Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 5.0 revision 6 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
bryantpb wrote :
How does automix next and automix next sidelist work, what do they do exactly, and on what buttons do we find them?

It is the return of the 2 Deck AutoMix (Kind of) :

They are actions that can be assigned to keyboard shortcuts or a skin button.
  • auto_mix_next -- utilizes the Playlist panel as it's source of files. It removes the file from the list once the file is loaded to a deck.
  • auto_mix_next_sidelist -- utilizes the Sidelist panel as it's source of files. It removes the file from the list once the file is loaded to a deck.

It uses the Auto-Cross Length found on the Options tab as it's crossfade length setting.
It uses the Full tracks length. So the better the track is editing is of any leading or trailing 'dead air' the better the mix.
To do a 'Mix Now' simply STOP/PAUSE the playing track. It will play the other loaded track, then load the next track from the playlist/sidelist.
If you have AutoCue enabled in the Options, then a track with a CUE Point set (usually CUE 1) loads it will load to that point OR if you manually move the track to be played next to a mix point, then when the mix occurs it will use that point and not the beginning of the song when the auto-mix occurs.

Once your list (Playlist or Sidelist) runs out of songs to play, you must deactivate the action or the next file loaded to the list will AUTO Load and start the mixing process again.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 4:44 pm
dj marz are you saying that use it with the hc4500 and didn't lock up. with full native support? what is and what isn't vista compatible? thanks

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 4:50 pm
DJMarze wrote :
used v5.0.6 lastnight at a gig for 8 hours - and didnt have any problems...

Same here.

I did 13 hours straight on Saturday (5am-8pm) using TCV's, all visual mixing/scratching, without a single major audio or visual problem.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 4:50 pm
conquest, why are you mixing at 5am? haha. j/p

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 5:47 pm
D-Twizzle wrote :
conquest, why are you mixing at 5am? haha. j/p

I spun at the USC vs UCLA football tailgate party at the LA Coliseum (using the latest update released that morning). Mixed from 9pm-12am Friday night (LAPD said to cut it), and 5am-8pm Saturday.

Slept in the car and everyone started honking their horns at exactly 5am to wake up for the gameday's festivities (aka a LOT of food and drinking).

Here's my invite to everyone here in our VDJ community Twiz: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/81379/General_Discussion/LA_Coliseum__USC_all_weekend_tailgate_party_starting_TODAY__Come_on_out___D.html?highlight=coliseum

BACK TO THIS THREAD TOPIC ;)

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 6:06 pm
it's good you were running vista! haha, j/p. now back to the topic, rev 6 is awesome!

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 6:35 pm
D-Twizzle, not trying to start trouble, but how are you able to get revision 6?

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 7:35 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
think we should leave that one up to the referee...

Tayla

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 7:37 pm
I don't think he was necessarily saying he is running rev 6, I think he was just jokingly trying to throw us Back On Topic.

However if I'm wrong, that's a good question...

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 8:16 pm
conquest

by using the phrase "rev 6 is awesome" implies that they may have or have access to this particular edition... but he that is without...

just a thought, as there seems to be an awful lot of complaints about "no license users" on the forums lately (i could'nt give a monkees either way and regulary help when i can) and we are here to encourage them to purchase a legit' copy , would it not be possible for those that have a twenty day demo and say it has been running from febuary or a maximum of three months to limit there access to the forums as only allowed to read and not participate, as happens in other forums, or we could in certain circumstances burn them at the stake... but only midweek as i work weekends....

Tayla

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 8:45 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I am not one to defend crack users Tayla however, please consider this. Occasionally there will be a DJ who uses a clubs copy while they are at work and this could, possibly, be one of those occasions. We do need to give the benefit of the doubt in this one instance.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 8:52 pm
is virtual dj vista compatible or not? i have til tommorrow to return this laptop. please guys i really need to know.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 8:57 pm
GUNGI9515 wrote :
is virtual dj vista compatible or not? i have til tommorrow to return this laptop. please guys i really need to know.

VDJ - Yes compatable.

all hardware and soundcards? - CHeck with manufacturer

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 8:58 pm
teu

concur your honour... like i said i could'nt give a, he who is without...

Tayla

tayla wrote :
conquest

by using the phrase "rev 6 is awesome" implies that they may have or have access to this particular edition...

That is one possibility Tayla.

However, as I mentioned in my previous post, someone could also be "jokingly" (or in this case, sarcastically) be saying that in order to get Back On Topic.

Either way, I'm not arguing that this is the case here. I'm just stating that it is a possibility.

GUNGI9515 wrote :
is virtual dj vista compatible or not?

Yes it is.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
GUNGI9515 wrote :

Yes, VirtualDJ is Vista Compatible.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 8:59 pm
gun

been running vdj on new lappy since march (home) not particular fantastic specs really to what some of the guys have got, but yes besides the odd hiccup i would put down to 95% being my fault human error go for it and get the best specs available to yourself...

Tayla

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 9:05 pm
Which version is compatible? becuase i'm trying to use my denon hc-4500 via midi and it wont work on the laptop but it will work with my desktop XP. and btw. i'm using my friends rev 5.02. And yes i will be buying a version of pro as soon as they come out with the native support. I promise guys. I'm not a crack user.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 9:28 pm
gun

lol, did'nt mean to upset no one, but i'm still not free weekends for stake burning or cruxcifixtions, i'll leave the technical stuff to the guys in the know but what i can tell you vdj runs sweet on vista just keep your unit clean, vdj will do the rest...enjoy

Tayla

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 9:34 pm
no afence taken tayla i just wanted to clear to make that point clear. :) now can some one tell me why i cant enable midi on my laptop. it's not reconizing the controller

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 9:47 pm
38%