values? or manually edit some file?

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 3:36 pm
It looks like a bug - I've just tried it and although it didn't crash for me, it displayed random characters on the text display. I'll get it fixed for the next version (Probably a bug accidentally created in the update to make it compatible with VDJ v5.2)

You can reset all of the effects and function buttons back to their default settings by exiting VirtualDJ and deleting the following file: My Documents\\hc4500_functions.cfg

(Don't delete hc4500_params.cfg - That contains the user parameter settings if you have changed any using FLIP+CONT/SINGLE)

Alternatively, you could open the file in Notepad and delete the lines that begin with effect: 7 1 - This will reset effect button 1 back to its default settings.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 4:26 pm
Hi JPBoggis, you're mapper is absolutly funtastic. I've a suggestion. I can't see in wich mode I'm. I mean when I'm in cue mode it shows it for some seconds and then nothing.

Here my suggestion:

CUE MODE -> Hot Cue lamps light up the cue points are set (it's okay in you're mapper)
LOOP MODE -> The 5 Hot Cue lamps are blinking (lamps full on blinking)
SAMPLER MODE -> The 5 Hot Cue lamps are full on (not only dimming)

On you're mapper the hot cue lamps only light up a little bit, i've seen on another mapper that there is a way, to light full up the 5 hot cues, it looks like the playlist button on you're mapper. I hope you kno what i mean ;-)

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 1:00 am
DJ-Elliot wrote :
I can't see in wich mode I'm. I mean when I'm in cue mode it shows it for some seconds and then nothing.

If you forget which mode you are in, you can simply hold down the TITLE button to show it and any relevant information (E.g: Effect name.) Providing you keep the button held for a few seconds, it wont change the mode when you release it.

Also, have a look at the user parameter 'Mode Info Display' (#24) - This allows you to always show the mapper mode info when in Effects, Video or Sampler mode.

DJ-Elliot wrote :
LOOP MODE -> The 5 Hot Cue lamps are blinking (lamps full on blinking)

That could be quite annoying for people who regularly use loops! (Some even use this mode as default instead of Cue Points.)

DJ-Elliot wrote :
On you're mapper the hot cue lamps only light up a little bit, i've seen on another mapper that there is a way, to light full up the 5 hot cues, it looks like the playlist button on you're mapper. I hope you kno what i mean ;-)

The default native support is able to show the status of cue points #4 and #5 because it is built into the main VirtualDJ code and has access to all information.

Currently, within a plugin it's only possible to query the location of cue points #1 - #3, so it's only possible to light the buttons appropriately for those cue points.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 12:45 pm
jpboggis wrote :

NOTE: One of the weak points of the HC4500 is spinbacks - It's jogwheel isn't free spinning like the DMC-2 or DAC-3, so you can only get a few seconds worth of spinning at the most. The spinback mode was added as a work around for this - it works best if you spin the jogwheel slowly in reverse and try to move it as consistently at the same speed as you can.

quite so, i totally agree. But the only issue i ever had with the mapper is the spinback. i never like the fact that while in spinback mode if u press down on the jogwheel the song doesn't stop. But with the current vdj 5.2 ur able to do so now while is scratch mode, you can do a spinback effect and if you press down on the jog the songs stops. that is why i suggested that you used this vdj default option as one of ur choices.

Posted Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 3:56 pm
The jogwheel not being held in scratch mode while it continues to move is a bug and will be fixed in the next version.

Also, I'll add in the touch-sensitive hold function to the spinback mode. I didn't originally think this would be useful because no-one would use that mode for scratching (The scratch sensitivity in that mode is purposely increased to get around the non-free-spinning jogweel spinback issue) and the mapper automatically pauses the song for you, which is something the native support doesn't do.

Posted Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 4:58 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you set pitch range to 100% , slow the pitch all the way down, activate the brake function and press play to make brake effect -> it causes a crash. It's not very big thing, just noticed it.

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 9:43 am
It's possible that pitch bending that causes the song to go below 0% (Impossible) causes the crash (The brake function uses pitch bend to achieve its effects.)

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 2:04 pm
que buen aporte sabes, he buscado por mucho tiempo este plug in gacias a todos

Posted Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 2:08 am
Well I went ahead and bought the 4500 (was using Numark Total Control). was impressed with it before using your mapper, put the mapper in and WOW!!!!! it adds anouther dimension to the controller!!!

I have ordered the denon x500 (awaiting delivery), my question is, does the mapper control the x-fade on the mixer or do I need to do something else?

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 5:50 am
Yes, the X-control feature will allow you to video crossfade using the crossfader of the mixer. You will need to connect the X-control cable between the X500 mixer and the HC4500, and turn on X-control in the presets of the HC4500 (See page 8 of the HC4500 manual.)

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 1:21 pm
Hello again JP,

I have been having a little problem with the 4500 and VDJj, i thought it may have been something to do with my laptop, but i have found someone else who has posted the same problem on the thread for DJ Formats hc4500 skin, so i thought i'd see if you could shine some light on the issue...
So.. we start the night off all good, then after a while arround 45 mins to 1Hr the controller just looses connection, Audio carrys on playing through the 4500 soundcard, vdj keeps running as normall but there is just no control with the controller??.

The way i get it working again is go to the remote tab, disable/enable the controller and off it goes again?
the other thread has a reply saying about vista shutting down ports to save power, surley it wouldn't do that if the port is in use? even still, I have disabled that so it won't do it, but I still get the problem.

Would the crash report say anything about this, my guess is maybe not as VDJ didn't actually crash?

If you can think of anything that would help then i'd love to know.

Many Thanks Tom.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 12:41 pm
36%