Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do I get my Key tags into VDJ? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I've just purchased Mixed In Key that analyzes the key of tunes and puts it either in the Inital Key ID3 tag field or in the Comments field.
In VDJ it seems that I have to manually right click on each tune and choose to move the tag into VDJ's tag field. I'm guessing that VDJ doesn't read the right ID3 tag fields right? But I've tried to convert the tags from v1.1 to v2 and back but they still don't turn up automatically in VDJ.
I can see the tags in Windows, in the ID3 tag tool and in Traktor but not in VDJ (not without manual steps).
What am I doing wrong?

//D

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 11:56 am

Select a range of files in the VDJ browser, rightclich and choose "reload tags" from the File Info part.

Works superfine with Key tags from Mixmeister at least.

Btw, Mixmeister demo is free (v6) and never expires, and gives FAR more accurate key detection than Mixed-in-key

;)

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 3:09 pm
Thanks, it worked!
Is there a way to select a whole folder structure in the left tree to speed up the process?

Ah, so you mean I've spent $58 for something that is free? Typical! :)

//D

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 4:16 pm
Right-click on the folder and click "scan for tags." :)

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 4:23 pm
chafferPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I made the same mistake as you, the most frustrating thing is you HAVE to be connected to the internet to use the damn thing! They Don't say that before you get yer money out. STUFF that for a laugh!

Try also www.mixshare.com , no internet required, free of charge and totally awsome. Once you spent some time working it all out!

Hope this helps you out

Dave

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 5:10 pm
Hey dj-in-norway

Which version 6 do you refer to,

Express, Studio, or Fusion?

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 5:19 pm
I'm using the studio demo ;)

Mixshare is great too, the most accurate of them all, but its a bit slow to analyze.

So for me Mixmeister (super fast on dual core) is the best choice, and free (demo, that never expire)

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 5:22 pm
You know where I'm gonna go now then!
Mixshare is a bit slow as you say.

Many thanks, I'll have a look!

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 5:33 pm
DJ-IN-NORAWAY

Would you have a link for the Mixmeister 6 Studio Demo?

Thanks,

DJ TAO :)

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 11:40 pm

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 1:59 am
DJ-IN-NORAWAY,

Reason I asked is all I saw was Version 7.2, etc...

Thanks so much...

DJ TAO :)

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 11:04 am

7.2 should be just fine ;) The only thing I dont know, if its still a never ending demo

Like v.6 is ;) (hence provided link for that)

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 1:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 2:03 pm

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 2:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dam no such thing as a free lunch

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 2:41 pm
Glad I found this thread, I had the same question. Thanks to that DJ in Norway.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 4:22 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hmm... I have a use for this, but haven't had so much luck getting it to work. I mainly use formats other than MP3 though (Flac, aac, etc).

I really beg to differ on the point that MixMeister is superior to MixedInKey - MixMeister, for one, doesn't actually detect anything in major keys, EVER. MixedInKey, not too long ago released version 3 that has a dramatically improved detection engine and is a little more useful. I just wish the Author would support more formats (especially FLAC) and allow drag & drop from foobar2000.

Uh... that'd be totally kickass if VirutalDJ could use it as a plugin somehow to scan for the key and then tag it right in the databse. I don't suppose that'd ever happen though...

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 1:41 am
vidanesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Wow, what an amazing discovery in this thread. I was about to buy Mixed in Key!!! Phew!

So I have downloaded the latest Demo version of MixMeister Studio on their website, 7.2, and it seems that it willl not expire. The only limitations are mentioned there:

"This is a fully-functional trial version, which will insert a demo message into completed mixes every few minutes (buying the full version will remove these messages). CD burning is limited to 10 uses in the trial version."

Posted Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 1:24 pm
Supacon wrote :

that'd be totally kickass if VirutalDJ could use it as a plugin somehow to scan for the key and then tag it right in the databse. I don't suppose that'd ever happen though...

Mixed in Key is just a simple software, that wraps around a key detection algorithm anyone can buy, called TonArt

http://www.zplane.de/index.php?page=description-tonart

And there are no technical problem about VDJ adding it to its arsenal of features. But I think Dev Team is/will be working on its own algo.

Posted Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 1:33 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
vidanes wrote :
Wow, what an amazing discovery in this thread. I was about to buy Mixed in Key!!! Phew!

So I have downloaded the latest Demo version of MixMeister Studio on their website, 7.2, and it seems that it willl not expire. The only limitations are mentioned there:

"This is a fully-functional trial version, which will insert a demo message into completed mixes every few minutes (buying the full version will remove these messages). CD burning is limited to 10 uses in the trial version."

How Bizarre,

I started a thread about "Mixed in key" yesturday , I was just about to download too untill DJ in Norway pointed me in the same direction, MixMeister, but I downloaded the v6 studio demo version. Saved myself $58.

It is awesome software, I been messing around with it this afternoon. Have you figured out how to use it yet? Managed to rescan 820 tracks in one of my house folders. Just in the process of reloading my idtags to include the Key tag.

Jimmy b

Posted Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 1:36 pm
77%