Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Denon DN-HC4500 Mapper v1.2 released for VirtualDJ v5.2 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Tom,
I have already checked my usb power saving options and they are as they were when I originally configured my laptop when I first started using VDJ so I have ruled this problem out.
Ive been using VDJ with the HC4500 for over 6 months and its never lost control before up untill using d.j Formats skin. This is very weird this should not make any difference!

The only other changes that have been applied to my laptop are a recent spell of automatic windows updates, so the thing im gunna next try is to roll back the instalation and see how it goes. maybe you could look at this too

I will post my findings. Has anybody else who has experienced this issue??

Lee

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 3:22 am
Hi Lee.

Have you done the service pack 1 updade for vista? I'm going to try it all tonight with the normall vdj skin and see how it goes.
Do you know what you were doing when it stopped working? I dont know about everytime but the last time it happened i was loading a track from the playlist, i'm sure that was the same as the few times before to, but cant be sure.

Will post how i got on with the VDJ skin tomorrow or monday.

Tom.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 4:38 am
Im not entirely sure which updates have gone on the last week, I will check and make a note before I roll back instalation. Come to think of it now you reminded me, I think I was in the process of loading a track when the loss of control problem occurs.

Just to note Tom, I did change the skin back to my usual widescreen cue and within the hour the same happened again which pretty much says the problem lies elesewhere. Will post my results of the rollback after tonights gig. Any other thoughts please post back mate. Hopefully together we can sort this out.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 5:09 am
Good news! Think we can completely rule out the skin issue as first thought...After the rollback no major issue with loss of control at last nights gig, although I did have a slight issue with loss of sound on one deck at the start, but I think this was a configuration setting due to the roll back. I used the HC4500 skin all night.

I will continue to use the same windows setup next week with updates turned off, and see how it goes again ( i did not use video last night, as I do most other weeks),

I am now a little concerned about future updating, you would think windows updates should improve reliablity not the other way round. Im still not sure which service pack release I have installed as Im not sure where to find the details on vista??

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 5:47 am
Hi Lee,

Good to hear you had a trouble free night, i changed the sink back to the VDJ full video and didn't have the loss of control like we have been having, i did however have a crash? i have posted the crash gaurd report on another thread so hopefully someone that has the know how can de-code it i'm going to try it with the new vdj skin (that horible silver thing!) and see if that gives any probs. my next night out with it will be wednesday so will let you know how i get on.

Cheers Tom.

Posted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 3:50 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello! I have a wish for a new version of the mapper. I use mostly loop-mode of the controller and found there is a lot of buttons i never use (for example buttons 1-5 for the loops, it is easier to activate and set the loop length with the roll-push button.

So my idea is that there could be a full custom mode or custom mapping to any button of the controller. IE. you could pick up a function and functions parameters from a list that can be rolled just as in user-parameter mode?
So you could map (almost) anything to any button. Ok, it is a bit hard to implement I think but still possible.

Thanks for the mapper jbpoggis!

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 6:41 am
Hey Lee, well i used the VDJ5 sliver skin last night(at its proper resolution, not re-sized) and had no problems at all, i'm going to run it for the rest of the week and see how it goes, have you re-sized DJ Formats skin? i'm just wondering if its the re-sizer that could be causing these errors??

Cheers Tom.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 6:13 am
I used the resized hc4500 skin all night on saturday after the windows update rollback, and had no problems with loss of control. Im fairly convinced its nothing to do with the skin or resizer tool although your reports suggest uve done nothing other than change to a different skin. Have you rolled back any instalation changes or just changed the skin?? I will continue to see if things stay working as they should with the hc4500 skin over the next couple of weeks or so and report back.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 10:26 am
no i haven't rolled back any updates yet, i think i'm going to try and run with the vdj skin and see how it all goes.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 11:10 am
Hi JP,

I also would like to complimente you on this mapper, it really works like a Denon cd-player now (and that isn't the case with the standard mapper in VDJ). I worked with a Numark DMC 2 at first, but that wasn't the quality I was looking for since I'm used to work with Denon cd players.

There was however one thing I did prefer about the Numark. I loved that the play button also had a stutter function. Could you write that as a user parameter for the next version? Many thanks from Holland!

Posted Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 4:38 am
It's already possible to do a stutter on the PLAY button with v1.1 and above of the mapper.

To find out how, please purchase VirtualDJ Professional or if you have already done so, please register your license serial number by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

Once you have done this, you will see the answer below this post.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 9:40 am
I have a licensed version but I lease the software from my music supplier. I downloaded the mapper on his clients login, but for this forum I rather use my own name. I know I can stutter by holding down the "flip" button as well, but I'd rather have an option in the user parameter menu so I only have to push the play button.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 6:20 am
yourlive wrote :
I have a licensed version but I lease the software from my music supplier.

Sorry, but that's against the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement for VirtualDJ (EULA) - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/atomixproductions/disclaimer.html

EULA wrote :

This license does NOT allow you to:
- rent, lease, sell, lend, distribute, publish, bundle or sublicense the Software or any part of it.
- rent, lease, sell, lend or distribute hardware on which the Software is installed, unless specifically authorised by Atomix.

Please purchase your own full license for VirtualDJ: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 1:15 pm
However, in answer to your question, if the PLAY button could be permanently changed into a play/stutter button, you would no-longer be able to pause the song, making it difficult to set cue points, etc. directly from the controller. The Denon HC4500 has a combined PLAY/PAUSE button, making it unsuitable for this purpose. CD players with this function (Typically Numark) and the Numark DMC-2 controller have separate PAUSE and PLAY/STUTTER buttons.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 1:20 pm
Hello,
Sorry, my English is not so good....

I search for a Mapper for Dvinyl 2020 Controler.
I have the Trial Version for 20 Days and i will Test my Controller with VDJ.

I can not Download from this Site with Addons....
I´m not a License User...

Can everywhere send me the Mapper for Dvinyl2020 That I can Test my Controller ???

My ICQ is : Sorry, no E-mail, MSN, ICQ, etc. allowed from no license users

Thanks for your Help !

Greetz: Tommek from Germany ;-)

Posted Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 7:09 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Firstly wrong thread, and secondly the answer to your request is no. The plugins are only available to licensed users.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 7:11 am
Hello Jpboggis !!! I need to use the xcontrol (dnx500) for audio crossfader control, Is it possible?? Saludos!! and thanks for the mapper!!

Posted Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 4:31 pm
dani385ar wrote :
Hello Jpboggis !!! I need to use the xcontrol (dnx500) for audio crossfader control, Is it possible?? Saludos!! and thanks for the mapper!!

Yes it is.

Posted Sat 20 Dec 08 @ 10:12 am
perblooHome userMember since 2008
Hello,
I have just bought the controller DENON DN-HC4500.
First tests with the software TRACKTOR and REFLEX gave me satisfaction.
Nevertheless, I also wish to try VDJ where with this Denon DN-HC 4500 Mapper v1.2.

Questions:
Is the mapper supplied with the trial version of VDJ 5.2 the one of jpboggis in version 1.2 ?
Should the opposite occur, how can I get it ?

Thank you.

Posted Sun 21 Dec 08 @ 4:52 am
Sorry, the mapper is only available to licensed users who have purchased VirtualDJ.

The mapper cannot be obtained for use with demo. However, you can use the native support built into VirtualDJ, which provides basic mapping of the HC4500.

NOTE: Before using a HC4500 with VirtualDJ, please ensure you have the latest firmware and drivers installed from Denon, otherwise you may experience freezes due to a bug in their earlier firmware: http://www.denondj.com/plugin.asp?prod=DN-HC4500

Posted Sun 21 Dec 08 @ 2:41 pm
73%