Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 5.0 revision 6 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

manquin_dj,

you will soon see if you use it for basic playpack, it's fine, but doing anything else beyond that (looping, scratching, adding cue points) it will freeze, and lock VDJ. And you will have to disconnect the HC4500 from your computer.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 12:39 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Great new Pitch ranges! CDJ1000's will feel that much better with timecode now!

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 1:00 pm
HI!
Thanks for the new update!
Wery good work, as usual!

Kind regards
/Karrobarro

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 1:09 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
DJ Cyder wrote :
word is the Denon is looking to fix its buggy controller however there isn't much we can do as the problem is directly related to the firmware of the controller. Denon is aware of the bugs and has said they are working on it. For now the controller only works in xp.

Nice twist on things Cyder.
Denon IS NOT aware any such bugs, the information you claimed is unfortunately false.
We tested our HC4500 across many platforms without issue.
Those who own our HC received a copy of Reflex and no such lock ups occur.

However, we are always willing to work with your team to see if we can narrow down the cause.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 3:41 pm
Careful gentlemen. When your left hand is on the keyboard, it doesn't know you are touching yourself, with your right hand.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 3:51 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Denon DJ wrote :
DJ Cyder wrote :
word is the Denon is looking to fix its buggy controller however there isn't much we can do as the problem is directly related to the firmware of the controller. Denon is aware of the bugs and has said they are working on it. For now the controller only works in xp.

Nice twist on things Cyder.
Denon IS NOT aware any such bugs, the information you claimed is unfortunately false.
We tested our HC4500 across many platforms without issue.
Those who own our HC received a copy of Reflex and no such lock ups occur.

However, we are always willing to work with your team to see if we can narrow down the cause.

Did you test it on vista? This is information that passed on to directly from the developers, anyways its not worth getting into here.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 4:27 pm
First crash for me!!

Never had a problem with 5 rev 5 apart from the DAC-3 thing but so far haven't got as far as plugging the DAC-3 in! Was just creating a playlist!

Crashguard says:

ID=004726a1 (date=712032225, version=5.0 rev.6, build=506, thread=Main, dump=8b421451, excode=c0000005 (0,14))

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 4:28 pm
In VDJ 5.1
will the timecode cds be fixed?

Are they better now in 5rev6?

Regarding as in less pops and crackles? im sure you guys have seen my posts, about every type of test i have ran through vdj since i get pops and cracks all the time,

hope to hear from you soon,

jc flores

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:10 pm
well i'm using it and it works great and it's less filling .....

wasn't expecting any laughs in this thread , but Marcel flamin' the crackhead and AMaHM .... makes me touch myself and laugh ......

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:12 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djcel wrote :
DJ_SVO wrote :
One question, I did not install Rev 5 due to the problems with the DAC-3 controller. Can I install Rev 6 over Rev 4? Or should I install Rev 5 and then Rev 6?
Thanks.

Yes you can directly install rev6 over rev4

Thanks!

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:24 pm
I would think it would be in Denon, and VDJ best interest to work together and get the problems fixed. Most people that own the HC4500 don't really like PCDJ reflex software, plus it's only LE version, plus knowing PCDJ's history, it might be a while before a full fledge version of Reflex will come out. One of the things I love about VDJ developers are they so pro-active. So hopefully, these two wonderful compaines developers will work together.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:30 pm
Thank you so much VDJ TEAM I truely believe VDJ to be the VERY BEST PROGRAM out there....

You Guys ROCK!!!!!

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 6:45 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
djreggieward wrote :
I would think it would be in Denon, and VDJ best interest to work together and get the problems fixed. Most people that own the HC4500 don't really like PCDJ reflex software, plus it's only LE version, plus knowing PCDJ's history, it might be a while before a full fledge version of Reflex will come out. One of the things I love about VDJ developers are they so pro-active. So hopefully, these two wonderful compaines developers will work together.

As mentioned, it would be no issue at all to work with the VDJ Dev team to resolve any issue.

Cyder, we dont support Vista at the moment, as it requires a special custom driver.
Although the sound card portion of our HC will work right now with Vista.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 8:15 pm
IMPDJPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Kewl Beans on the update!
FYI
I own the HD2500 and have no freezing issues.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 8:21 pm
We were assured that 5.5 resolved the problem of VDJ closing down with out warning when clicking the bullets has this been addressed and fixed in 5.6 ?

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 8:31 pm
chriso710 wrote :
We were assured that 5.5 resolved the problem of VDJ closing down with out warning when clicking the bullets has this been addressed and fixed in 5.6 ?

I don't know who assured you, but why not try it and see? I never had this problem, so maybe it is machine specific. If you are still having this issue with the new version, I would not click the buttons, until it is fixed.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 2:49 am
Hello

Good to hear that the new revision's in the works, looking forward to getting my DAC-3 back up and running.

One question, is there a rough timescale for the port of rev6 to Cue please? ideally I'd like time to have a good test before the weekend

Thanks!
pete

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 3:38 am
it more look like it's the software,why there was not a fix for the bcd3000 mic to work with vdj?.some things i'm seeing on this forum alot of no license uses

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 3:40 am
How does automix next and automix next sidelist work, what do they do exactly, and on what buttons do we find them?

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 12:43 pm
used v5.0.6 lastnight at a gig for 8 hours - and didnt have any problems - 1st time in a long time that i didnt encounter a freeze at least once a night! touch wood this continues!

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 4:26 pm
25%